Stoke 0-0 Chelsea

BlueLion.

How about his point perfect pass for Kalou's header?

He had to play like an individual because he was winger, attacking midfielder and center forward all in one yesterday. Bring in two other players to play winger and creative MF and maybe he wouldn't have to dribble half the Stoke team. You know, he could be on the receiving end of scoring opportunities instead of the other way around.

What embarrassing misses? Please? First off, name one player who has perfect flawless games? Second, again, what embarrassing misses. There were extenuating circumstances on at least a couple of his 'shots'. And you know that but of course won't acknowledge it.

Was he perfect yesterday? Of course not. Was Torres Chelsea's best offensive weapon yesterday? By far.

first of all... point perfect cross to kalou was the only thing he did which was my mistake as i thought it was ramires.... secondly this was not the first match since last season tat we had shitty wing play and no creativity from mid... last season drogba had to play as a winger, striker and play maker and he made us win matches, if everythin in life was picture perfect then every season would be like 09-10 where the strikers would be fed with goals in every match... but tats not life ... thirdly the miss from the corner where torres absolutely miss judged the ball was not embarising???

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ideally he wouldn't even have to be making crosses, he would be the receiving end of them... But Kalou and co. can't feed proper crosses, I think Torres's cross was the only proper one in the game. A striker has to be moderately selfish and hungry for goal and Torres is definitely that type of player.. That's why he's best deployed as a pure striker, not the one who plays every position after half-way line.

first of all... point perfect cross to kalou was the only thing he did which was my mistake as i thought it was ramires....

That was the only thing Torres did? Sorry, most of us must have watched a different game from you.

last season drogba had to play as a winger, striker and play maker and he made us win matches,

How about the games where it didn't work? Maybe that's why Chelsea aren't defending PL and CL champions? Just because it works every now and then doesn't mean Chelsea should be happy to play their center forwards as wingers and playmakers all in one. It's not sustainable and it won't work against well organized and/or super talented teams. No one on this team is Messi. Torres tried on Sunday to do all he could. It's one game, it didn't work. Chelsea got a point.

thirdly the miss from the corner where torres absolutely miss judged the ball was not embarising???

You mean the one where he dribbled 2 or 3 defenders and Shawcross landed on his ass? Watch the replay, he didn't misjudge the ball. Shawcross nudged the ball away after being completely dribbled onto his ass by Torres.

A striker has to be moderately selfish and hungry for goal and Torres is definitely that type of player.. That's why he's best deployed as a pure striker, not the one who plays every position after half-way line.

Exactly, thank you.

That was the only thing Torres did? Sorry, most of us must have watched a different game from you.

How about the games where it didn't work? Maybe that's why Chelsea aren't defending PL and CL champions? Just because it works every now and then doesn't mean Chelsea should be happy to play their center forwards as wingers and playmakers all in one. It's not sustainable and it won't work against well organized and/or super talented teams. No one on this team is Messi. Torres tried on Sunday to do all he could. It's one game, it didn't work. Chelsea got a point.

You mean the one where he dribbled 2 or 3 defenders and Shawcross landed on his ass? Watch the replay, he didn't misjudge the ball. Shawcross nudged the ball away after being completely dribbled onto his ass by Torres.

Actually he miskicked the ball before he dived, the corner situation... that was uncharacteristic but he was being pulled, so I think that played a part in that miskick

Torres game Sunday was so much better than anything I've seen from him since he came to Chelsea. Last season his touch was the worst I've ever seen from him. I was almost expecting bad touches from him. Torres will never have a Tevez or Rooney workrate but when he's engaged, confident, there is a different level and we saw that Sunday. We saw him attacking and dribbling; and turning and going by defenders. Last season he wasn't doing that - part of that was his crap touch, as soon as he'd get the ball, he'd lose it. Now you see he can collect/receive the ball, turn (not lose it in the turn), and take players on. That's Torres or any top class attacking player - wanting/demanding the ball and able and willing to take players on. I'd rather see that Torres than one who too often gives the ball to a teammate because he can't/won't attack.

Actually he miskicked the ball before he dived, the corner situation... that was uncharacteristic but he was being pulled, so I think that played a part in that miskick

That situation? Okay, again extenuating circumstances. He had one defender draped on him, the keeper a foot or two away blocking and his back was facing goal. Could he have scored, maybe. But that was a weird play situation.

no i meant the corner in which all torres was able to hit was air...

read the complete context in which the statement was made before just blabbin...

Learn to explain yourself better and perhaps your subtle points may make it across to others. Right now your blabbing is that MOTM of the last match should be benched.

Learn to explain yourself better and perhaps your subtle points may make it across to others. Right now your blabbing is that MOTM of the last match should be benched.

motm of the last match alright... but wat was his competition... the great pair of kalouda or an agein lamps (with all due respect)... all i want is for chelsea to win... if tat means changin the striker who was the motm of the last match for a better striker than no doubt that should be done...

motm of the last match alright... but wat was his competition... the great pair of kalouda or an agein lamps (with all due respect)... all i want is for chelsea to win... if tat means changin the striker who was the motm of the last match for a better striker than no doubt that should be done...

So maybe that tells you why the game ended 0-0? Rather than replacing Torres maybe, just maybe, AVB replaces the underperformers? Torres will be benched too...when he underperforms. I don't think he underperformed against Stoke.