• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cech

Ivanovic - Terry - Alex - Cole

Lampard - Ramires - Benayoun

Anelka - Drogba - Malouda

Would have Sturridge in that line-up as well but he is banned. 50:50 over Drogba and Torres. Perhaps Mikel over Ramires because are playing with Stoke.

Should play Drogba against a team like stoke imo but Torres has looked something close to his best in the last 2 games and their defence isn't the quickest. Upson has a bit of pace but not the physicality to overpower Drogba or Torres for that matter. Alex should partner Terry and Mikel must play. Fire with fire. Think i'd play Yossi over Josh but it a tough call.

Their midfield isn't hugely physical, but their defence is pretty solid as is Kenwyne Jones. I reckon we'll win there but a draw wont be a disaster.

He hasn't used Drogba & Torres much at all together in pre season so i'd be surprised if he does on Sunday. Hope he does tho because i genuinely believe playing them together would be best against them.

Why not go against conventional wisdom of fighting the physicality of Stoke with more brute strength? I'd rather pace, movement and creativity to counter their physical play. Why not play Yossi, Josh and Torres and work Stoke to death chasing the ball?