Mario Götze

1 hour ago, lucio said:

rather we go for draxler, much better stature. I want us to regain a physical edge all over the pitch

Draxler is a smashing player Draxler is both footed he can play on the left or right even the number 10 role very useful player to have in your team

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, the wes said:

Draxler is a smashing player Draxler is both footed he can play on the left or right even the number 10 role very useless player to have in your team

I think you meant to write -useful- :D got me confused a little.

7 hours ago, Beigl said:

On form he could really contribute to a good attacking system, which Conte hopefully wants to implement. He is certainly worth the gamble, considering we have Oscar...

If we continue to play 4-2-3-1 an attacking trio with Hazard, Gotze and Willian would be world class.

Willian and Gotze have 6 league goals combined this season, hardly world class. 

Think people are forgetting just how special he looked at Dortmund. Right up there with Hazard as a sure fire future superstar.

He just made the mistake of moving to a club loaded with world class players in his position. If he comes to the PL or moves back to Dortmund hell once again prove his class.

28 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Think people are forgetting just how special he looked at Dortmund. Right up there with Hazard as a sure fire future superstar.

He just made the mistake of moving to a club loaded with world class players in his position. If he comes to the PL or moves back to Dortmund hell once again prove his class.

I agree 100% with u mate with Muller in the bayern team he's always going to find it hard to get ahead of him he's still only 23 he can still turn out a world class player 

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

It was mainly at Dortmund that I saw him play. I really got into the Bundesliga for a while when KDB was at Bremen. I never felt that I saw special.

That was 3 years ago, physically he's a different player.

He showed no fight whatsover.

Don't like that kind of attitude here.

I just don't want another slow number 10, 4-3-3 with dynamic midfielders is the way to go, imo.

Willian and Gotze have 6 league goals combined this season, hardly world class. 

And when Gotze was still in Dortmund he scored 22 goals and had 32 assists in 83 league games at the age of 21, which is quite good. At Bayern he never reached those heights again, but this was more down to their system and a lack of confidence from Pep. In a team, in which he feels good again he would certainly thrive.

If we stay at 4-2-3-1 I am totally for signing him. I personally don't know if Conte likes this formation, but if so we need a creative number 10 at last, because Oscar is just not good enough to start games on a regular basis.

3 hours ago, Essien19 said:

That was 3 years ago, physically he's a different player.

He showed no fight whatsover.

Don't like that kind of attitude here.

I just don't want another slow number 10, 4-3-3 with dynamic midfielders is the way to go, imo.

That would be my reference as well. If we intend to use a #10 though then Götze should surely be a target.

I'm starting to suspect Oscar will be played deeper. No rumblings at all that the club are thinking of selling him.

Meh, Gotze went to bayern instead of staying at BVB, the career he has now suits him well.

I would not get the man even for half the price. He might have some quality, but his mentality just sucks. Much like James, they are all happy to sit on bench all the time and not fight for their place and just wait until another club buys them where the price paid will literaly force new club to play them.

Looking at current squad that lacks leaders and experience, getting Gotze would be last thing to do.

On 5/13/2016 at 3:24 PM, blues.bridge said:

I Hope that is real 

I think he's stalled. Frankly I'd have Mkhitaryan over him any given day. Hitting his prime, entering the final year of his contract and there are signs that he does not want to renegociate. Price should be more than decent, Dortmund can't hold on to some bullshit amount as they risk to lose him for free in a year. And he is a smashing player coming off a great season, assisting goals left and right and can play a variety of positions.

The thing is that Guardiola introduced so many players in that Bayern team and did all the possible experiments with most of the players, but Gotze never seemed to brake the barrier. Even Rode, Kimmich and Coman played more matches than him. I think he is that type of player that does not care that much if he is playing or not as long as he is living the good life outside football and gets to collect that fat paycheck every month. 

On 5/13/2016 at 6:52 PM, Pizy said:

Kagawa looked just as good (probably better week-after-week), but less people talk about that. Goetze, Mkhitaryan, Kagawa....I don't think any of them do as well in the PL and I would argue that Goetze is the weakest of the three because of his finishing --although TBF, I think Kagawa didn't go  to the right club/manager in the PL.

26 minutes ago, quickpassnmove said:

Kagawa looked just as good (probably better week-after-week), but less people talk about that. Goetze, Mkhitaryan, Kagawa....I don't think any of them do as well in the PL and I would argue that Goetze is the weakest of the three because of his finishing --although TBF, I think Kagawa didn't go the right club/manager in the PL.

Götze, Sahin, Kagawa...they all looked brilliant in a Dortmund team that played to their strengths and had a coach that motivated them to go past their limits week in week out. Once they left for big clubs and big money to sit on the bench their momentum was lost. The latter two returned to BVB with their tails between their legs but due to loss of form and confidence they could never reconnect as well with the team as before nor repeat their former feats. In football, momentum, form, confidence and the right team set up is what elevates above average players to good players. Götze might very well recover some of his form under Klopp in a team that suits his style, but he will never be that player for us. He might be a useful utility man here as he is for Bayern,  but I can not see him playing effectively next to cesc nor imagine him carrying the team as a leader which is what we need most atm. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You