Terry : end of days?

Madmax

Well, yeah, there's that... also look at the number of times he's come out with the ball, almost too far away from where he's meant to be! I'm not berating his efforts going forward, but whenever the other side goes to attack, Luiz is all the way up the pitch and he has no time to run back, and Mikel has to be there to cover for him, which is fine, but by just covering for Luiz, Mikel has left a wide open space in the midfield for the opposition to work around! I tell you one player who never did that... Makelele!

I dont know other people opinions but i think Romeu should be playing ahead of Mikel if not we need to seriously look at a new holding midfielder in Jan Mikel has proved he isn't up to the job,.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's lost the pace he used to have but that was always gana happen seeing he's getting older and then the endless back problems he seemed to have.Didnt seem the same since then but sod it still our Captain and still our player

Terry has never really been known for his pace , as someone posted before he had Riccy C to cover him for that. i just don't think his mind is still in the game with the media circus that is around him.

Just have a look at Terry's last 3 years' stats...

Games played:

2010/11: 46

2009/10: 51

2008/09: 51

I mean, for a defender like Terry who's always playing at 110% it has been too many games imo... he has played 12 games this season already and if he continous to do so he'll end up having played another 45 games. If we use him in the right matches he can play till he's 35 without losing much of his qualities but he has been overplayed in the last years and if we keep doing that he'll have to give his starter job away in the next 2 years.

And give up the 150k odd he picks up each week? Sure ...

Cant believe you're saying that about a player who, without a doubt, has shown more commitment to the club than any in its history.

If he was solely interested in money he could earn double that in the MLS ala Beckham. So yeah, sure.

I dont know other people opinions but i think Romeu should be playing ahead of Mikel if not we need to seriously look at a new holding midfielder in Jan Mikel has proved he isn't up to the job,.

Very true. Just look at how many touches e takes when he receives te ball. That's a habit he needs to get rid of sharpish. Romeu on the other hand looks sleek

Cant believe you're saying that about a player who, without a doubt, has shown more commitment to the club than any in its history.

Wouldn't go that far. What was all the hold up 2 seasons back when Man City were in for him and then he signs a 150k after weeks of silence.

Regardig MLS he ain't that old. He is 31 only and still wants to play at the top level while earning shitload

Honestly -what a bunch of fickle fuckers, It was Lampard getting the same last month wasnt it, now every one wants to suck him off...

Not that I don't disagree with the sentiment of that post.. But in fairness, Lampard did turn it around for himself. Nothing to suggest John can't. I think rotation's doing well for his fitness though, that's been a very good call by AVB :)

The high line doesn't suit JT as he's always lacked pace in his game, he's not past it, he's just not 25 anymore. Resting him the same way Lampard has been rested is the key to keeping him at his best.

He's not superman anymore, we used to think nothing would phase him or keep him out of the game too long. But now it's taking it's toll on his body & his mind with the allegations against him.

Wouldn't go that far. What was all the hold up 2 seasons back when Man City were in for him and then he signs a 150k after weeks of silence.

More than likely it would have been an agent angling for the best contract. Seriously, if you ever come to Stamford Bridge to watch a game you'd see the commitment to fans and the club that isnt covered by TV

Not that I don't disagree with the sentiment of that post.. But in fairness, Lampard did turn it around for himself. Nothing to suggest John can't. I think rotation's doing well for his fitness though, that's been a very good call by AVB :)

True. I am sure he will, its just difficult when the media are acting like a bunch of hyenas.

he'll probably score against Wolves -(though he could do with a rest- ) then every one will be spunking ''captain, leader legend'' again