Sunderland 1-2 Chelsea

BlueLion.

3 games in 9 days, almost everyone will/should get a game. If Romeu doesn't start this one, then he probably will vs Leverkusen.

Yeah that does make sense. AVB will want to experiment more with the side and find out the strengths of each player, especially in the midfield. Lampard might want to sit out at least one of those games though because of International duty maybe!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't see how you can hate Nico for the missed penalty. Sure it wasn't the best penalty but VDS guessed the right way.

Yeah I can. Remember what he said???? Check it out:

'I stayed 110 minutes on the bench and suddenly I was asked to play less than a minute after being sent to warm up' date='' he said.

'I don't know if it ever happened in a Champions League final, in a game so intense, that a player was sent on without having warmed up.'

Anelka said he declined the offer to take one of Chelsea's first five penalities.

'I said: 'No way. I came on practically as a full back and you want me to shoot a penalty?'.

Anelka ended up taking Chelsea's second 'sudden death' kick, which was saved by Edwin Van der Sar.

'Good for him. That's the game,' added the Frenchman.

[/quote']

Yeah I can. Remember what he said???? Check it out:

Le Sulk lol... how much do you have to warm up to take a simple penalty? Taking a penalty is a mental challenge, not a physical one. Had VDS gone the wrong way, he would've applauded Avram for that decision a la "I had fresh legs and ready to do my job, I am a fucking hero". But I haven't played football, so I'm just ranting in the dark here :D

Ramires should NOT be dropped he has been our best player up to now and he gives us energy and dynamism. Torres should start upfront with Mata and Sturridge flanking him. I think Sturridge will score in this game and i think Mata will get one after bamboozling Tightass Bramble. lol good old Tightass is going to have a shocker today with all that pace and movement....... mark my words hahaahah.

........................Cech.....................

Bosingwa....brana......JT.....cole

...........ramires............lamps.........

Sturridge..............................mata

................lukaku...........................

..............................Torres.............

Subs: hilario,David luiz, Josh, romeu, Malouda, anelka, drog

Luiz to start if fully fit but reckon he'll be on bench to begin with

Up the Chels!

Its looks great but let Luiz in instead of Ivo!

Ramires should NOT be dropped he has been our best player up to now and he gives us energy and dynamism. Torres should start upfront with Mata and Sturridge flanking him. I think Sturridge will score in this game and i think Mata will get one after bamboozling Tightass Bramble. lol good old Tightass is going to have a shocker today with all that pace and movement....... mark my words hahaahah.

Agreed, Juandando will fuck the Sunderland backline up.

EDIT - Chelsea fans in Sunderland are apparently singing 'FERNANDO TORRES CHELSEA'S NUMBER 9' in all the pubs and on the streets, a nice gesture.

Agreed, Juandando will fuck the Sunderland backline up.

EDIT - Chelsea fans in Sunderland are apparently singing 'FERNANDO TORRES CHELSEA'S NUMBER 9' in all the pubs and on the streets, a nice gesture.

lets hope they are singing it afterwards in celebration

Word is Asamoah Gyan has left Sunderland for a side in United Arab Emirates.

Ghana striker Asamoah Gyan has left Sunderland to join the United Arab Emirates side Al Ain on a shock one-year loan deal, GHANAsoccernet.com can reveal in a world exclusive.

The 25-year-old sealed the deal early on Saturday morning after negotiations between the two clubs entered into the early hours of the morning.

Gyan is travelling to the UAE on Saturday afternoon before he is unveiled before fans of the club, the striker said in his first interview with any media outfit in the world since sealing the deal.

“I have signed a one-year loan deal with Al Ain club in the United Arab Emirates,” Gyan told GHANAsoccernet.com immediately after signed the deal.

“I will continue to wear my favourite No.3 jersey at Al Ain as I begin a new adventure but with Sunderland still engrained on my heart.”

The Ghana hitman has been linked with several top clubs in Europe since the start of the season but he has maintained his commitment to Sunderland.

Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Tottenham, Arsenal, Marseille as well as Turkish giants Galatasaray were all linked with the player in the off-season.

With the transfer deadline in Europe and Turkey passing it was thought Gyan would stay with the Black Cats at least until the end of the season.

But Al Ain powered in with a mouth watering deal which Sunderland could hardly resist which forced the player to move.

Sunderland feared the five weeks absence of their key striker during the Africa Cup of Nations which could affect their chances this season.

This is believed to be the main reason why they loaned out Gyan to allow other attackers in the team to flourish

http://www.ghanasocc...d-for-uae-side/

EDIT: Alex beat me to it.

Think thats bad news for us, was not going to play today and was at the ACON when Sunderland came to The Bridge, so he wont be able to bang them in against our rivals :(