Chelsea 2-1 West Brom

BlueLion.

Can we just take the batteries out for two minutes.

Yes it was not the best performance but 3 fucking points, aint winning while playing shit suppose to be a true sign of champions? plus how many teams have started slow but gone on to win the league, id rather we pick up momentum then start steaming then run out of steam. Plus we hopefully have new players in, Josh, Romeu and Lukaku to start playing more and Mata hopefull (touch wood) and more coming in. Not to mention Danny's return from suspension.

Last season we played some awfull football, that cannot change overnight, in 09/10 we played some of the best football the league has ever seen but we didn't go from that to awfull over the summer, we started 10/11 the same way with back to back 6-0's playing great football turned out we were just on a title rebound, but we still playe good football in September but after the Villa Park game the football gradually went down in standard then we saw the dross football from December on.

So like last season Andre will have to gradually improve the standard of football as it won't just happen overnight.

:goodpost: We only just beat Hull 2-1 in Ancelotti's first game and look what happened that season

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that there's a universe of difference in both club's ambition and pressure to succeed. However my point is that with the quality of players we have, simple and accurate 5 yard passes vertically to Torres/forward 3 to create chances, play at higher tempo shouldn't be a difficult task. These are professionals that have played in top flight football for years we are talking about and not some amateurs from Sunday league. No?

The lifeless, boring and amateurish football we played for most of last season and this season so far is simply unacceptable. Think about it how will modric and mata improve us significantly if we continue to play lethargically with no meaningful movement from midfielders and front men to create spaces to receive a pass which is the most important aspect of attacking football. Our players just don't understand the concept of attacking football and unless that negative football attitude is flogged out of their system, modric and Mata wouldn't make much difference.

Agreed.

I think the players in our midfield over-complicate their tasks at hand. They're more than capable of making a simple pass to their team-mates, yet they think instead of doing that we'd rather see them go off on their own run and lose out. We can only hope Villas-Boas will teach them the basics again, lord knows they need it.

Enough of passing backwards too! We got so much of that shit last night, it was so annoying to watch, especially when we saw Torres crying out for a pass!

Agreed.

I think the players in our midfield over-complicate their tasks at hand. They're more than capable of making a simple pass to their team-mates, yet they think instead of doing that we'd rather see them go off on their own run and lose out. We can only hope Villas-Boas will teach them the basics again, lord knows they need it.

Enough of passing backwards too! We got so much of that shit last night, it was so annoying to watch, especially when we saw Torres crying out for a pass!

you are absolutely spot on.

Modric isn't going to stop Alex, Mikel, lampard and ramires from passing the ball backward is he. Neither will mata make the team improve their overall decision making i.e releasing the fcuking ball on time and to areas of the pitch that would threaten the opposition and don't run or shoot when you are meant to pass and vice versa. our players just don't get it and that has nothing to do with lack of creative players. like I said, we have to change the way we play first before progress can be made.

you are absolutely spot on.

Modric isn't going to stop Alex, Mikel, lampard and ramires from passing the ball backward is he. Neither will mata make the team improve their overall decision making i.e releasing the fcuking ball on time and to areas of the pitch that would threaten the opposition and don't run or shoot when you are meant to pass and vice versa. our players just don't get it and that has nothing to do with lack of creative players. like I said, we have to change the way we play first before progress can be made.

Yep, for sure.

Let's hope Villas-Boas has evaluated all this in his first 2 PL games and will know the right direction the squad tactics should take.

In as much as I hate to say it, the problem in our team is Lampard and Alex. The qualities of Lampard are far from allowing him play the 1-2 footbal. he always wants to take more than 3 touches. He is the one to make those vertical passes, but instead, he looks back to pass the ball to Mikel, who in turn looks for a diagonal pass. the winger we have is nowhere near controlling that diagonal pass from Mikel. IMO, if you replace our midfield with the Swansea one, you will have a very good team. and offcourse replace Alex and Kalou with Iva and Sturridge respectively.

In as much as I hate to say it, the problem in our team is Lampard and Alex. The qualities of Lampard are far from allowing him play the 1-2 footbal. he always wants to take more than 3 touches. He is the one to make those vertical passes, but instead, he looks back to pass the ball to Mikel, who in turn looks for a diagonal pass. the winger we have is nowhere near controlling that diagonal pass from Mikel. IMO, if you replace our midfield with the Swansea one, you will have a very good team. and offcourse replace Alex and Kalou with Iva and Sturridge respectively.

AVB won't drop Lampard any time soon so we are in for more shambolic displays. I have kept my expectation extremely low so as to avoid the disappointment and heartache of last season.. . I suggest we all do the same.

Alex? Why, because he committed 1 error yesterday?

AVB won't drop Lampard any time soon so we are in for more shambolic displays. I have kept my expectation extremely low so as to avoid the disappointment and heartache of last season.. . I suggest we all do the same.

We dont know that hes already ropped Drogba.

Alex? Why, because he committed 1 error yesterday?

No, Alex has always been slow. never looking to take the initiative of bringing the ball forward. Its either pass to JT or Cech. hence putting more pressure on our defence. Just rewatch all the games he has played.

Last season we started well and played shite..this season okay its two games in but both been hard to watch.We've started crap so hopfully it'll get better...and besides Man U seem to start their seasons shite and go on to win the league :D we got the points thats what matters...this week hopfully the rest can be delt with

Spot on. You look at a player like David Silva who plays precise one-two touch football and he is creating play for City. Lampard doesn't care about that. He just wants to run into the box and get on the end of something. He is supposed to be the playmaker but is playing like a forward in midfield.