Just how good is David Luiz?

Tomo

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the guy is great. I love the way he likes to get up the pitch, his enthusiasm and ability. A few mistakes here and there, but that's par for the course. Also, he seems to be a great personality too.

Lest we forget...

Luiz_001.jpg

When is he due back?

I am not exactly sure but he could be available for the Norwich game. If not he'll surely be there for the match after.

I think the guy is great. I love the way he likes to get up the pitch, his enthusiasm and ability. A few mistakes here and there, but that's par for the course. Also, he seems to be a great personality too.

Lest we forget...

Luiz_001.jpg

When is he due back?

True, people underestimate the importance of the squad 'joker' on team morale. He reminds me very much of Makelele, how he can't be serious for one minute :lol: David is almost like a team mascot, which is very important for the squad's chemistry, and that on top of the fact he is a great player makes him a vital cog in the Chelsea machine.

He is a fantastic player. Its really fucked up how much people still talking about his man U failure, every single player makes mistake and it

doesnt mean shit how many years your played the game!. For me Alex is history or sub. Luiz is our future.

I absolutely love this guy. His energy and passion on the field, specially in some of the games during our low period last year were so in contrast to that of some of his replace-with-a-sloth-and-you-still-wouldn't-notice mates.

He made a couple of mistakes, so what? There is no great genius without some touch of madness. He'll learn to control it.

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, I think David Luiz holds good for an image of the club.

And besides, Have you heard him speak English? Its awesome.

He's my new favorite player at the bridge.

God, His goal against United in his first match was a divine intervention.... !

He is a very good player but the problem is he is not a centre back. He will cost us to many goals in that position. He should be used as a holding midfielder...

AVB likes creative and technical central defenders who can surprise the opponent, so I think he will remain one. If he played in midfield, he'd be much more tightly marked and watched, but opposition often has problems with a surging defender. I think he is defensively talented and that CB is the best position for him. I find it good that we can have an element of surprise coming from deep.

Yes, he is going to give away the odd penalty. Yes, he will give away silly freekicks. He is definitely not what you would call a solid English CB and will never be. But what he does guarantee you is that with him in the side you are more likely to win than lose a game. His energy, passion and forward forays are something that is absolutely needed in a team these days. That one extra man all of sudden during open play in the final third can make all the difference.

I had rather have him in my first team as a CB than as a DM.

For fuck sake. Some people on here have the same mentality as french coaches. As soon as a player has a very good technical ability, they think he has to play high on the pitch...

He is a center back, end of the story. It is just like Piqué... They have both a great skill. And David should play like Piqué plays, in defence.

He can't play as a centre back in the PL against the best sides - his concentration is not good enough over 90 mins and he is too reckless....

Look at last year agianst Man U, yes he did score in the home game but was lucky to still be on the field at that point. In the away fixture he was at fault for the first goal...

For those reasons I dont think AVB will not play him on Sunday.....