Stoke 0-0 Chelsea

BlueLion.

It's depressing isn't it when Man Utd have Young, Nani and Valencia who can all beat a marker and deliver a cross or shoot. We don't have a single player who can do that.

And Malouda and Kalou are the two clowns who complain about getting longer contract or not getting enough games. They are shameless.

Yeah, you said it, that's depressing. We have only three players we can be labeled as skilful (ie have good dribbling/passing/vision abilities). They are :

- McEachran, just only 18 year-old.

- Kakuta, 20 years-old.

- Benayoun, 31 years-old and he is far to be a world class player.

The first two aren't ready to be part of the starting eleven week in week out while the third doesn't have the level to do so.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AVB for SkySports in his post-match interview:

"Let's see with time," he said. "We have escaped the frenetic part of the transfer market and some good deals can be done towards the later stages."

Interesting take on the market. Though he's right about escaping the frenzy of deals like Downing's :lol:

Yeah, you said it, that's depressing. We have only three players we can be labeled as skilful (ie have good dribbling/passing/vision abilities). They are :

- McEachran, just only 18 year-old.

- Kakuta, 20 years-old.

- Benayoun, 31 years-old and he is far to be a world class player.

The first two aren't ready to be part of the starting eleven week in week out while the third doesn't have the level to do so.

I honestly think that there are some people working within the club who are trying to sabotage the team. The absolutely shambolic mismanagement of the playing staff has resulted in all of our key players being 30 or other and their deputies consisting of absolute rubbish like Kalou.

Another typical Chelsea performance based on two halves. Just wonder how exactly AVB is going to change the mentality of the players who believe that the game doesn't actually start until the 2nd half or 1 down. AVB won't last long in the job unless he can change the team mentality. I remember a Chelsea that went at teams with speed, pace, power and verve. Perhaps it was because we had young hungry players with a point to prove. The majority of this lot have so little to prove maybe after today's game we need to offload the likes of Kalou, Malouda and Essien for sure. Play Lamps, Drogs and Mikel from the bench. I think it's clear to most Chelsea supporters that something has to change drastically if we don't want a repeat of last season.

Torres was great today just a shame he was stuck in the middle with 2 non starters.

Shame Sturridge is suspended because he is a definite starter after today

Need a creative player and a genuine wide man for crying out loud!!!!!!!

0-0 against stoke is not that bad. Everybody knows when you go to Britanna you will play against a defence team with 7-9 man

i n the back, its tough, and you need a little bit of luck to win, was`nt ment to be. Torres played very good - i kew he would!, never

doubted him, he looks sharp like the old days in pool. Still we need somebody to feet him with balls, Malouda and Kalou aint on his

planet, never has been (Benayoun is!). Lampard/Mikel - try McEachran next time Mr Boas. Alex good game.

Guest justin_3d

Lampard still playing full time.....

Lampard at 33 has to play less games, not more!

Lampard as a super sub, will be far better now then being a starter!

And Malouda, Kalou, how the hell they are still in the team?

311o1sy.jpg

Last season Lampards goals were probably the only thing we were getting from him, now that he's playing deeper, do any of you reckon this could be a huge dissapointnent this season concerning lampard?.

after watching the game and both interviews i think we should all look at the positives and negatives with sensible heads. Yes its always dissapointing for us to drop points, yes kalou and malouda were poor but also it was a tough fixture. I disagree with people saying this is a hard game and that will be an easy game because you never know till youve played it. We arent an easy away game for a team but we were for sunderland last season. Im more dissapointed that after 1 game the refs have already been lenient to fouls and let players make up with lack of abiity by deliberate fouling that goes unpunished. I dont blame stoke and pullis because if you get away with it then carry on, stoke arent gonna get the players some teams at that level can so make sure they work hard and follow your orders. I say that even though i think there anti football and a bit depressing sometimes, but its not for pullis to change its for the refs to stop it. We should have had at least one pen. However begovic was top drawer and woodgate played well for them and if stays fit will get stoke some points this season. I was a massive critic of torres last year and love drogba but AVB got it right. Torres looked a different player to last year and we should get behind him and hopefully get him firing for us. We defended really well, alex really played for his place. Ramires looks the part and mikel had a shot! Thouht lampard and the wing situation is an issue but overall pleased with the commitment and effort of the team. I think mcheachrans good enough so should be old enough to play games and think he turns and releases the ball quicker than lampard and mikel and we should of brought him on. Bosingwa was good also. Overall i think wel be alright, they were massively up for it and played them off the park second half, Man utd might have just beat wba but have a lot more questions to answer then we do off those performances.

y was torres chosen ahead of dd in a match which is definitely not for the faint hearted... i d really like to know the answer to this question...

Don't think Torres is as physically faint hearted as some think. He looked more than up for the physical challenge today and repaid AVB's faith in getting the starting nod. I was surprised though he started because of the concussion he got while playing with Spain. Unfortunate for Torres he was playing with Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum for most of the match.