Stoke 0-0 Chelsea

BlueLion.

I'm particularly worried about this game. I think this is possibly a tougher opening game than facing United at Old Trafford or Liverpool at Anfield. Why? Because Stoke play with a high intensity at all times and are buoyed by impressive European exploits, whereas the big teams often show a lot of respect to each other. Make no mistake about it, this is one of the hardest fixtures of the season, and playing away at the most passionate and noisy ground in the league is not an ideal start.

If we win this match, we really are a good team.

I tottaly agree, they are one of the hardest opponents to bigger clubs. They have smaller ground as anyone else, do Delap could take those throw-inns and very noisy fans. I guess being there is like in hell.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering we're playing Stoke, I'd play the line-up as:

Cech

Ivanovic - Alex - Terry - Cole

Lampard

Ramires - Benayoun

Kalou -------------------------- Malouda

Torres

It's sad we still have to put Kalou & Malouda in our prospective line-ups but I guess we just have to trust our tactics will mean minimal touches from them.

We seem to do weird things when we play against Stoke..and with the friendly mid week hopfully that wont have any effect espically with injuries!! Big score be nice but can see it being a tough 1-0..hey ho 3 points what matters....Torres goal make it even better :D

Wow guys don't predict big win for Chelsea.It is possible,but Stoke are very good team and we always play hard with them.Especially when they are at home.And how BlueLion said,Drogba must start.He is very good when he play against them.Like against Arsenal

:D Look at his last goal against Stoke last season. http://videa.hu/videok/sport/st1-1ce-0f2VBodtjvwrpQLY

I will post the line up which i want,not which i think AVB will start.

Cech

Ivan(If he is Ok.If he isn't than Pulo) - Luiz - JT - Cole

Ramires - Mikel - Lampard

Drogba - Torres - Malouda

If Mikel it is not alright than Josh take his position.I think Drogba can play there.He have the speed and good croos.I expect to win with 0-1 or 1-2.Good luck to boys.Im sorry for that I can't watching the first 2 or 3 Chelsea matches in the new season :(

Given we are going to be bombarded with long balls and throw in's, our strongest avalible players is a must.

If it has not sunk it on Andre that he is managing in England it will after this.