Stoke 0-0 Chelsea

BlueLion.

It's all good to say Josh McEachran should start but its wayyyyyyy to early to put Lamps out to greener pastures - Lampard starts - he is still the master, Josh the apprentice - this is most likely his break out season though and we are all eager to see Josh feature in games, but I'd say towards mid season when multi-cup fixtures will get the fringe players out from the bench to play important roles and give them the chance to secure their first team spots.

Likewise comments about Kalou, Malouda and Anelka - honestly -has anyone actually played football who disses these guys? All three are guns, Kalou has scored vital goals at important times (Tottenham to mention one) - how easy do we forget?

Anelka shit? Anyone who says that has a feeble undertstanding of the game. If you want to see shit players go watch an A-Leauge game, then you will know exactly what shit looks like! I think you guys take the talent we have for granted.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really think Torres will sit this one out as a precaution. I also think Ramires would get overrun in that midfield. Lampard's runs into the box and Malouda's mindset that he's really Pele will leave Ramires all alone.

There is actually no other option. he is the only one that an play in that position.

Well Lamps could play there but it would be as a "stand in" - you don't want to limit Lamps to a holding role unless you really need to but Ramires is fine - he runs like a hound going after everything - plenty of fuel in the tank, he will run all day.

I like the Malouda comment. What's wrong with being Pele?

Anyways - this is my tip but I reckon the diamond 4 will play tighter in the mid allowing the right/left full back room to attack. I'd be suprise if we sit back, I'm hoping Malouda plays like Pele. I think we are switcing to a more attacking philosophy, and whilst we have paid lip service to it in the past I think this time its the real deal. too many draws last season cost us, its time to say we can cop 3 goals because we will score 4.

It's all good to say Josh McEachran should start but its wayyyyyyy to early to put Lamps out to greener pastures - Lampard starts - he is still the master, Josh the apprentice - this is most likely his break out season though and we are all eager to see Josh feature in games, but I'd say towards mid season when multi-cup fixtures will get the fringe players out from the bench to play important roles and give them the chance to secure their first team spots.

Likewise comments about Kalou, Malouda and Anelka - honestly -has anyone actually played football who disses these guys? All three are guns, Kalou has scored vital goals at important times (Tottenham to mention one) - how easy do we forget?

Anelka shit? Anyone who says that has a feeble undertstanding of the game. If you want to see shit players go watch an A-Leauge game, then you will know exactly what shit looks like! I think you guys take the talent we have for granted.

Anelka and Malouda get so much hate lol, to think that they were our 2 top scorers last season.

As for Kalou, no comment :P

People are grossly over-estimating Stoke on this board. . .I suspect Andy Gray's comment is partly responsible for this. Yes they have physically dominant players and can be difficult to beat at home but so are teams like Man utd, man city, Everton , Liverpool,Blackburn, spurs and Fulham . . . .so I don't get what the fuss is about.

People are grossly over-estimating Stoke on this board. . .I suspect Andy Gray's comment is partly responsible for this. Yes they have physically dominant players and can be difficult to beat at home but so are teams like Man utd, man city, Everton , Liverpool,Blackburn, spurs and Fulham . . . .so I don't get what the fuss is about.

Almost contradicting yourself there. People are concerned because it's the first game of the season and it's against a team who could have easily beaten us last season.