Everton 1-2 Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't Chris Foy an Everton supporter?

Quote from wiki:

"As an Everton fan,[11] Foy does not referee competitive games involving the club[12] although he did referee an Everton away game at Aston Villa in 2002 before he had declared his interest in the team.[13]"

We played against them last week, and we play them this week as well...no surprises now I guess..

depends what lineup Everton will put out... if it will be their strongest or near strongest team, then we'll struggle with our youngsters and benchies.. but if they play with fringes+youth aswell, then I'm more confident.

Cech

Ferreira-Alex-?-Bertrand

McEachran-Romeu-Malouda

Anelka-Lukaku-Kalou

- I don't know who to put as 2nd CB. Ivan, Luiz and JT all played the last game, and will start against Arsenal. (plus Ivan and Luiz also played against Genk)

Anyway it will be a tough game, just hope Everton don't play all their starters lol.

Turnbull, given his performance against Fulham deserves the nod over Hilario.

Ferreira, Alex, Terry, Bertrand at the back. Alex needs game time, and Terry was rested against Genk so I think will play over Brana and David Luiz. Plus, Everton away will be very difficult, and will be more important to have an experienced leader on the pitch for this one.

Midfield Romeu, McEachran, Malouda. All need game time, and the others need a rest after the effort put in against QPR.

Front three of Sturridge, Kalou and Lukaku. Kalou and Lukaku need game time, and Sturridge didn't play for long against QPR, so I would look to give him an hour.

It would be nice to see a couple of the other youngsters on the bench for this one, like Chalobah and Billy Clifford, and of course a handful of the experienced lads if we should need them (Lampard, maybe Torres)

McEachran, Oriol & Lukaku have to get some action.

Need to see a good mix of experience & youth. Cole's suspended so Bertrand must come in (surely AVB won't do a :carlo: ). I'd start Anelka, Lampard, Terry & Cech as the experienced.

Cech

Ivanovic - Luiz - Alex - Bertrand

Oriol

Lampard - McEachran

Sturridge - Lukaku - Anelka

I also think Terry will start, he got rest against Genk, as opposed to Ivanovic and Luiz. Might get a half-time sub for Ivanovic if no forced subs occur, that would probably be for the best. Romeu, McEachran, Bertrand and Lukaku will surely play, and Lampard needs rest so it's either gonna be Malouda or Ramires (if fit) to accompany Josh and Oriol.

So my guess is.. I usually don't do lineup predictions but I'm bored atm:

Hilario

Ferreira - Alex - Terry - Bertrand

McEachran - Romeu - Malouda

Sturridge - Lukaku - Kalou

McEachran, Oriol & Lukaku have to get some action.

Need to see a good mix of experience & youth. Cole's suspended so Bertrand must come in (surely AVB won't do a :carlo: ).

AVB himself said that this competition was for our youngsters, no matter who we play - he will give them the nod. And I trust him really.

I expect,

Cech

Fereirra Alex Terry/Ivanovic Bertrand

Romeu

McEachran Meireles

Sturridge/Anelka Lukaku Mata/Malouda

Sub Mata, Ivanovic, Ivanovic and Sturridge to rest them for Arse.

edit: Forgot it, if Mata isn't 100% then he shouldn't play of course. I do hope he is fine though.

Mata needs to stay as far away from this match as humanly possible.

------------------------Turnbull--------------------

Ferreira-------Romeu--------Alex----Bertrand

-----------------------McEachran-----------------

-------------?????-----------------Malouda-----

Anelka--------------------------------------Kalou

-----------------------Lukaku----------------------

Any player who played most of the game with 9 men yesterday and is likely to play a key part against Arse has to be kept well away from this match or they will be shattered.

Oh come one, how can Chris Foy be the ref again?! man, i reckon big loss if he continues on his own again..

Foy is the ref for this match? It can't be true, in wikipedia it says he's not allowed to referee Everton matches since he's publicly said he was a fan. But if that's true and he's the ref again, then that's utter and complete shambles... no doubt of a conspiracy since he's a fucking self-admitted Everton SUPPORTER. I hope you're wrong though.

Foy is the ref for this match? It can't be true, in wikipedia it says he's not allowed to referee Everton matches since he's publicly said he was a fan. But if that's true and he's the ref again, then that's utter and complete shambles... no doubt of a conspiracy since he's a fucking self-admitted Everton SUPPORTER. I hope you're wrong though.

Nah they wouldnt for that reason and more so after Sunday

Sorry, I was wrong. Officially, the ref will be Lee Mason. The rest of the four will be A. Garrat, W. Smallwood and C. Webster as a fourth ref.