Stoke 0-0 Chelsea

BlueLion.

ahh can't wait for sunday :eyebrows: my pred. chelsea 3 stoke 0 :yes:

I wish I shared your confidence/underestimations of Stoke.

Draw.

There's little chance of the game being called off, but I can see us losing with the players we have injured.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not go against conventional wisdom of fighting the physicality of Stoke with more brute strength? I'd rather pace, movement and creativity to counter their physical play. Why not play Yossi, Josh and Torres and work Stoke to death chasing the ball?

At the Bridge i would say yes but its a bit risky to do it up there, how many times have Arsenal tried that game at The Brit and came back red faced?

Agree, like Cech said no one knows what it will be.

Agree, like Cech said no one knows what it will be.

Makes a change from Carlo, as any-one knows i was as much behind Carlo as any Chelsea fan but his habit of naming the team 2 days before the game had me screaming at the tele.

Everyones putting down a win, hope it is! I still don't think the game will go ahead though...

I think it will. Things seemed to have calmed down now. And I don't think Stoke's up in arms right now either..

I'm not a believer of addressing physicality with physicality. If that was the case then teams like Blackburn would have a good/decent record against them instead it's the less physical but highly skillful sides, notably Man Utd and Spurs that have enjoyed great and consistent success against Stoke in recent years. even Manchester city's beastly squad have only managed a victory ONCE in their last 4 premiership encounter.

There's little chance of the game being called off, but I can see us losing with the players we have injured.

No-one has beaten us on the opening day of a season since Coventry City back in 1998! Hoping we can maintain that record! It only happens once every year!

I remember that, Cov beat us on 2 opening days in a row, bastards. Still we never beat them there did we? Remember the game where we drew 2-2 and Flo scored both times about a minute after they scored. Good times! We usually do very well on the opening day but we usually get a nice sunny home game to start against relative wank. Stoke away is slightly different but a good test.

So pumped for this one. It's not going to be an easy match, Stoke is always a tough home team. Hopefully Torres is ready to play, or will he miss the match due to concussion?

Stoke have a very tough set of centrebacks! Our old boy Huth, Shawcross, Woodgate, and now Upson! They'll be no pushovers this weekend, especially when they're at home!

By the way Jusek... I must ask off topic, are those pictures of Lukaku in your avatar real pictures of him?!

lineup-21.jpg

Slight graphic enhancement from my last effort. This is what happens when your waiting for the season to start.

He hasn't used Drogba & Torres much at all together in pre season so i'd be surprised if he does on Sunday. Hope he does tho because i genuinely believe playing them together would be best against them.

I picked the team on instinct and obviously availability. Anelka and Drogba worked really well last season that's for sure but I think the Gaffer will go withTorres to start getting him into the zone as early as possible and constant games will do that. Sturridge would have been there on form, but he's out. Drogba is a given - he needs to play to keep fit. Yossi I think is a great player and provides that creative spark, I hope he gets given more time behind the strikers. Ramires is good as a link man, but could also be relased to roam at the edge of the box. This is not so much my "dream" line up, its more in tune with what I think will be the starting XI.