Respect for Super Frank

Guest justin_3d

Still my favourite player ever. :cfc:

We had a great player like Zola, then Lampard took over and did great, now i wonder who will be the next big thing since these two?

David Luiz, Mata or Josh are the ones that i can think of right now.

But you see the scenarios here? Zola and Lampard where great players with great attitude.

They where the gentleman of the field. And the opposing rivals could not hate much on them because they where good players and guys with lovely personality. (Another example is Silva. He is from City, but a lot of people can't hate this player because he is great, and has a great attitude compare to the other jokers from City)

I can easily see something like this for the next couple of years for one of these 3, if they live to their expectations.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest justin_3d

Carlo is not a Chelsea legend, its ridiculous to think he is. with all the respcet. He wasnt that great in the double season either.

Even if he did, he was in Chelsea for two seasons, and he was awful in the second one.

He won the double as our manager, but he didnt do anything AMAZING that we can call him a legend. Our double won more by the

amazing form of Didi, Lamps and Malouda, especially in the last months of the season, than the great coching of Carlo. And dont get

me wrong, he was good overall in that season, but not great.

Ok good. I respect your opinion.

But can you tell me what is your view of a legend?

What are the requirements to be considered a legend?

Ok good. I respect your opinion.

But can you tell me what is your view of a legend?

What are the requirements to be considered a legend?

Its hard for me right now to explain my requirements for it, i can give you examples for legends in Chelsea from last years...

Lampard, JT, DD, Mou, Zola... People that did alot for this club, were here for a long time. Carlo was here for only two

seasons, and he didnt do that much in that time to be called a legend.

Guest justin_3d

Its hard for me right now to explain my requirements for it, i can give you examples for legends in Chelsea from last years...

Lampard, JT, DD, Mou, Zola... People that did alot for this club, were here for a long time. Carlo was here for only two

seasons, and he didnt do THAT much in that time to be called a legend.

hmmm sounds good.

But nonetheless this topic was taken out of context, cause i don't think people are disrespecting Lampard.

I think that all and most of people still respect Lampard and it will never change,different people have different opinion and different way of talking,some believe that lampard is hindering the evolution of chelsea. As a Chelsea fans, i will alway put the club > players anyday, some people just can't accept how some player is hindering chelsea.

I think that all and most of people still respect Lampard and it will never change,different people have different opinion and different way of talking,some believe that lampard is hindering the evolution of chelsea. As a Chelsea fans, i will alway put the club > players anyday, some people just can't accept how some player is hindering chelsea.

You cant say Frank is hindering Chelsea, you could say that in your opinion, keepnig Frank as a starter, its hindering Chelsea.

Its not his fault. Someone has to pick him so he would be a starter.

Just because I respect him greatly doesn't hide the fact he's been absolutely woeful.
no one said it did, people are on here arguing with themselves because when i started this i said that he should be played less and that he ain't been great... Now people are on saying "well he hasn't been playing well" or just because he is a legend doesn't mean we should always pick him.... Read my original post, i never said any of those things :D

Guest justin_3d

it was taken out of context ...BY YOU

No cause you are saying Lampard is being disrespected, and i don't think that's the case.

People are saying that Lampard should be bench or playing less.

Nothing wrong with that.

But he helped to create current image of Chelsea.

No cause you are saying Lampard is being disrespected, and i don't think that's the case.

People are saying that Lampard should be bench or playing less.

Nothing wrong with that.

I'm not saying it, I'm repeating what's been said by people not only on here but people who I know who are chels. I didn't just pluck this out of my imagination for the fun of it. Asking for frank to be benched is normal but that wasn't my complaint

People are not disrespecting Lampard. They just say that he should be benched or play less. That is perfectly understandable.

Lampards role is too important and crucial for our playing style, and we can't afford player out of form in that position. When he doesn't play well, when he is not in form, all team suffers.

Time passes and we can't do anything except to adapt. He is and always will be great Chelsea Legend.

But he is not supposed to suffer criticism in the twilight of his career, especially when it can be avoided. He will be benched, but it will take time. Lampard at Chelsea wasn't just a player, he was a Leader in every aspect of the game. And benching leaders is little more difficult and takes time.

I think the problem arises in match day threads ...members do tend to use emotive phrases when things are going wrong .

It happened a lot with Ballack in his last two years .. Most players get stick on here when things are going wrong in games .

We have relied a lot in the past for Frank or Drog to dig us out of a hole At one time a Frank free kick might be a point winner.

I think when there is a lack of respect is when things cool down and people use expressions such as "he is shit".

Incidentally I think the "Kalouda joke " is past its sell by date .. Seems some members find it a must use phrase in every thread.

I agree that it is time for Lamps too move on for sure but this thread is a great reminder too us all for the respect he deserves. Afterall when Scholes was imo 'washed up" you didn't hear Utd fans slating him, and their brainless. Besides I'm sure Lamps is aware that he can't be playing consistently as he used too in every game, and he will definitely be a player pushing Josh's career forward, nurturing him too the best of his abilities. Sometimes people just find it difficult to express themselves over the fact Josh isn't playing and unintentionally bash Frank, what we must also not forget is it's not Lampsy's fault that Mceachran is benched.

We had a great player like Zola, then Lampard took over and did great, now i wonder who will be the next big thing since these two?

David Luiz, Mata or Josh are the ones that i can think of right now.

HEYYYYY! U totally missed JT there! He is a LEGEND in caps!

Digressing though..dont let me interfere..continue :D

Edited by lecter

Guest justin_3d

HEYYYYY! U totally missed JT there! He is a LEGEND in caps!

Digressing though..dont let me interfere..continue :D

Yeah he is a legend in the Chelsea community, but he does not command respect amongst the rivals like Zola did and Lampard today.