Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

On 18/05/2016 at 0:54 PM, Fernando said:

Romelu Lukaku’s father predicts striker will leave Everton this summer

Roger Lukaku says Premier League club want £65m to sell star striker 
 Bayern Munich or Manchester United said to be his preferred destination

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/18/romelu-lukaku-father-everton-leave-summer

I doubt mourinho would want to sign him 

34 minutes ago, the wes said:

We will look like mugs if we sign lukaku at £65m after selling him for £28m 

Anyone will look like mugs paying that amount for him. That's the sort of fee you'd expect to pay for one of the world's best players.

Honestly, though, you have to look at it a bit like the Martial fee. Is it crazy to pay so much for him? Yes. But you'll get a super young goal scorer who can play for your club for 10 years.

Can you imagine what Harry Kane would cost? :drunk:

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Anyone will look like mugs paying that amount for him. That's the sort of fee you'd expect to pay for one of the world's best players.

Honestly, though, you have to look at it a bit like the Martial fee. Is it crazy to pay so much for him? Yes. But you'll get a super young goal scorer who can play for your club for 10 years.

From day one I knew lukaku would come good mourinho just didn't give him enough time to show his full potential in Chelsea shirt instead he signed eto'o it has to be one of Chelsea biggest regrets selling him 

1 hour ago, Hybrid Angel said:

Please no. If we're gonna play two up top Lukaku is not the man to partner up with Costa. He has way too many limitations to his game.

Morata is such a better option and better player overall. 

Plus Morata surly would be cheaper

If we sign Lukaku or Higuain, we will sell Costa.

Costa want to return AT.

And I like Lukaku better than Higuain. Higuain is 30 years old soon.

Lukaku will be a future world-class striker. I don't doubt. And He is home-grown.

10 hours ago, Styles said:

We already have too many donkeys in this team. We don't need to bring back another one.

I just find it amusing because a lot of people run to this thread when he scores a brace for Everton or after he destroyed 3/4 of our defense in the League Cup Qtrs. 

Having Costa and Lukaku as someone mentioned before, would be absolute comedy. We need a striker who is technically sound, can create for themselves, and smart in attack when it comes to playing combination plays in and around the box. All qualities Lukaku doesn't embody. 

12 hours ago, Pizy said:

I would pay a 100m for Martial. He is a super talent. Lukaku isn't in the same league talent wise in my opinion.

14 minutes ago, Styles said:

I would pay a 100m for Martial. He is a super talent. Lukaku isn't in the same league talent wise in my opinion.

In terms of pure football technique you're correct, but Lukaku is on pace to be one of the PL's all time goal scorers. He scores no matter where he is.

All I'm saying is that no, he definitely isn't worth this insane price, but I wouldn't mind us giving him another shot. I just don't see how he and Costa coexist.

I just find it amusing because a lot of people run to this thread when he scores a brace for Everton or after he destroyed 3/4 of our defense in the League Cup Qtrs. 

Having Costa and Lukaku as someone mentioned before, would be absolute comedy. We need a striker who is technically sound, can create for themselves, and smart in attack when it comes to playing combination plays in and around the box. All qualities Lukaku doesn't embody. 

Someone like Dybala or Lacazette would be perfect. They are technical strikers who are able to give a team say 15-20 goals a season and would complement Costa very well I guess.

12 minutes ago, johnnythefirst said:

It's funny that as soon as he's back on the Chelsea radar, this whole forum is talking shit about him again. Apparently he's only very good if he's not playing for you. :P

No one is talking shit about him, just stating reasons as to why he's not the type of striker we should be looking at. 

At Everton he scored goals, sure, but imo his overall play hasn't improved  since leaving Chelsea. He still has poor work rate (especially when things aren't going his way), poor first touch/holding up the ball and struggles against teams who sit deep. He hasn't learned the fundamentals and for someone with his size, frame and athletic ability it's a crime. He's nothing more than a poacher, and i'm sorry but he's not worth £60 odd million. 

Just now, johnnythefirst said:

You haven't been watching. Not saying it's superb btw.

Slight exaggeration on my part, i agree his game has improved slightly but thats it. Everton fans complain about his overall game as well, so it's not only the so called bitter Chelsea fans. He's a good player and goalscorer but he's not what we need. We already have a goalscorer with limited ability on the ball, why do we need two? 

Think it also says something that almost all of the Everton fans I've seen online wouldn't be bothered at al to see him go. Many are happy to see it as a matter of fact. When he's on top of his game he's an unplayable monster. When he's off form or not bothered due to a poor attitude he's Giroud-tier.

£30-35m, okay. Not £60m or more.

26 minutes ago, johnnythefirst said:

It's funny that as soon as he's back on the Chelsea radar, this whole forum is talking shit about him again. Apparently he's only very good if he's not playing for you. :P

This is  true though :lol: where are all the people moaning everytime he scored the past season?

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

In terms of pure football technique you're correct, but Lukaku is on pace to be one of the PL's all time goal scorers. He scores no matter where he is.

All I'm saying is that no, he definitely isn't worth this insane price, but I wouldn't mind us giving him another shot. I just don't see how he and Costa coexist.

When Rom was here I said that I did not think any manager of a Champions League quality side would ever be satisfied with him as his starting striker. I felt that while Rom's attributes and intelligence would enable him to make a contribution, such clubs would always be looking for a player with better technique. I still believe that this is true so I don't want him back at any price. Costa and Lukaku as a two pronged spearhead costing a combined £100m makes no sense to me. Indeed, I wouldn't be unhappy if Costa was sold. Pairing him with Lukaku would be yet another stupid mistake.

In terms of Rom's goalscoring rate, I have never subscribed to the theory that the player who scores more goals is the better forward. I look for the man whose personal contribution makes the biggest positive impact on a team. That in my opinion, will never be Rom. I'd prefer pretty much any of the other strikers we are being linked with. Certainly AM, certainly GH and certainly PD but there are others too.

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Think it also says something that almost all of the Everton fans I've seen online wouldn't be bothered at al to see him go. Many are happy to see it as a matter of fact. When he's on top of his game he's an unplayable monster. When he's off form or not bothered due to a poor attitude he's Giroud-tier.

£30-35m, okay. Not £60m or more.

They must have been making the mistake of actually watching Rom play. :)