Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Penalty takers

Who should be our third choice penalty taker (after Drogba and Lampard)?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Who should take our spot-kicks? (Remember good penalty takers such as Kalou and Malouda aren't always on the pitch...)

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really don't know about Mata's and Meireles's penalty taking abilities, haven't seen them take one... Second taker should be Kalou or Malouda :D No but seriously, I don't know. Luiz seems to have a good shot in him, don't have confidence in Anelka though. Otherwise I really have no idea... other than seeing the odd penalty shoot out once in a while, we usually only see Lampard taking them... So I can't say for sure who I'd choose behind him, I'd need to be at the training ground for a while to assess them.

Really don't know about Mata's and Meireles's penalty taking abilities, haven't seen them take one... Second taker should be Kalou or Malouda :D No but seriously, I don't know. Luiz seems to have a good shot in him, don't have confidence in Anelka though. Otherwise I really have no idea... other than seeing the odd penalty shoot out once in a while, we usually only see Lampard taking them... So I can't say for sure who I'd choose behind him, I'd need to be at the training ground for a while to assess them.

Uhmm, Kalou is actually a very good penalty taker, only thing he's good at tbh.

lamps would (obviously) be the first choice. then if kalou's playin it SHOULD be him, if not malouda (i dont remember him missin a pen that he has taken). if the kaloudas are not on the pitch then it should be DAVID LUIZ. atleast the guy can shoot on target and he just missed one penalty which was more than just a decent save plus against fulham his penalty was really good. i m sure if meireles' penalties were good enough he would have been given the ball as i take it that such things would obviously have been discussed before the match itself. so relax guys it was just one miss to make it a draw, poor refreein to make it a loss(against qpr), and poor luck n defendin (against arse-anal)...

the most important thing to learn from these 3 matches is that AVB needs to rethink his strategies.

Whoever has the confidence to take one. Penalties are as much luck as anything else. If the keeper goes the other way for Luiz's pen then we would all be saying it was a good pen and should take them going forward. Lamps as missed his share recently. No point looking at this in any detail.....