Juan Mata

Severinb

Weaker was the right word. Back then Bundesliga was still behind Serie A, I think.

You really should atleast try to research a bit you know. 2010/11 Dortmund finished as champions, Leverkusen came second and Bayern came 3rd. 2011/12 Dortmund champions again, Bayern came second and Schalke 3rd. You have confused lack of proper televising, with weaker. If anything, Bundesliga is more weaker last season with the dominance and poaching of a singular team.

You really should atleast try to research a bit you know. 2010/11 Dortmund finished as champions, Leverkusen came second and Bayern came 3rd. 2011/12 Dortmund champions again, Bayern came second and Schalke 3rd. You have confused lack of proper televising, with weaker. If anything, Bundesliga is more weaker last season with the dominance and poaching of a singular team.

Depends on the way you choose to look at things. While in those two seasons the league was closer in terms of competition that doesn't necessarily mean it was stronger. In 2011/12 as a reigning champions Dortmund had a pretty poor CL campaign, while Bayern were definitely not as as good as they were the year after and last season, despite reaching the final of the competition. But even today you'd struggle to find any other half decent team in the league that can give a match to Bayern and Dortmund (to a certain extent, because they've also struggled in the league last season.)

Depends on the way you choose to look at things. While in those two seasons the league was closer in terms of competition that doesn't necessarily mean it was stronger. In 2011/12 as a reigning champions Dortmund had a pretty poor CL campaign, while Bayern were definitely not as as good as they were the year after and last season, despite reaching the final of the competition. But even today you'd struggle to find any other half decent team in the league that can give a match to Bayern and Dortmund (to a certain extent, because they've also struggled in the league last season.)

if you are talking in terms of Europe then 2011/12 was also a poor campaign for English Premier League teams even if Chelsea parked the bus all the way to the title. United got knocked out of the CL and then lowly Bilbao in Europa. City got knocked out of the CL as well and then Sporting in Europa. That didn't make the league week for that season. Just performances or individual strength does not characterize a league as weaker than the other. That's like taking the high ground without considering all the points.

if you are talking in terms of Europe then 2011/12 was also a poor campaign for English Premier League teams even if Chelsea parked the bus all the way to the title. United got knocked out of the CL and then lowly Bilbao in Europa. City got knocked out of the CL as well and then Sporting in Europa. That didn't make the league week for that season. Just performances or individual strength does not characterize a league as weaker than the other. That's like taking the high ground without considering all the points.

My point was not to concentrate on the European performances of German and English teams in that season alone and use that to draw a comparison between the EPL and the Bundesliga. The idea was to see the performances of the only viable German teams in Europe both on pitch and in terms of results and compare that to the following two years. I agree that doesn't show the entire picture, but if you see the Bundesliga as a superior to the EPL, you have your right to believe what you want. Also, It's pretty sad what you think of Chelsea's greatest ever achievement...

I agree that doesn't show the entire picture, but if you see the Bundesliga as a superior to the EPL, you have your right to believe what you want. Also, It's pretty sad what you think of Chelsea's greatest ever achievement...

No one ever said that. Stop putting words in people's mouth. Fact is EPL is the greatest league out there. That's not even debatable. Bundesliga certainly does come behind it but. That does not make it a weak league. and yes, I have a right to believe in what I actually see.

Pretty sad? it's the truth. Truth you have to be proud of. We pulled off one of the best defensive campaigns Europe has seen. There's nothing to be sad about pulling something off that historic.

This thread is perfect evidence that forum is full of disrespectful cunts. How can you demand loyalty and respect from (ex) players to the fans then, if you cant do it vice-versa, irony.

Mata is great person who helped us in one of darkest times at Chelsea in recent history, its ridiculous how people want him to do bad and say that he is ''average'' at best.

Mata never said single bad thing about Chelsea, if anything you should say him good luck and move on, focus on our club and our future.

It's simple, Kagawa is a good team player, he is more complete but he isn't world class in any department imo. While Mata has flaws he has world class passing, vision, set piece, and probably finishing (for AMs).

In a desperate team, like us in previous years and United now, you need Mata because he has the best chance of affecting the scoreline. In our new system, a player like Kagawa would add more value because he is a more complete player. He may not win you the game on his own, but he won't be at fault for loosing one. While Mata can do both.

This thread is perfect evidence that forum is full of disrespectful cunts. How can you demand loyalty and respect from (ex) players to the fans then, if you cant do it vice-versa, irony.

Mata is great person who helped us in one of darkest times at Chelsea in recent history, its ridiculous how people want him to do bad and say that he is ''average'' at best.

Mata never said single bad thing about Chelsea, if anything you should say him good luck and move on, focus on our club and our future.

Precisely. This forum has become unreadable for me . Whenever I click on view new posts and this thread appear I just sign out. Haven't spend much time here since United game and if my predictions are true about Mata and United I won't. I can't help it, barely look here, but couldn't help it now and this is the post I completely agree with. This is the truth. Plain and simple.

