Just how good is David Luiz?

Tomo

In past seasons Terry as making huge mistatakes almost every game. Alex was more solid than Terry in 08/09 and 09/10 season and he keeps as an untouchable, despite his lack of goals and the fact that he is now too slow for the game in the high level.

Ivanovic + Luiz or Luiz + Alex should be our main defence.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, he is going to give away the odd penalty. Yes, he will give away silly freekicks. He is definitely not what you would call a solid English CB and will never be. But what he does guarantee you is that with him in the side you are more likely to win than lose a game. His energy, passion and forward forays are something that is absolutely needed in a team these days. That one extra man all of sudden during open play in the final third can make all the difference.

I had rather have him in my first team as a CB than as a DM.

I feel like he's very much capable of winning you the toughest games and unfortunately losing you the easiest.

Great going forward but has to work alot on defending. He has played 12 games for us since he came and he should have been sent off twice apart from conceding three penalties and a big mistake at OT and stoke

These are his failures in defense in only his 12 games for us. Hence they are being highlighted.

Yes he has scored but like Torres is not bought to provide assists Luiz is not bought to score.

I don't think that's true.

Like I said, it's because Vidic does a lot more positive than negative which is why it seems that way. However I've seen many times on MOTD & SS, his negatives being scrutinized. Especially with that handball last season v. Arsenal or whoever it was.

The only reason David Luiz's mistakes are more noted on is, because he's knew. If Phil Jones made similar ones, they wouldn't go unnoticed either. For many, the first impression of David Luiz (for most media) was his - lucky - missed red card, which then punished United further with that goal.

Haha yeah his foul on Rooney a man who should of been suspended for his elbow to that Wigan player before they played us, it was just karma IMO.

How good is David Luiz? Play him in midfield and we'll see just how good he is. I think he's brilliant but being a defender takes away some things from him even if he see's himself as a defender he bloody well aint one. Come on Boss, Carling Cup midweek, play about.

How good is David Luiz? Play him in midfield and we'll see just how good he is. I think he's brilliant but being a defender takes away some things from him even if he see's himself as a defender he bloody well aint one. Come on Boss, Carling Cup midweek, play about.

I think you have a point,,,tremendous drive an energy in tandem with ramires...would make it harder for Josh to break through though

He is only young so he has time to iron out the rubbish marking and silly tackles. Experience will help with that too. However, he does seem to have a sort of 'immature' nature to him so you never know he may always be making stupid tackles.