Juan Mata

Severinb

Odds on him not seeing out his contract at United?

How long is his contract anyway? At the moment I'd say the odds are pretty damn good. Even though I enjoy united's sufferings I don't take much (only a little) pleasure in seeing Mata in this situation. He might eventually adapt to this position but I don't think his ceiling is as high there as in the middle. And I think either RVP or Rooney will be out in the summer so he might eventually play where he needs to play.

HAHAHAHA

Yeah, because everything Mourinho says in a press conference is the ACTUAL truth.

Mourinho is the master when it comes to playing mind games with the media.

First of, a player DOESN'T sign for a club if he doesn't want to. Secondly, Mourinho said Mata WANTED to go to United and not only has Mata not denied this, he actually CONFIRMED it in his goodbye letter to Chelsea fans:

Mata: " I hope you understand that after going through a complicated and, for me, new situation in the last few months, I believe this is the best choice in order to carry on with my football career and to keep enjoying this sport. "

Or did Mourinho also go ninja on Mata's mind and tricked him into writing that?

There's a line that separates being in denial from being stupid, try not to cross it mate.

How long is his contract anyway? At the moment I'd say the odds are pretty damn good. Even though I enjoy united's sufferings I don't take much (only a little) pleasure in seeing Mata in this situation. He might eventually adapt to this position but I don't think his ceiling is as high there as in the middle. And I think either RVP or Rooney will be out in the summer so he might eventually play where he needs to play.

4.5/5 years, I think.

Are you saying he'll quit on them like he did for us?

Possibly. No CL next season and what if they finish outside top 4 again and Real or Barca want him? He's not really played in CL this year and went out early last year. In total could be 3 and a half seasons out of the CL. Who knows, I'm just chatting shit lol

Given the whole Kagawa story, i thought it was abundantly clear Moyes has no clue how to utilize a player of their style (although i rate Mata much higher than kagawa). I get that Juan wanted to play, but to move as a player out of form, to a team in crisis, to play there out of position... that is not a recipe for succes

Mourinho's decision has been vindicated so far on KDB/Mata. Matic is playing well and Mata isn't doing great.

However, you're kidding yourself if you think Mata said that he wants to leave and go Man Utd. I think Mata said he wanted to play regularly, Mourinho said if he isn't a regular starter by January he could go, Mata didn't want to play bench for 10 minutes a game and than Man Utd came in with a bid. Mata wanted to play for a (he thought) top club and get good minutes so he accepted.

Mourinho wanted Mata to be a squad player at best, and I think Mourinho would've wanted to get rid of him in summer window either way, and Mata wanted to play minutes.

The fact that Moyes is clearly totally incapable of putting together a team, getting the team to actually perform is a damn shame for Mata who is no doubt going to be stuck there for a few seasons of total mediocrity until the Man Utd board fire Moyes.

Shame for Mata, was a great servant too us and great guy it seemed.

P.S you're kidding yourself if you think Mata was going to say in his Goodbye letter that he didn't want to leave, he didn't want to go Man United and you're a fool if you think he was going to come out and say he felt like he was forced out of Chelsea etc. He has too much class and not the things you say when you're joining another team.

Mata deserves better anyway. He made the right choice. We won't bench him.

By the way, you just sold us your best player. Thanks. I'd try and care about your feelings on this, but after reading the thread and comments made about my club I don't seem to be able to give a damn.

46380-spiderman-lol-fail-gif-iuwR.gif
Please remove his ban. This forun was a lot funnier with him here

He definitely deserves better. United were abysmal last night. Young and evra were irritating to say the least. I don't think mata was average for them. Infact everythinf good that happened for united had mata all over it. He made the right runs and the coreect decisions but if your team is simply lookinf to put the ball into the box and hoping foe the best, what can mata alone do. 81 crosses from united and onlt 15 were touched by a united player.

Feel real sorry for hin

I wish Justin 3D was still here, i kept saying Moyes would epically flop at a top job and he wasn't having any off it.

Thank fuck Roman knew better, merely thinking off how he would have used Hazard is disturbing.

Hazard would be on the bench because young is a better crosser :D