Terry : end of days?

Madmax

I thought that we were ok in terms of CBs but our horror show defensively so far this season makes me think we need one, if not two more quality CBs. Like LDN_Blue said Alex is definitely on his way out, and Ivanovic should just be used as a RB and not a CB. So we've only got JT and Luiz and both are liabilities in different ways so we need to get one CB in January imo

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly.. Alex has slipped down the pecking order at the club. He'll probably be sold.

Then, Ivanovic is a back-up CB. Leaving Bosingwa to leave us vulnerable down that whole flank. This is why I believe we're chasing Gary Cahill. To keep Terry sharp & on his toes.

I am either a genius or a very deluded and arrogant man for thinking so :P , but I believe I know the only defender that would solve our defensive problems. He is perfect for the defensive high-line we are playing because he is one of the fastest defenders in the world and has great passing skills.

Who is this super man, you ask? :P Our savior in my opinion is milan's Thiago Silva.

My belief is if we are after cahill it is because he has been identified as being the eventual replacement for JT, terry god love him is gonna be doing well to still be playing at 33 let alone as a first choice for a title challenger, he has racked up alot of miles and injurys over the last 10 years so if he is still a week in week out for us in 2 years time that alone is an achievement as far as im concerned.

I am either a genius or a very deluded and arrogant man for thinking so :P , but I believe I know the only defender that would solve our defensive problems. He is perfect for the defensive high-line we are playing because he is one of the fastest defenders in the world and has great passing skills.

Who is this super man, you ask? :P Our savior in my opinion is milan's Thiago Silva.

Well you're not deluded.

Easily one of the best centre-back's in the world at the moment. Which makes his signing so impossible for us to make.

Well you're not deluded.

Easily one of the best centre-back's in the world at the moment. Which makes his signing so impossible for us to make.

He is like Luiz but without the terribly wrong decisions.

I don't remember we ever showed interest in him, but I'm not sure about the impossibility of signing him. He is not that highly rated at Milan. I think they would sell him for the right price.

He is like Luiz but without the terribly wrong decisions.

I don't remember we ever showed interest in him, but I'm not sure about the impossibility of signing him. He is not that highly rated at Milan. I think they would sell him for the right price.

Where did you get that from? He is an absolute hero at Milan and he recently extended his contract.

We should be looking at Luiz's performances as well there are two centre backs in this formation we shouldn't use JT as a scapegoat just because he is older. As we have said JT has never had pace its up to Luiz to cover that , but he tends to be up the field and we are left with Mikel ....

JT is not getting the blame because he's old, and Luiz was our best player in defence against Liverpool. Terry couldn't tackle, pass or handle the pressure, he had a bad game, Luiz did well and he doesn't deserve punishment.

JT is not getting the blame because he's old, and Luiz was our best player in defence against Liverpool. Terry couldn't tackle, pass or handle the pressure, he had a bad game, Luiz did well and he doesn't deserve punishment.

I am not only talking about the one game against Liverpool im talking about the CB partnership in a whole. I thought Luiz was our best CB on Sunday but that by no means he had the best game , for example he had 4 Liverpool players around him in our half and tried to dribble it out instead of clearing it which lead to him making a foul a player which lead to a dangerous free kick. I just think he needs to make some better decisions

The defence has been tampered with too much this season. Look at the 09/10 season; besides for injury it was always Ivan - Alex/Carvalho - Terry - Cole. There has been too much fiddling around at centre-half this season, you can't mess around there too much. No wonder why we're not as solid as we were, you learn to play with certain players and get comfortable. It is especially important for the defence and goalkeeper.

True. I am sure he will, its just difficult when the media are acting like a bunch of hyenas. he'll probably score against Wolves -(though he could do with a rest- ) then every one will be spunking ''captain, leader legend'' again

Only a cunt quotes themselves, so I am

The defence has been tampered with too much this season. Look at the 09/10 season; besides for injury it was always Ivan - Alex/Carvalho - Terry - Cole. There has been too much fiddling around at centre-half this season, you can't mess around there too much. No wonder why we're not as solid as we were, you learn to play with certain players and get comfortable. It is especially important for the defence and goalkeeper.

As well as CF...

You would have to be an idiot to write John Terry off. The man is a warrior. True hero.

If John Terry can somehow gain speed and learn how to play in highline defending then that will be a miracle, but you don't need speed that much if you have a great team and midfield there already.

If John Terry can somehow gain speed and learn how to play in highline defending then that will be a miracle, but you don't need speed that much if you have a great team and midfield there already.

Aye...a midfield that doesn't give rarely gives away possession in the middle of the park...

Terry just needs to be rested more , if you think how many times he has played through all these injurys it has got to take its toll eventually.

Give him some games off and he will be fresh when it matters , i do think once thise Rasicim thing is over it will help him concentate.