Teams ahead of us

Tomo

No offence but this is a very optimistic thread.

You didn't analyse the Chelsea squad... which is many of them is REALLY REALLY ageing.

A.Cole, Malouda, Lampard, Anelka and Lampard are the obvious ones.

No players will improve year after year especially when they are already in their 30s

Yes, I know what you mean... but we will definitely improve this season (cause next season a lot of them are going to leave and hence we will get replacements) if: 1) AVB can get Torres going again consistently, 2) We sign Modric and/or let McEachren play more instead of Lampard, 3) AVB gives Sturridge more chances and not just play Malouda and Anelka every single game despite the form like what Carlo was doing last season

And I think AVB has the ability to motivate the players in a way that Carlo never did.

I don't know... I'm just optimistic after seeing how AVB has been handling the football side of things since he took over :)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see..

Man Utd

Man City

Barcelona

Madrid

Bayern Munich

AC Milan

are all better..

Do you actually think we're going to become the best team in the world with players like Anelka, Kalou, Malouda and Lampard still playing regularly for us? NO.

Let's see..

Man Utd

Man City

Barcelona

Madrid

Bayern Munich

AC Milan

are all better..

Do you actually think we're going to become the best team in the world with players like Anelka, Kalou, Malouda and Lampard still playing regularly for us? NO.

Milan and Bayern are definitely not better than Chelsea!

City are a weaker side without Tevez. A Manchester City team with Carlos Tevez up front scares me, a Manchester City team with Sergio Aguero up front makes me think Ivanovic is going to have himself some fun.

It is most definitely between us and United. United have strengthened, though not to the extent some people think. They already had a fairly strong squad, though. Young will be found out to be an average player; Nani, Park and Antonio Valencia both offer much more than he does in my honest opinion, and Phil Jones will be no threat - he's another overrated English talent. If anything, United will be weakened by de Gea. The kid is a superb goalkeeper but he is error-prone and will have to learn the ways of the Premier League quickly. Put it this way - he is no Edwin van der Sar!

If anything, United and City have regressed by losing key and influential players (let us not forget that even though they were spent forces, Vieira for City and Scholes and Neville were natural winners, and brought maturity and experience to the table. They will be missed). We have arguably only improved by bringing in Lukaku and Oriol, and with us seemingly having a firing Torres, and a fit Benayoun and Bosingwa, it's as if we've made plenty of new signings anyway...

I'm more optimistic than most!

City are a weaker side without Tevez. A Manchester City team with Carlos Tevez up front scares me, a Manchester City team with Sergio Aguero up front makes me think Ivanovic is going to have himself some fun.

It is most definitely between us and United. United have strengthened, though not to the extent some people think. They already had a fairly strong squad, though. Young will be found out to be an average player; Nani, Park and Antonio Valencia both offer much more than he does in my honest opinion, and Phil Jones will be no threat - he's another overrated English talent. If anything, United will be weakened by de Gea. The kid is a superb goalkeeper but he is error-prone and will have to learn the ways of the Premier League quickly. Put it this way - he is no Edwin van der Sar!

If anything, United and City have regressed by losing key and influential players (let us not forget that even though they were spent forces, Vieira for City and Scholes and Neville were natural winners, and brought maturity and experience to the table. They will be missed). We have arguably only improved by bringing in Lukaku and Oriol, and with us seemingly having a firing Torres, and a fit Benayoun and Bosingwa, it's as if we've made plenty of new signings anyway...

Based on what?

Did you not see his performance against Rangers? After Sturridge he was by far our best player, he no longer looks like a rabbit caught in headlights, and he isn't afraid to shoot. He was playing well as a creator as well and set up Kalou on a number of occasions and linked up well with Lampard, the two seem to have an understanding now.

United are still the best team in England.

And unfortunately that is a very sad statement when you compare United to Real and Barcelona.

i totatly agree with u , it will be between us and united, but i'm more concerned about how we will play i hope good football

I think right now we are the second best team in England, which is pretty obvious as we have finished second last season. Man united really impressed me yesterday, despite conceding two goals they came back in fashion, and the second goal was class. Man city had spells in which they was good but overall Mancini makes them too defensive which i don't like, but i do think they will be right up there this season. Outside the Premiership i can only think of two teams that are actually better than us, and i think that is Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Yeah many here don't give Utd the credit they deserve. They started the 10/11 season horribly but they got better and better. They may not have the names in their side that will make you shiffer but football is still about the collective and Utd have a very strong collective.

And City have more quality than us but Mancini's their coach so that's very good news for us.

I think United again have done some shrewd buisness. Since they already have a very good squad post-Scholes/VdS/Neville and soon Giggs they just needed to adjust. It will be between us and them, both losing points to City and Arsenal. Liverpool still not there..

Actually it's a relief that we're not considered the favourites anymore... takes some pressure off ;) It's always the hardest to defend the title and cope with expectations. With a new boss and new managing staff, we will have the element of surprise, hopefully he's more of a tinkerman than Ancelotti was (I have mad respect for Carlo, but in just 2 years he was getting too predictable). And it's only a plus that Di Matteo is his assistant, as he already has premier league experience under his belt, as does Holland... and of course AVB himself, when he was working for Mourinho back in the days. Remember, Villas-Boas used to be our opposition scout, he's no stranger to EPL and some of the teams.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/crucial-role-of-boy-scout-who-is-mourinhos-eyes-and-ears-552798.html

"My work enables Jose to know exactly when a player from the opposition team is likely to be at his best or his weakest. I will travel to training grounds, often incognito, and then look at our opponents' mental and physical state before drawing my conclusions and presenting a full dossier to Jose."

Mourinho got all the praise, but in reality it was Team Mourinho, including Villas-Boas, who were so successful... and I believe he was the main man who complemented his team. I'm trying not to get too excited, but I can't help myself :D