Just how good is David Luiz?

Tomo

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday got me thinking about how Luiz is always chosen for the brazilian side unlike Alex, despite the fact that Alex looked much more solid than him at the back (up until the penalty of course). So does anyone think he's better than Alex?

He really amazed me against Fulham. He was fucking everywhere for 120minutes and still managed to get back in defense when needed. Really quality player. Plays risky, but that's what you sometimes need. He is going to be very important for us if AVB continues to use the high df line and to build from the back.

How good is David Luiz? I wouldn't choose a single other player on the planet to play at the heart of the Chelsea defence ahead of him. I honestly think its simply a case of some people just dont appreciate his style of defending, to some people a centre back should be purely a stopper in the mould of a Vidic or Terry. To appreciate David Luiz you really have to appreciate what it is that he brings to a team. He has fantastic anticipation, the amount of times he wins the ball high up the pitch is incredible, I dont think I've ever seen a better one on one defender, he is so quick and thats really important to have in this high line defence, when he does play on the cover he is very adept at it, he is a great option to have coming out of defence with the ball and has a wonderful passing range. The guy is quality, a real high quality centre back who isn;t you typical dime a dozen English centre back, he is a lot more than that and personally Im always excited when I see his name on the team sheet, imo he is a world class talent.

In January we will most likely be seeing a new CB sign for us, it seems to be AVB's will. Raul Albiol and Gary Cahill seem to be the most likely of suspects. I for one would love for David Luiz to be a starter over John Terry by this point and former a partnership with whoever AVB decides to bring in.

Ivan -- Luiz -- Cahill/Albiol -- Cole/Bertrand

In January we will most likely be seeing a new CB sign for us, it seems to be AVB's will. Raul Albiol and Gary Cahill seem to be the most likely of suspects. I for one would love for David Luiz to be a starter over John Terry by this point and former a partnership with whoever AVB decides to bring in.

Ivan -- Luiz -- Cahill/Albiol -- Cole/Bertrand

I dont understand why people keep using Ivanovic as a right back in their line-ups, when its pretty clear right now that VB dont see him as his first choice for that position. Bosingwa is his first choice as a RB ans I dont think that will change.

So I think you are terrible wrong. We have Alex, Luiz, Terry and Ivanovic, we dont need another CB and we will not buy one in January.

I thought his defensive performance in the 2nd half + ET was his best yet. And of course he looked great as ever going forward.

Just goes to show that when the situation (being down to ten men) called for it, he turned it up a notch. If he can show that kind of defensive performance on a regular basis, he's certain to start every match