Teams ahead of us

Tomo

The general thoughts around is that we are behind other clubs in terms of the transfer marker but i really don;t agree/

Have any of our rivals really stolen that much of a march over us?

Starting with Liverpool to say they will worry us is quite honestly laughable, just because Dalglish was succesful in the 80's dont mean jack shit now, there team are not good enough, if Arbeloa, Alonso, Mascerano, Gerrard at his peak, Riise and Torres could not deliever the title do you honestly think Johnson, Henderson, Adam, a past it Gerrard, Downing and Carroll will? :fainthv9: Would not matter if Jose is incharge, Liverpool just aint good enough they have conceded 3 goals in alll bar one pre season match, they drew 3-3 to Valerenga reserves (and even their first team is 11th in their league) lost 3-0 to Hull and Galatasaray and let in 3 against Malasia and some other shower aswell. Liverpool if they are extremely lucky and i mean very lucky MIGHT by the skin of their teeth get top 4 but they are not a threat to us or the title what so ever. If Dalglish wasn't incharge with people wanking over his success in the 80's they would not even be getting mentioned.

Tottenham have only signed Freidel, they have not got enough good players and their stricking options are a joke, again no way will they be near us in a 38 game season.

Arsenal have only brought in Gervinho and a rookie LB, Gervinho looks suspiciously like another Arshavin to me, will have one incredible game then go missing for the next 2 months. Again over 38 games i don't think they are strong enough to keep up with us.

Man.City have signed Clichy, while a good player is no where near as good as our left back and Aguero while a great signing is more than likely to be a like for like replacement for Tevez and Tevez suits Mancini teams a lot better, as it stand under Mancini's negative tactics i think they will draw too many games for the title and also if Tevez goes i don't think there stronger at-all.

Again i can't agree that United have strenghted and improved (not in the short term anyway), Scholes, VDS, Neville, Brown, O Shea and Hargreavs have all left, very usefull and expierenced players and 2 young players have came in Jones and De Gea (the latter looking VERY shaky so far) and Young who has no expierence with CL football, 4 or so injuries to top players and United's squad will start to look very thin, remember what happened to us when we tried a similar squad cutting exercise last season?

So in short i do not think any-one of the top english teams have really stolen a march for this season, long term Andre and Fergie have made some very clever young signings but we or United fans cannot expect world beating performances straight away.

No team has stolen a march in the transfer market over others just yet could all change tho but at the moment i just think its all about even.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's between us and United this year again.

Arsenal are shit, with Fabregas and Nasti possibly leaving, they are not threat to us.

As for City, they bought two defenders and Aguero. They are having a problem with Tevez leaving or not. It would be better for them that Tevez leaves.

My attitude over the whole summer so far regarding transfers with Chelsea is 'Ah sure it will be grand' theres nothing we can do, the squad we have is still quality especially when compared to others. All the hype over City is ridiculous, they proved today they are expensive misfits. I still think that its going to be between us and United again this year. If we make one or two more signings then cool but at the moment its grand, all those fans on twitter getting their knickers in a twist over nothing.

Meh, I'm not too disappointed with this transfer window.

It was better than last summer's, and it's clear Villas-Boas has been well informed of targets coming in and leaving. It's certainly been better than last summer's window. We've signed future prospects, not finished goods. Courtois, Romeu & Lukaku will be good additions when they're integrated into the squad. I have a feeling we're not done yet, but that remains to be seen.

Ourselves, United & City will all be challenging for the title, this I don't doubt. We ridicule City, but they are a genuine threat. That being said, I don't see them going all the way with it.

As regards transfers we are finally getting it right despite the impatience of some on here. Yeah the rule of thumb is to get players in for pre season but AVB is making sure we get quality & players with years on their side.

Utd are the benchmark unfortunately & if they add Sniejder then it's going to be tough for us to claim our title back but I still believe that we will be in the top 2.

City will get stronger as the season goes on but have to agree with Tomo in that their negative manager maybe their undoing.

