Drogba or Torres

Who should be first choice?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Drogba or Torres

• Drogba
    • Torres
    • Both can partner upfront

Difficult one.

It all depends on what formation AVB decides on & who we are playing against. If we use Arsanal as an example, well Drogba always seems to score against them & generally runs their defence ragged. Drogba proved towards the end of last season that despite his age he was the form pick.Torres endured a nightmare last season but I believe AVB will employ different tactics to get him scoring again & with that his confidence will thrive too - hopefully giving us the world class player back he was a couple of years ago.

Our service to the frontmen was poor last season so the supply has to improve for either of them to flourish, if I had to make a call on this then I would go with Torres starting generally & Drogba being used like scum u do with giggs but I don't say that with much courage, as AVB may just surprise us all & start with both!

If Drogba is first choice, we might win more games THIS YEAR because of the supporting team we have, but next year we'll be back to where we are now, with a new first choice striker. So why would you ask AVB to make Drogba first choice this year, his first year, and then change next year. Doesn't make sense.

If all you care about is this year, then Drogba.

But, if you care about the future, then Torres.

Either way, Torres as first choice is inevitable, so why not coincide that with the appointment of a new manager. It's simple logic really.

I personally choose Drogba over Torres, i've wanted to get rid of Torres for some time now. I just don't have any faith in him or anything for what he will do for this club. I would love to have Sturridge, Falcao & Drogba, but i seriously doubt Drogba would sit on the bench without moaning. But i think Drogba is more effective than Torres and can score more goals than him, despite Drogbas age. It was only because of the Maloria which knocked him out of form he didn't score much goals this season, he was pretty much on fire before that.

I want Drogba to stay for a couple reasons.

First of all, I really don't think too much change over a short period of time will help the team. Assuming that Anelka and Malouda will leave, if we let Drogba go as well, then we'll have three new (or fairly new) faces up front, and that's no good, especially since pre-season starts in less than a week, and we don't even know whom we'll sign or if we will sign anyone at all.

Secondly, I am still uncertain about Torres like everyone else here. He still has a lot to prove, and there is too much risk involved in going with Torres only. Besides, Torres is highly prone to injury, so you never know.

So, I think we should keep Drogba for one more season, and preferably, he'll leave next summer. I think that's the best decision for the team and hopefully for Drogba as well.

But if we're going to keep him, we'll have to play him often. He's not gonna be happy if he sits out most of the time, and the last thing we need is an angry Drogs. So ideally, we should find a way to play both of them together. Drogba worked it out with Anelka, so I don't see why he can't do the same with Torres.

If it doesn't work, however, we should focus on Torres. No matter what people think of him, the club won't let go of him that easily even if he's going downhill from here. He cost Roman £50m, and that should tell you that we're stuck with him whether we like him or not. So yeah, keep both of them, and we'll gradually work towards building the team around Torres.

I know it nearly has to be one or the other and we have spent all this money on Torres but I can't just be like oh thanks Drogba see ya! If Chelsea are losing a match I always feel better when hes on the pitch! Hes a legend, I would love it if AVB could make them play together! Even though I've been obsessed with Torres for years....I still don't think I'd pick him over Drogba. I'd be really sad to see him leave.

8 guys said both can play together.

Hopeless people.

9 guys ( Boas) :readthemessage:

After playing Torres and Drogba separately, questions soon arose as to

whether Villas-Boas believes the two strikers can play alongside one

another.

'I see no problem,' he said. 'If players of this dimension cannot play alongside each other then something would be wrong.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2394447,00.html

I would gladly trade both strikers for Aguero right now. Premiership and competitions in general is becoming increasingly competitive and for a club with our level of ambition to remain competitive, a potent striking unit that can score goals at will is key. Drogba is too old and has lost the edge while Torres just simply looks off the pace.

I would gladly trade both strikers for Aguero right now. Premiership and competitions in general is becoming increasingly competitive and for a club with our level of ambition to remain competitive, a potent striking unit that can score goals at will is key. Drogba is too old and has lost the edge while Torres just simply looks off the pace.

But not many strikers just "score goals at will", do they? Service is key. And our midfield provides anything but.

9 guys ( Boas) :readthemessage:

After playing Torres and Drogba separately, questions soon arose as to

whether Villas-Boas believes the two strikers can play alongside one

another.

'I see no problem,' he said. 'If players of this dimension cannot play alongside each other then something would be wrong.

http://www.chelseafc...2394447,00.html

Boas is a smart guy. He wont say even before the first league game that Torres and Drogba wont play together.

Im pretty sure he wont use both together, and for his first two games its pretty clear that he doesn't intend to do so.