It doesn't matter that this is the first time since I joined that we have complete team, proper central midfielder, proper defensive midfielder, solid wingers on both sides and striker. I used to be unhappy about central midfield situation and that turned out well.

And now when we finally have all rights to believe that we have chance to win everything, some people are not completely satisfied. They feel need to trash ex players.

Fair enough. If that pleases you lot. Never take into consideration how pathethic team have United and how their game was never about number 10, just wingers and strikers. Believe that with Oscar, Willian, Shurrle or Salah in their team they would have turned into Premier League force. And when we finally win Premier League, say that's because we got rid of Mata, not because we finally have proper central midfield, solid wingers and proper striker.

Whatever. It's my fault your trashing spoils my mood. Not the other way around.

The story of his Man Utd career so far has been a defiant tweet 2 days before a match to say that the team is now ready to start destroying other teams followed by a groveling apology on twitter the day after the match for yet another woeful performance

:lol:

I have nothing against Mata btw and wish him well (except against us obviously).

In what way are people being disrespectful exactly? Because they don't want him to do well at one of our competitive rivals? If he does well United might do well and if United do well then it could affect us.

I appreciate what he did for us, but he's gone now and when we go to Old Trafford I hope (and think) Matic will nullify him, if he had the worse game of his career im happy, doesn't mean I hate him, i mean because our chances of winning go up.

I hope he never wins a trophy again in England, that doesn't mean I hate him, I just want Chelsea to win them all.

I would laugh if he doesn't have CL football next season, doesn't mean I hate him, he just plays for a club I can't stand.

Words from my mouth.

I'm extremely grateful of what he has done for Chelsea and I adore him as a Chelsea player and a person in general. However he is playing for Manchester fucking United now, I can only wish him all the very best in his personal life but for the love of god I hope he sucks as an United player. CHELSEA is essentially the only thing I support. Simple as that.

Why are people on here so pedantic and picky over how we are to think of and treat Mata? He played 82 league games for us... 82. To put things into perspective, Torres has played 102 for us, and despite being absolute trash for the most part, there are more defining moments with him that stick out than Mata during his time here. Both good and bad I guess, but still.

Maybe some of you should stop acting as if you are the end all and be all on the decision in how we should view Mata. I, personally, like some other Chelsea fans, don't really care for him. He played 82 games here, so he really isn't some bona fide Chelsea legend like some are harping on about on here. He played some great football here, and made some great moments, no one is denying it, but in general, he was someone who didn't want to fight for his spot, and in the end, didn't deserve it. Willian, Hazard and now Cesc are all better players than him anyway, so selling him was the right move. And now he is off at a rival club, and seemingly very happy with all his tweets and talk, and I'm supposed to be a fan? He's not Lampard, he's not Drogba, etc. He's the guy that played here 82 league games, less than his previous club, and I'm supposed to admire and respect him because he's a polite Spaniard who says the right things in front of the camera and played some football here?

Yeah, nah. He's a good footballer, with a lot of weaknesses, who does a good job standing out on a team where he can be the creator. I respect the fact he got us 38 mil despite not being as good as any of our current front players who start. He came in handy and I thank him for that.

Everyone is allowed to have their opinion, whether you think justified or unjustified. No one has to have some vested interest in a player because you do or because you dictate they should based on certain principles.

Rant over...

Why are people on here so pedantic and picky over how we are to think of and treat Mata? He played 82 league games for us... 82. To put things into perspective, Torres has played 102 for us, and despite being absolute trash for the most part, there are more defining moments with him that stick out than Mata during his time here. Both good and bad I guess, but still.

Maybe some of you should stop acting as if you are the end all and be all on the decision in how we should view Mata. I, personally, like some other Chelsea fans, don't really care for him. He played 82 games here, so he really isn't some bona fide Chelsea legend like some are harping on about on here. He played some great football here, and made some great moments, no one is denying it, but in general, he was someone who didn't want to fight for his spot, and in the end, didn't deserve it. Willian, Hazard and now Cesc are all better players than him anyway, so selling him was the right move. And now he is off at a rival club, and seemingly very happy with all his tweets and talk, and I'm supposed to be a fan? He's not Lampard, he's not Drogba, etc. He's the guy that played here 82 league games, less than his previous club, and I'm supposed to admire and respect him because he's a polite Spaniard who says the right things in front of the camera and played some football here?

Yeah, nah. He's a good footballer, with a lot of weaknesses, who does a good job standing out on a team where he can be the creator. I respect the fact he got us 38 mil despite not being as good as any of our current front players who start. He came in handy and I thank him for that.

Everyone is allowed to have their opinion, whether you think justified or unjustified. No one has to have some vested interest in a player because you do or because you dictate they should based on certain principles.

Rant over...

Lol who are you talking to?