Stoke 0-0 Chelsea

BlueLion.

If you want to beat Stoke do it technically not physically you will failure. He was perfect chosen today. Drogba will need to learn to be an

substitute if Torres continues, thats the fact. A good on but still a...

torres played well but as an individual not as a chelsea player... his only contribution to a move which did not end with him was the cross to ramires... against stoke drogba would ve been way more influential than torres ever was... drogba winnin the free kick while on his ass was evident enough... plus some of torres's misses were embarassing

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

torres played well but as an individual not as a chelsea player... his only contribution to a move which did not end with him was the cross to ramires... against stoke drogba would ve been way more influential than torres ever was... drogba winnin the free kick while on his ass was evident enough... plus some of torres's misses were embarassing

The cross to Kalou? the deflected pass which ended in Lamps being fouled in the box? (not given obviously)

The pass to Malouda which he fucked up?

How about his point perfect pass for Kalou's header?

He had to play like an individual because he was winger, attacking midfielder and center forward all in one yesterday. Bring in two other players to play winger and creative MF and maybe he wouldn't have to dribble half the Stoke team. You know, he could be on the receiving end of scoring opportunities instead of the other way around.

What embarrassing misses? Please? First off, name one player who has perfect flawless games? Second, again, what embarrassing misses. There were extenuating circumstances on at least a couple of his 'shots'. And you know that but of course won't acknowledge it.

Was he perfect yesterday? Of course not. Was Torres Chelsea's best offensive weapon yesterday? By far.

53 pages?!

Since it'll take a while for me to download the game and read the reports and comments I'll have to ask a few things now:

1. How did our midfield function?
  2. How did Torres perform?

1. Wasn't given much room, but held possession well in the 2nd half. Ramires and Mikel stood out, although Mikel had one big mistake which could've ended with a goal.

2. Got man of the match award

1. Wasn't given much room, but held possession well in the 2nd half. Ramires and Mikel stood out, although Mikel had one big mistake which could've ended with a goal.

2. Got man of the match award

Did he deserve it? How was he in comparison to the Rangers game?

Did he deserve it? How was he in comparison to the Rangers game?

Deserved it alongside Alex. Was by far our most active attacking player, it wasn't hard for him to stand out next to Kalouda. The best game in Chelsea shirt so far, better than Rangers.

goalkeeper: cech

defense: bosingwa - terry - alex - cole

midfield: mikel - lampard - ramires

attack: kalou (drogba 75min.) - torres (benayoun 88min.) - malouda (anelka 65min.)

andre villas boas the former fc porto dragons manager with the first game as fc chelsea london manager..

and this on my brother´s krisitijan kiki barisic birthday, congratulations.. this was really a special one day!!

our defense work was perfect and this without michael essien, but we didn´t scored.. this is the premier league, there are no easy games!!

we need a creative playmaker with techniques, we have problems to sign luka modric cause harry redknapp don´t wanna loose his playmaker!!

our russia boss roman abramovich offer 44.000.000mill.€ and spurs rejected.. we should try to sign niko kranjcar the bosses croatian,

playmaker with excellent ball control & technique skills, niko kranjcar is the pleya, actual market value only 10.000.000 mill.€, a must signing,

what ya all think??

Torres stood out for me yesterday, although it was a gamble by AVB to start him over Drogba, but I believe Fernando needs the chance to prove himself from the start of the match. OK he's had plenty of chances during the last season to prove himself, but it's this season what counts now . He will hopefully be refreshed and put in more performances like he did yesterday from now onwards. For me he really showed that he was trying.

From I what I've seen from Stoke the last couple of seasons they are a tough side to play and so it wasn't going to be easy. I'm rather glad we got this game out of the way early on as they're one of at least 2 or 3 other sides I've seen us struggle against, particularly away, i.e. Everton, Villa, Man City.

This is Chelsea FC and not John terry FC. any fan that wants the club to succeed wouldn't be against the benching of any under-performing players.

Yeah, we share the same view. But I have problems over Terry's performances... Even when he plays badly, I think he brings to the team something that nobody else could do. I mean, he has a grat leadership, plus he is ready to put his body on the welfare-line to stop the opponent. And to my eyes this is something important, especially in big games. Thus my concern is, will a pair Alex - Luiz be as good as a pair Terry - Alex/Luiz with a Terry in off-form ? I don't know. Hence I'd like us to experiment Alex - Luiz in one game to see whether it works or not.

I don't disagree with your points but I think hell will freeze over before we see Lampard and Terry benched this season. And that is a concern because those who make the decisions seem unwilling to make changes that are tough yet needed. TBF I see Lampard seeing the way to the sideline before Terry.

Agreed. Because as I stated above, Terry has a great leadership. And I think a Terry off-form brings more to the team than a Lampard off-form.

1. How did our midfield function?
  2. How did Torres perform?

1 - Well, it was the same thing than last year, more or less... It still lacked of creativity. Though, Mikel and especially Ramires pplayed very good.

2 - To sum up his performance, I think we could say : he seems to have get back his confident. He didn't seem like a new-born baby as he could have looked last year. He was lively, one of our best players.