Deadline Day!

J.F.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like fuck he has.

Last season Cazorla played most of his games in a central role with Walcott on the right and Podolski or Oxlade-Chamberlain on the left. Rosicky played 16 games overall last season so he didn't exactly play the #10 position for "the entire year" like you seem to think. Or in case you were talking about this season only, Rosicky has played the first few games through the middle and Cazorla on the wing but with the long term injuries to Podolski and AOC they've hardly have any other options, right?

Cazorla is still effective out wide and will do the job there once Özil joins but IMO he's somewhat wasted there and they'd have been better off spending the Özil money on some hazardesque pacy winger and continued playing Cazorla through the middle where he's at his best. Don't get me wrong, I definitely rate Özil as one of the best playmakers in the world and he will improve their side significantly but is spending £45m for him really necessary if it makes their current best player less influential? I know they don't exactly have any other options because it's so late in the window but what I'm saying is that maybe they should have been active in the market earlier and for example competed with us and Spurs for the signing of Willian? Now they're just trying to take the only world class player that is still on the market and that can be risky.

You are right that he is somewhat wasted there but tbh that is where he would be used in Arsenal's best team. My relative who is a fervent Arsenal fan says the best team bar Ozil would of look like :

Ramsey- Arteta

Walcott--- Wilshere----Cazorla

Giroud

He is definitely best in the AMC role but more often than not he is played on the LW. He started off on in the AMC role but Wenger started to use him on the left and with Ozil coming in you will see much more of Cazorla on the left and Wilshere dropping back to a much deeper role with Ramsey.

Wenger finally tow the lines, the Chelsea´s way.

Doesn't really matter. Still no where near good enough to challenge for title but will again be competitive for top 4. Even when they had Fabregas, RVP, Nasri, Adebayor...etc at their best they couldn't do it, now with 1 more world class player it makes no difference.