Teams ahead of us

Tomo

its us, manuer and citeh for the title but i wouldnt like to bet in what order. I think a lot of people take those scummy bastards manuer for granted sometimes. Ol red face doesnt make too many mistakes and i reckon he will have another good unit this year. As for citeh i personaly dont rate mancini that highly as a manager but they have arguably the best squad out there at the minute and i fully expect them to be in the top 3. We have one of the top young managers in europe at the minute and he has us looking more of an attackins unit and im sure he has at least a plan b in his locker.(sorry carlo but you never did) I hope we can do it this year but i still think we are 1 or 2 signings away from the other two mentioned.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Todays community shield match revealed more about our rivals...

I think Cech was right about De Gea stepping into Van der saar's boots...if today's charity match versus city was any indication, then United might have a tough time this season

Mancini's side blew it despite being 2-0 up... but of course with Tevez and Aguero both being on the bench, judging them now wouldn't seem right...If Tevez leaves they basically have the same squad as last season...

Liverpool will not be a threat nor will Arsenal. There's 3 teams in this. Us and 2 teams from Manchester. The 2 Manc sides are probably in better shape but we wont be push overs.

We have a great defence and a great set of forwards. If we had a winger and a creative young midfielder, we'd have the best squad in europe let alone the premiership.

im sorry but i just cannot honestly see how.

From Alonso, Mascerano and Torres to Henderson, Adam and Carroll in less than 2 years, if that should not go under the dictonary under decline i dont know what should/

They've showed at the end of last season what they're capable of. I wouldn't write them off just yet.

They conceded 15 goals in 5 pre season matches plus the fact that in a league full of international players, a british based team will get completely outclassed, especially when their brits are average footballers.

Liverpool will not be a threat nor will Arsenal. There's 3 teams in this. Us and 2 teams from Manchester. The 2 Manc sides are probably in better shape but we wont be push overs.

We have a great defence and a great set of forwards. If we had a winger and a creative young midfielder, we'd have the best squad in europe let alone the premiership.

Better than Barcelona's squad? No way, my friend.

ok 2nd maybe but we'd have one hell of a squad if we just strengthened those 2 positions. Dunno why it's been so hard especially as we've known for ages what kind of player we need. We do have better strikers and defenders than barcelona tho imo but they have the midfielders that can get out of tight situations and thread a ball through through the tightest gap in any situation.

Barcelona = Xavi and Messi. Without those 2, maybe Iniesta too, they aint the same. There's not much of a gap between being average and being exceptional.

They've showed at the end of last season what they're capable of. I wouldn't write them off just yet.

Every season the hit form when there out of the title race and the pressure's off (hench there outrageous hype every summer) and this season will be no different to the rest, by christmas the scousers will be begging for Roy's return :Goober:

ok 2nd maybe but we'd have one hell of a squad if we just strengthened those 2 positions. Dunno why it's been so hard especially as we've known for ages what kind of player we need. We do have better strikers and defenders than barcelona tho imo but they have the midfielders that can get out of tight situations and thread a ball through through the tightest gap in any situation.

Barcelona = Xavi and Messi. Without those 2, maybe Iniesta too, they aint the same. There's not much of a gap between being average and being exceptional.

Honestly mate, i do agree with you on being 2nd or 3rd best, but even without these guys Barca are still amazing. I have been watching there B team and they play the same good football. You cannot replace Messi, but i think in the Barca youth and B team they have definitely got the next Xavi's and Iniesta's, not to mention Thiago Alcantara who is going to be a big star in the future.

I think Cech was right about De Gea stepping into Van der saar's boots...if today's charity match versus city was any indication, then United might have a tough time this season

Lol wut?

That was his only mistake, with a ball hit very hard. Other than that, he was quite solid imo.

Lol wut?

That was his only mistake, with a ball hit very hard. Other than that, he was quite solid imo.

He should not have hesitated coming out for the first goal, both goals would have been avoided with VDS between the sticks.

His price tag, young age, not speaking english, no spanish players and the fact he is playing at Old Trafford and many keepers failed because of the pressure there means a dodgy start by him is alomost inevitable.

He should not have hesitated coming out for the first goal, both goals would have been avoided with VDS between the sticks.

His price tag, young age, not speaking english, no spanish players and the fact he is playing at Old Trafford and many keepers failed because of the pressure there means a dodgy start by him is alomost inevitable.

This. He was at fault for both goals tbh.

This. He was at fault for both goals tbh.

That ball from Silva for the first goal was dropped in an area of uncertainty between defenders and keepers. It's not one you can really blame on him, and it's not an error of judgement Rio was more at fault for not jumping with Lescott.

He's a fantastic goal keeper, his distributions and reactions are sublime. I think he's going to be a top keeper for them this season, but I've been tracking him since he made his Athletico rise to fame 2 seasons ago.

That ball from Silva for the first goal was dropped in an area of uncertainty between defenders and keepers. It's not one you can really blame on him, and it's not an error of judgement Rio was more at fault for not jumping with Lescott.

He's a fantastic goal keeper, his distributions and reactions are sublime. I think he's going to be a top keeper for them this season, but I've been tracking him since he made his Athletico rise to fame 2 seasons ago.

no doubt he is class but he still has to adapt to a new culture with the expectations of the price tag on his shoulders, last season United mainly one it due to VDS being sublime time after time, could De Gea be as good in his first season? im not so sure.

I completely agree with you! The way people are talking about us... it's as if the two Manchester clubs are miles ahead and they are not. Man City were horrible yesterday. Even when they were 2-0 up, both goals were against the run of play. Not to mention their defence is UTTER SHITE. Lescott, Richards & Kolarov... you gotta be kidding me. Kompany and De Jong saved their asses last season. If one or both of them gets crocked then what'll happen? All that money and he didn't buy a single world-class defender. He still has 3 weeks to sort that shit out. Balotelli is a nutcase, Dzeko so far hasn't blended in with the team at all. They've got Silva who is superb and Aguero is a great signing but I still don't think they're going to win the title. They'll probably be up there, but don't think they can go all the way

Thats what so annoying in this trasnfer window... we need just two good signings, winger+midfielder, and we are not weaker than any team in the world.

I dont know about THE best squad, because you have Barca and Real.

No offence but this is a very optimistic thread.

You didn't analyse the Chelsea squad... which is many of them is REALLY REALLY ageing.

A.Cole, Malouda, Lampard, Anelka and Lampard are the obvious ones.

No players will improve year after year especially when they are already in their 30s