Chelsea 2-1 West Brom

BlueLion.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK the dust has settled on this and maybe you will allow a Baggies fan's perspective.

Corresponding fixture last year we didn't play too badly but got hammered 6 - 0 with Chelsea hardly needing to get out of second gear such was the gulf in class. Chelsea were (IMO) the best team to visit The Hawthorns last season and you gave us another footballing lesson...so our expectations for this game were not high. Maybe there was an element of 'just needing to turn up' among your players, who knows but you were certainly second best for most of the first half - if Long's pass had reached Tchoyi then he may well have found the net (or equally possible may well have fallen over the ball lol) for 2 - 0, then things might have been interesting. Second half was a different affair and once Chelsea realised our weakness along our left it was just a matter of time before things turned around. Disappointed to have come away with nothing but Chelsea (just) did enough to win and 1 -2 is certainly better than 0 - 6 and might just show how we've made progress over 12 months. One thing though after a match that was largely played in good spirit I though Terry's grabbing of Odemwingie's shirt near the end (for what?) completely unnecessary.

Good luck for the rest of the season (apart from the one fixture, obviously) and please make sure you stuff the Villa in both games.

OK the dust has settled on this and maybe you will allow a Baggies fan's perspective.

Corresponding fixture last year we didn't play too badly but got hammered 6 - 0 with Chelsea hardly needing to get out of second gear such was the gulf in class. Chelsea were (IMO) the best team to visit The Hawthorns last season and you gave us another footballing lesson...so our expectations for this game were not high. Maybe there was an element of 'just needing to turn up' among your players, who knows but you were certainly second best for most of the first half - if Long's pass had reached Tchoyi then he may well have found the net (or equally possible may well have fallen over the ball lol) for 2 - 0, then things might have been interesting. Second half was a different affair and once Chelsea realised our weakness along our left it was just a matter of time before things turned around. Disappointed to have come away with nothing but Chelsea (just) did enough to win and 1 -2 is certainly better than 0 - 6 and might just show how we've made progress over 12 months. One thing though after a match that was largely played in good spirit I though Terry's grabbing of Odemwingie's shirt near the end (for what?) completely unnecessary.

Good luck for the rest of the season (apart from the one fixture, obviously) and please make sure you stuff the Villa in both games.

I think your views are fair and realistic ,,The first half we were dire and you deserved your lead . I was impressed with the fairness of your

play ,,unlike Stoke last week . I think you can feel confident about the rest of the season having got 2 of your toughest fixtures out of the way

I think your views are fair and realistic ,,The first half we were dire and you deserved your lead . I was impressed with the fairness of your

play ,,unlike Stoke last week . I think you can feel confident about the rest of the season having got 2 of your toughest fixtures out of the way

And nearly getting the result from them as well.We were very lucky Saturday really

Was at the game Saturday and I have to say I was disappointed to see Kalou start, but over the moon when he took him off after 27mins! Shows AVB won't bottle big decisions ... hopefully. Ramires and Bosingwa impressed me and Lamps still looked up to the pace, but now is the time to drop him sometimes. Kalou is just simply awful. How he gets into our starting line up I have no idea but now Mata has arrived, it'd be nice to see us play this team once he's settled in and providing Modric arrives too.

Cech

Bosingwa Terry Luiz Cole

Mikel

Ramires Modric

Sturridge Mata

Torres

goalkeeper: hilario

defense: bosingwa - terry - alex (ivanovic 66min.) - cole

midfield: ramires - lampard - mikel

attack: anelka - torres (drogba 59min.) - kalou (malouda 34min.)

special, the first win for the ex fc porto dragon´s manager andre villas boas.. and who scored.. my france africans nicolas anelka&florent malouda!!

congratulations, but i am again not happy about the way we played.. we forgot that west bromwich albion is a premier league club!!

we must dominate from the 1st minute.. we must play offensive attractive technique football.. we must be the killaz!!

goalkeeper: hilario

defense: bosingwa - terry - alex (ivanovic 66min.) - cole

midfield: ramires - lampard - mikel

attack: anelka - torres (drogba 59min.) - kalou (malouda 34min.)

the first win for the ex fc porto dragon´s manager andre villas boas.. and who scored.. my france africans nicolas anelka & florent malouda!!

congratulations, but i am again not happy about the way we played.. we forgot that west bromwich albion is a premier league club!!

we must dominate from the 1st minute.. we must play offensive attractive technique football.. we must be the killaz!!

Lol for once i understand and agree with you :P