Stoke 0-0 Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you get that from the presser? Any more team news re Alex, Ivan and Mikel? Thanks in advance :yes:

Yeah mate, Luiz should be out for one more week. AVB didn't mention any of Alex, Ivan or Mikel, so I would assume they are fit and will travel. He said he will assess them again tomorrow and decide on a starting 11. Torres couldn't remember the moments before/after the Spain game, but he is back training and is fit to travel.

Interesting that when someone asked about central forwards (Torres/Drogba), AVB also mentioned Anelka as a contender for central forward. He also said that if the Lukaku deal were to go through (matter of hours/days in his words), he would have no problem in including him in the match day squad for Stoke.

No that's not true bar blackburn and fulham, there's stats to support my claim

how teams have fared against us in the last 10 prem encounters

Stoke city-5 pts in 10 games. We have won 5 of the last 6 encounters and they last beat Chelsea in 1975

Everton-12pts in10 games

Spurs-9pts in10 games

Liverpool-14pts in 10 games

clearly you can see that Stoke fall below expectation on the competitive scale here. Liverpool and Everton deserve far more respect as a competitor than Stoke city and that's a factual statement and not a matter of opinion.

With all their strength, we still have a vastly superior squad and a master tactician at the helm add that to our impressive statistics against them and it's fair to say stiffer tests lies beyond the stoke city game.

Stats like that can be misleading, like for example during the 90's we had amazing record at Old Trafford but a beyond shite one at Anfield, does that mean Liverpool were better than United in that decade? Another example Everton at home, Chelsea fans deem that as a bogey fixture these days despite the fact Everton have not won a league match at he Bridge for i dont know how long.

Stoke are still a hard team to brake down at The Britt and in reality we could have had no serious complaints if they won the fixture their last season 4-1.

AvB : No Chelsea player is under evaluation atm. We're still searching for possible additions to the team. But overall we're happy with the squad we have.

So, no more outs then. Considering the squad rules, max 1 foreign player in. Has to be Modric or maybe Perreira.

Stats like that can be misleading, like for example during the 90's we had amazing record at Old Trafford but a beyond shite one at Anfield, does that mean Liverpool were better than United in that decade? Another example Everton at home, Chelsea fans deem that as a bogey fixture these days despite the fact Everton have not won a league match at he Bridge for i dont know how long.

Stoke are still a hard team to brake down at The Britt and in reality we could have had no serious complaints if they won the fixture their last season 4-1.

How else do you measure competitiveness if not by stats? It's the result that counts at the end of the day. Stats can be misleading in some instances but it's perfectly legitimate in this case.

AvB : No Chelsea player is under evaluation atm. We're still searching for possible additions to the team. But overall we're happy with the squad we have.

So, no more outs then. Considering the squad rules, max 1 foreign player in. Has to be Modric or maybe Perreira.

or Neymar.....

He had a mare yeah and he's not played in pre season so i wouldn't wanna play him anyway. Sturridge will be a miss in a game like this imo especially with our lack of quality out wide.

I reckon we'll have enough to get the job done, especially coming off a very good pre season.

Being a bit of a nan about it but fresh from a concussion, I don't think any player should be considered for a game only 4 days after. Yes, it was a mild concussion but the fact that he lost his hearing and he still has memory loss....that's enough for me to be very cautious. Besides he may play very tentatively, worried about getting hurt again. And we know a tentative Torres is no good.