Arsenal need to spend just to keep them In the top 4 but I do admire the way they play football.

Liverpool have spent a few quid, this doesn't guarantee success but I would be surprised if they don't challenge for a top 4 place.

In direct contrast to Liverpool I don't see Spurs challenging this season especially if we nick Modric off them!

I agree in saying in be us,Man U and City for the title.Both teams look pretty damn good based on todays performance,City defence wise a bit crappy but if they get those sorted,be daft to over look them and all.

We have a good shot,brought in players,havent lost to many and not replaced them sorta thing.Where we'll struggle no doubt be when we loose players in January for the ACON but hopfully Villas-Boas will look ahead to that time sorta thing.

But seasons so long and un predicatable anything can happen.As shown last year anyone can beat anyone not so much a case of 'thats teams 17th they'll loose for sure' just hopfully we can prove the doubters wrong and all.I dont know why there is so much doubt tbh.We had a damn good pre season,conceded what one goal...and then suddenly from places its doom and gloom.

With regards to Liverpool, they WILL be a threat next season.

im sorry but i just cannot honestly see how.

From Alonso, Mascerano and Torres to Henderson, Adam and Carroll in less than 2 years, if that should not go under the dictonary under decline i dont know what should/

I'd be more respectful towards our opponents. Keep in mind City isn't done with signings yet according to the reports anyway. We've got Essien out, Mikel slight niggle, Luiz small knee problem. We lack creativity, depend on 2-3 players, no wide players. ACON coming up as well. Too many IFs and BUTs, I think it's a four horse race. Let's be honest, if Arsenal didn't lose some of the games near the season end so stupidly, they'd be ahead of us. City finished level on points with us. LIverpool at one point was only 4 or so points behind us. I believe that Liverpool won't challange for the title but Arsenal, City and Utd all will along with Chelsea of course.

im sorry but i just cannot honestly see how.

From Alonso, Mascerano and Torres to Henderson, Adam and Carroll in less than 2 years, if that should not go under the dictonary under decline i dont know what should/

He's right though.

They will be a threat..

.. For Europa League places

:Goober:

I'd be more respectful towards our opponents. Keep in mind City isn't done with signings yet according to the reports anyway. We've got Essien out, Mikel slight niggle, Luiz small knee problem. We lack creativity, depend on 2-3 players, no wide players. ACON coming up as well. Too many IFs and BUTs, I think it's a four horse race. Let's be honest, if Arsenal didn't lose some of the games near the season end so stupidly, they'd be ahead of us. City finished level on points with us. LIverpool at one point was only 4 or so points behind us. I believe that Liverpool won't challange for the title but Arsenal, City and Utd all will along with Chelsea of course.

This aint about being respectful more realistic, all ive heard all summer is how all our rivals (especially United) have stolen a march on us in terms off squad strenthening which just simply is not true, United have cut their squad drastically and it remains to be seen whether it will come back to bite them a few injuries and it just well might.

City as ive said if Tevez goes then they are weaker despite Aguero coming in, they have signed a LB which aint even as good as the one us and United have.

If you look at this transfer window for long term its advantage Andre and Fergie but short term no-one has really done better than another IMO.

This aint about being respectful more realistic, all ive heard all summer is how all our rivals (especially United) have stolen a march on us in terms off squad strenthening which just simply is not true, United have cut their squad drastically and it remains to be seen whether it will come back to bite them a few injuries and it just well might.

City as ive said if Tevez goes then they are weaker despite Aguero coming in, they have signed a LB which aint even as good as the one us and United have.

If you look at this transfer window for long term its advantage Andre and Fergie but short term no-one has really done better than another IMO.

Again, IF Tevez leaves. Mancini said they'll get 2 more players. Nasri, Sneijder? They'll be the strongest team in the league on paper if that happens. On United point, I agree with you, didn't realise that they really have cut down the squad and in my eyes they've lost one of their biggest weapons - Van Der Sar.. how many times has he just saved a shot that seemed in? You'll need more than your fingers to count those.