Romelu Lukaku

Jose M

It's not about the competition for places that makes it harder to score for Chelsea. It's the fact that teams defend with 10 behind the ball when playing against us, and with only one striker up front he can not afford any mistakes. Simple as that. Please try to have more perspective.

I've never understood that argument. Lower teams play like that against all the top teams, yet RVP, Suarez, Aguero,... Don't seem to have any problems scoring tons of goals every year. It's not the other teams, it's either the quality of the strikers or the supply they get. Looking at the chelsea midfield, i'm going for option one.

What bothers me the most is that we in a transition year, but in this transition year we loan out someone who can be our future striker and buy at 32 years old striker.

Since we are building a new squad, shouldnt lukaku be part of that building process?

I've never understood that argument. Lower teams play like that against all the top teams, yet RVP, Suarez, Aguero,... Don't seem to have any problems scoring tons of goals every year. It's not the other teams, it's either the quality of the strikers or the supply they get. Looking at the chelsea midfield, i'm going for option one.

That's right! We don't have the quality available like RVP, Suarez and Agüero. Torres was on par with them on his prime, Eto'o aswell - but for Chelsea they haven't been on that level. So what makes you think Lukaku can reach that potential at the age of 20? It's like deliberately making him fail. Rather give him time in Everton to develope and adapt to English league. It might be frustrating for him, for some fans but in the long run it is probably for the best.

Some players should take note of Kagawa, who instead of sulking or saying stuff to national media, wants to improve and sees the positives in even his situation: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/8950832/premier-league-manchester-uniteds-shinji-kagawa-admits-he-needs-to-improve

That's right! We don't have the quality available like RVP, Suarez and Agüero. Torres was on par with them on his prime, Eto'o aswell - but for Chelsea they haven't been on that level. So what makes you think Lukaku can reach that potential at the age of 20? It's like deliberately making him fail. Rather give him time in Everton to develope and adapt to English league. It might be frustrating for him, for some fans but in the long run it is probably for the best.

Some players should take note of Kagawa, who instead of sulking or saying stuff to national media, wants to improve and sees the positives in even his situation: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/8950832/premier-league-manchester-uniteds-shinji-kagawa-admits-he-needs-to-improve

The whole point is that he's 'adapting' quite well, since he's one of the most productive strikers in the league, while the ones still at the bridge score less goals than the defenders. Twenty is not only his age, it's how many goals he scored in the league in little more than one year. How many more does he have to make before you stop talking about 'potential'?

The whole point is that he's 'adapting' quite well, since he's one of the most productive strikers in the league, while the ones still at the bridge score less goals than the defenders. Twenty is not only his age, it's how many goals he scored in the league in little more than one year. How many more does he has to make before you stop talking about 'potential'?

When he scored 20 for Chelsea, there's a difference.

I've seen the goals. Krul was ridiculous :clown:

On the seconde one, newcastle defenders did everything you can do wrong, not attacking the ball before the rebound, letting the striker runs unmarked with no one running with him to bother him and the goalkeeper was a pussy, he should have come to the ball and if necessary colliding with Lukaku after boxing the ball.

I think all the barcodes defenders got scared shitless by Lukaku.. the way Drogba did it .

What bothers me the most is that we in a transition year, but in this transition year we loan out someone who can be our future striker and buy at 32 years old striker.

Since we are building a new squad, shouldnt lukaku be part of that building process?

I agree. The signing of Eto'o shows there's a lack of long term plans. This year would have been a perfect opportunity to integrate Lukaku in front of Mazacar. Instead we go out and buy another two attacking midfielders and destroy all automatisms.

the striker problem is big here, big in the lines of when we would have signed a top class striker and i'm just popping out names, RvP, Rooney, ibrahimovic and a few more when those guys would put out a mediocre performance for 3 games in a row, even they would be getting alot of criticism here, just like eto'o is getting now.

Imagine the shit storm lukaku would be getting after 3 bad games.

So just to be sure, the loan is a good idea, he started great, let him confirm not his potential but the class he already has and he'll start up front for chelsea next season with alot more credit than he has now, and that's if he's deemed ready <_<

Because to be honest "he hasn't scored 20 for chelsea" is a shit argument, no candidate for that spot up front these days has done that for chelsea.

And one other thing, Drogba made it work, Drogba is unique, if he had a twin brother even that guy wouldn't be doing the same as he did here, when you get a good player for that spot and he's not performing, it doesn't necessairy mean the striker doesn't qualify, it might mean something else is being handled the wrong way.

wake up, the best striker in the world might fail here, it's about trust in the guy, his mentality and the players surrounding him.

Torres hasn't scored 20 goals in the EPL for Chelsea in nearly 3 seasons here, yet people say that Lukaku shouldn't be starting because he hasn't scored 20 in a Blue shirt.

I'd understand if Lukaku was loaned while we had Aguero/RvP or someone in that caliber banging goals in week in week out but we got Torres who can't even reach double digits in 2 full seasons at CFC and took 14 matches to score his first goal. Ba who's an injury away from retirement and hasn't set the world on fire when given chances. Coming out of retirement Eto'o who hasn't played high intensity football since going to Siberia.

We loaned our best striker and to make things worse people have their heads so far up their arse they are not willing to admit we don't have anyone better.

Torres hasn't scored 20 goals in the EPL for Chelsea in nearly 3 seasons here, yet people say that Lukaku shouldn't be starting because he hasn't scored 20 in a Blue shirt.

I'd understand if Lukaku was loaned while we had Aguero/RvP or someone in that caliber banging goals in week in week out but we got Torres who can't even reach double digits in 2 full seasons at CFC and took 14 matches to score his first goal. Ba who's an injury away from retirement and hasn't set the world on fire when given chances. Coming out of retirement Eto'o who hasn't played high intensity football since going to Siberia.

We loaned our best striker and to make things worse people have their heads so far up their arse they are not willing to admit we don't have anyone better.

We got Eto'o because Jose did not trust Ba and Torres, and Lukaku was loaned out because we couldn't move either Torres or Ba.

Had we kept Sturridge and not signed Ba, I reckon Lukaku would be still in the squad because Daniel is more versatile (than Ba). Oh well... too many ifs.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/everton/10356655/Evertons-Romelu-Lukaku-learning-from-the-past-masters.html

Everton's Romelu Lukaku learning from the past masters.

“It’s unfair to criticise Mourinho for letting me go because it was my decision. He knows what he is doing. He has won so many titles and I have too much respect for him to wish anything but the best, but there comes a point where you must think about yourself to show everyone that you can shine and be one of the best strikers in the league.