Sunderland 1-2 Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Villas Boas team selection will certainly be an interesting one. He has shown he is not scared to try things (bringing off Kalou early and about to bring on Lukaku for Torres when we were still drawing) which is very important i think. Drogba being out means Torres is 100% to start, will look forward to seeing a front 3 of Mata, Torres and Sturridge. The midfield is an interesting one also, Ramires has been in fine form, Mikel has been very strong too. Does AVB drop Lamps and let Meireles play behind Torres, i would be very tempted to do just that.

Also given the way we have been caught behind our back 4 of late it would be a good idea to bring Luiz back into the fold, the pace alongside JT will be very useful and having Cech back is invaluable. Still looking forward to seeing Romeu in action too, hopefully can get a spot on the bench this week.

Villas Boas team selection will certainly be an interesting one. He has shown he is not scared to try things (bringing off Kalou early and about to bring on Lukaku for Torres when we were still drawing)

Pretty sure Lampard had scored the penalty so Chelsea were up 2-1.

What do you think about this line up:

Ceh

Bosingwa- Luiz- Terry- Cole

Ramires - Meireles- Lampard

Sturidge-Anelka-Mata

Not liking that Meireles choice. Not seeing how he was siting on the scousers bench & miraculously he is a starter on Chelseawillis.gif Don't get me wrong, I believe Meireles will fit in the Blues, but as a squad player. I rather have Mikel in that position & Torres up top to get him some run.

Not liking that Meireles choice. Not seeing how he was siting on the scousers bench & miraculously he is a starter on Chelseawillis.gif Don't get me wrong, I believe Meireles will fit in the Blues, but as a squad player. I rather have Mikel in that position & Torres up top to get him some run.

Surely you have to question Dalgleish though, Meireles was their player of the year now all of a sudden Henderson and Adam are better players than him? Not in my eyes.

Villas Boas team selection will certainly be an interesting one. He has shown he is not scared to try things (bringing off Kalou early and about to bring on Lukaku for Torres when we were still drawing) which is very important i think. Drogba being out means Torres is 100% to start, will look forward to seeing a front 3 of Mata, Torres and Sturridge. The midfield is an interesting one also, Ramires has been in fine form, Mikel has been very strong too. Does AVB drop Lamps and let Meireles play behind Torres, i would be very tempted to do just that.

Also given the way we have been caught behind our back 4 of late it would be a good idea to bring Luiz back into the fold, the pace alongside JT will be very useful and having Cech back is invaluable. Still looking forward to seeing Romeu in action too, hopefully can get a spot on the bench this week.

i agree with everything said in this post hopefully though if he does play lamps meireles comes on as a fair early sub maybe 65-70 minute if things have not changed

Surely you have to question Dalgleish though, Meireles was their player of the year now all of a sudden Henderson and Adam are better players than him? Not in my eyes.

agreed look at gameweek 2 in his one game for liverpool he had an assist on the suarez tap in..he gets in good positions and liverpool was foolish to let him go

Ceh

Sturidge-Anelka-Mata

Hopefully you kept Rambo :P , I can't imagine a lineup featuring players such as Bosingwa and Luiz without player who use to cover them when they go forward. Bosingwa's form is mainly due to Ramires' presence and the stability of the team is allowed by Mikel when he switches to CB when Luiz goes forward.

But I hope that will become less interdependent ; one of the things I expect from Luiz this season is to be more careful when he goes forward.

Ceh

Sturidge-Anelka-Mata

Torres is playing way better than anelka!

Hate anelka and dont see a point playing him as a striker would rather see lukaku and he plays as a winger for chelsea when drogba or torres are fit!

Torres is playing way better than anelka!

Hate anelka and dont see a point playing him as a striker would rather see lukaku and he plays as a winger for chelsea when drogba or torres are fit!

He played very well these 3 first games, even with the Ramadan.