Stoke 0-0 Chelsea

BlueLion.

Noticed this in the match report.

The starting 11 had just two changes from the one that began against Rangers eight days ago. One is enforced, Malouda in for suspended Sturridge.

Hope this is accurate. When Malouda wants he can be great, but at present he's garbage and I'm sick of watching him. Can't wait for Sturridge's ban to come to an end.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gave up on the idea of AVB dropping Lampard when he called him 'Lamps' in a press conference. He seems to soft to drop him in my opinon. I'd rather moan about players he has the balls to drop or replace i.e. the infamous pair now known as Kalouda.

I agree. Based on merit, Benayoun/Josh should have started ahead of Lampard. if I have the chance to meet AVB. My first question will be : Do you genuinely feel Kalou and Malouda are Chelsea quality and have they warranted the believe you have shown in them thus far"?

On a side note, does anyone else find JT's lack of pace increasingly worrisome. he was exposed on a number of occasions in the stoke game and I fear he would struggle to cope against pacy and counter attacking opponents

I was pretty pleased with the draw, stoke aren't an easy team to play away from home, team tank. Delighted with Fernando's performance, sickened for him that he didn't get a goal after all his hard work! I don't think Lampard should be playing 90 mins, I mean I love him but he needs to take a back seat and maybe play half a game, I hope Josh gets a chance in the next game. Also I can now see why people want rid of Kalou and Malouda, everyone knows I love Kalou but my god what was he at! Hes a super sub, shouldn't be starting games (sorry Kalou I love you) and Malouda is just passed it now.

198702_10150265042468517_564223516_7793471_5643928_n.jpg

this weekend was special..

13.08.2011 niko kranjcar birthday & the premier league start..

i am disapointed cause fc tottenham hotspur vs everton f.c. was suspendet..

would be amazing to see the bosses croatian niko kranjcar playing on his birthday..

14.08.2011 kristijan kiki barisic my brother birthday..

david beckham is still the best england pleya, award winner 2011 in los angeles california..

andre villas boas the former fc porto dragons manager..

with the first premier league game as fc chelsea london manager..

el clasico real madrid c.f. vs fc barcelona play espana super cup..

was a great el clasico and this on my brother´s birthday, 2:2 end result..

david villa scored the goal of the weekend, that was really a special one!!

I don't think AVB is doing lamps any favor playing him 90min. but since this was a physical team maybe that factored in. But next game I wanna see some changes in our line up.

Valid point. With Stoke, they chuck everyone toward wherever Delap is chucking the blaady thing, then rely on Shawcross to snap somebody's legs off. A far more thoughtful way combat Stoke would be Josh, who is quicker/lighter/more agile than Lamps, and increasingly better at breaking out of our half and catching sloppy teams on the break. I'm not denouncing Lamps, he's still one of our key men, but in the same Utd have started giving their youth a good half hour (swapping them for the oldies), we should be getting Josh on and using his dynamic play to our advantage.

As someone touched on earlier, it's not like Lamps was having shots or playing attack-minded passes; he seemed to be waning after an hour.

Remember, if Josh doesn't get any minutes, he'll clear off on loan somewhere he'll be appreciated. That could be good for him and us in the long run, but isn't a 0-0 at Stoke an eye-opener that we should be gradually phasing out tired Lampard for the dormant talent of energetic young Josh?

just my opinion, perhaps.

This looked like a return to the "bad moment" in my eyes. We played hard, didn't get a few calls, but there is so little intensity, such a lack of urgency, and absolutely no creativity. I'm not jumping on any bandwagons be they "sack AVB" or "we lost the title already", but if the team looks like this all season, we will be lucky to be top 4. I know we will get some players back, which can change the picture, but the culture of the team must be changed, to force a better attitude out of the squad. I agree with previous posts, and have stated since last season that Lampard needs to sit in favor of Josh, Yosi, etc. He is a shadow of his former self, but will make a fantastic spot starter and bench player. Losing his entitlement to a starting spot may even kick him in the ass and get him producing more. These guys all need to know that no one is guaranteed a starting job so they fight on the pitch for their starts and their place in the squad every week. Complacency seems to have set in last season and looks to be carrying over. I know it's only one game, against a tough team at a tough ground, but time will tell. We have a lot of the right pieces, we just need to add a few more and hope AVB uses them properly.

£60,000 a week... facepalmt.gif

This is an interesting stuff. That actually underlines two things :

• We should get rid of him asap, 'cause a player of his 'quality' (yeah I know, the words 'Kalou'+'quality' in the same sentence sounds wrong) shouldn't ever earn a wage of £60k a week.
  • If he's still at the club it is because nobody wants to buy a player who they'll have to pay such a wage.

1°) I agree. Based on merit, Benayoun/Josh should have started ahead of Lampard. if I have the chance to meet AVB. My first question will be : Do you genuinely feel Kalou and Malouda are Chelsea quality and have they warranted the believe you have shown in them thus far"?

2°) On a side note, does anyone else find JT's lack of pace increasingly worrisome. he was exposed on a number of occasions in the stoke game and I fear he would struggle to cope against pacy and counter attacking opponents

1°) To be honest, I'm not unhappy Lampard has started instead of Josh. Indeed, I didn't want a bastard like Shawcross to injure him.

2°) Yeah ! I found him quite poor compared to his standard. As you pointed out, against players more pacy, for instance as United's strikers/wingers he could have trouble... That may sound crazy, but could we think to bench him ? At least, I would like to try a Luiz - Alex pair in one game... Though I hope it was just an off day.

2°) Yeah ! I found him quite poor compared to his standard. As you pointed out, against players more pacy, for instance as United's strikers/wingers he could have trouble... That may sound crazy, but could we think to bench him ? At least, I would like to try a Luiz - Alex pair in one game... Though I hope it was just an off day.

This is Chelsea FC and not John terry FC. any fan that wants the club to succeed wouldn't be against the benching of any under-performing players.

1°) To be honest, I'm not unhappy Lampard has started instead of Josh. Indeed, I didn't want a bastard like Shawcross to injure him.

I don't disagree with your points but I think hell will freeze over before we see Lampard and Terry benched this season. And that is a concern because those who make the decisions seem unwilling to make changes that are tough yet needed. TBF I see Lampard seeing the way to the sideline before Terry.

I don't disagree with your points but I think hell will freeze over before we see Lampard and Terry benched this season. And that is a concern because those who make the decisions seem unwilling to make changes that are tough yet needed. TBF I see Lampard seeing the way to the sideline before Terry.

And what was wrong with them yesterday?