Deadline Day!

J.F.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't really matter. Still no where near good enough to challenge for title but will again be competitive for top 4. Even when they had Fabregas, RVP, Nasri, Adebayor...etc at their best they couldn't do it, now with 1 more world class player it makes no difference.

Arsenal is the last club in PL to worry about, at least I feel that way.

At least, I feel. Ozil for 42m Mata add another 5-8m.

For me Mata and Ozil is about the same, similar stats across seasons. He is hugely underrated at Madrid because Ronaldo and other big names alway steal the spot light, his record speaks for himself.

Like fuck he has.

Last season Cazorla played most of his games in a central role with Walcott on the right and Podolski or Oxlade-Chamberlain on the left. Rosicky played 16 games overall last season so he didn't exactly play the #10 position for "the entire year" like you seem to think. Or in case you were talking about this season only, Rosicky has played the first few games through the middle and Cazorla on the wing but with the long term injuries to Podolski and AOC they've hardly have any other options, right?

Cazorla is still effective out wide and will do the job there once Özil joins but IMO he's somewhat wasted there and they'd have been better off spending the Özil money on some hazardesque pacy winger and continued playing Cazorla through the middle where he's at his best. Don't get me wrong, I definitely rate Özil as one of the best playmakers in the world and he will improve their side significantly but is spending £45m for him really necessary if it makes their current best player less influential? I know they don't exactly have any other options because it's so late in the window but what I'm saying is that maybe they should have been active in the market earlier and for example competed with us and Spurs for the signing of Willian? Now they're just trying to take the only world class player that is still on the market and that can be risky.

I'm not reading all that mate because you're clearly wrong. (I ended up reading it lol ;) )

This year means 2013. He's clearly been on the left for the year. In all their big games when they aren't rotating players Rosicky has played #10 with Cazorla on the left.

And he's even more influential coming off from the left side with the freedom to drift. He averaged more goals + assists per game last season from that position.

Matter of fact he's never really played as a #10 throughout his career. He was deployed out in a similar position whether out right at both Valencia and Villarreal where was Pellegrini was the manager.

Ozil is the best attacking midfielder in the World. It's a no brainer.

I'm not reading all that mate because you're clearly wrong. (I ended up reading it lol ;) )

This year means 2013. He's clearly been on the left for the year. In all their big games when they aren't rotating players Rosicky has played #10 with Cazorla on the left.

And he's even more influential coming off from the left side with the freedom to drift. He averaged more goals + assists per game last season from that position.

Matter of fact he's never really played as a #10 throughout his career. He was deployed out in a similar position whether out right at both Valencia and Villarreal where was Pellegrini was the manager.

Ozil is the best attacking midfielder in the World. It's a no brainer.

Most on here won't agree with your last statement because on here Mata/Hazard is God, best CAMs in history of Chelsea FC as it stands. :ph34r:

Yeah, no way Wenger can complain about super high transfer fees anymore. Arsenal have now entered the modern football world.

Naaa he will just say how he can only spend on one top class player while others have moved on to several per summer hahaha.

For me Mata and Ozil is about the same, similar stats across seasons. He is hugely underrated at Madrid because Ronaldo and other big names alway steal the spot light, his record speaks for himself.

Ozil to me is very finely skilled player. His technical ability I admire the most. Yes, I agree Mata is very much the same even a bit better, I feel. The trouble with these players Jose is not their fan, I feel.

Similar players but Ozil has the ability to dribble past players and is faster. Mata on the other hand can actually last the full 90 minutes and is a better goalscorer.

Both are in my Top 2 with Ozil at the top of that ranking.