Respect for Super Frank

I'm gonna try and make this short and sweet buy I need it said. WHERE IS THE RESPECT THAT SUPER FRANK DESERVES? Recently Lamps ain't been at his best I'm happy to admit that and anyone who watches the games can see he has lost a bit but on recent threads there have been phrases like "the woeful lampard", " washed up" , "wish we would just replace him,people asking why can't we just drop him all together! Can we remember that this man is a living legend of the club. 10 years of service, almost 20 goals a season, one of the best middle men of his generation, a decisive component in most of our recent success, one of the most decorated players in this clubs history and a man who will be remembered for me and many others as one of the GREATEST this club had seen. I know he aint his best anymore and it genuinely hurts me to see him coming to the end of his career and yes it'd probably time to use him more sparingly buy lets keep the insults and disrespect to a minimum! SUPER FRANKY LAMPARD

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said . Seems too often we see vitriolic criticism of our players . In truth though we have missed the pre injury Lampard.

I had hoped a long summer break would have solved last seasons problems , alas that doesn't seem the case. I hope I am wrong

but I worry that his career is in decline . No longer have I the confidence that in a tight game "Frank will save us"'

Still he will remain a true Chelsea legend and his goal scoring from midfield probably will never be seen again ...

Don't mean this to sound like an obituary ..just recognising age does catch up eventually.

Good post i can say with the utmost confidence that i have never disrespected him and i believe he is one of a kind and we will never see his type again but he should have his role lessened, play less now he is 33 and when he does play he will be fit and ready to bang in more goals.

heard of less is more?

I think anyone saying Frank doesnt demand respect cannot be termed as a True Blue. All of us understand and recognizes what he has done at the club, he is not called Mr Chelsea for no reason. He is an icon, a legend, i mean there arent many central midfielder who can boast 20+ goals consistently for 5-6 season. But i think Lampard is no Drogba and he has started showing the fatigue and tiredness. In this situation we should use him every 3rd -4th game hence keeping him fit and also allowing new players to be ready to play in his position.

asking for him to be given less play time is not disrespectful. We love him, but time has caught up with him. WE respect Frankie.

I believe he meant some comments that included 'he's shit' that really emerged on here. I only ingore these comments. He's a legend and should be so treated. Right, he hasn't been at his best recently and deserves to feel like he should be on the bench. But still...

I think this is blown out of proportion.

Calling for him to be dropped is reasonable. I don't think anyone's disrespected him, they've just called it how it is. Yeah calling him "shit" might be over-the-top, however they only mean that's he's declining now.

Guest justin_3d

We aren't Lampard FC!

Even Raul, who always was mock about being Raul Madrid had his day coming.

Lampard ain't different. It would be amazing if Lampard retires with the team, but he can't keep playing full 90 minutes every game.

That is madness!

asking for him to be given less play time is not disrespectful. We love him, but time has caught up with him. WE respect Frankie.
I didn't say it was, I said asking to drop him all together and and wanting him replaced all together is out of order. Look at what manure did with giggs and scholes phase them out to let younger players thru whilst retaining them for what they can still offer the team. That's what I expect everyone wants but some of the shitty ways (especially on the match thread ) people were talking bout him makes me wonder how short some memories are

We aren't Lampard FC!

Even Raul, who always was mock about being Raul Madrid had his day coming.

Lampard ain't different. It would be amazing if Lampard retires with the team, but he can't keep playing full 90 minutes every game.

That is madness!

completely missed the point but I ain't surprised tbh. This ain't a call to keep frank in the team until he is in a retirement home, it'd not even about keeping him as a first teamer now its about realising the guy has been a HUGE part of this clubs most successful period and giving him the respect he is due... Read the post next time before jumping in with your lampardfc quips