Drogba or Torres

Who should be first choice?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Drogba or Torres

• Drogba
    • Torres
    • Both can partner upfront

I could only vote if there's a "none of the above" option up there.

This with all my honesty. I'd rather have Aguero or Falcao. Still, Drogba shouldn't be the answer anymore, with all honestly he is getting old. No one can escape the years, not even Chuck Norris. If Torres reignites then great, but chances are not that high and it's a risk.

This with all my honesty. I'd rather have Aguero or Falcao. Still, Drogba shouldn't be the answer anymore, with all honestly he is getting old. No one can escape the years, not even Chuck Norris. If Torres reignites then great, but chances are not that high and it's a risk.

I agree. Aguero has confirmed his desire to leave AM and falcao hasn't made his wish to reunite with AVB a secret. . . .we could realistically get either players but it seems AVB, being an optimist, would stick with the current strikers at his disposal. it would be a dream come true if AM could agree a straight swap for Torres with Aguero and Falcao replacing Drogba and Anelka.

Can't believe this is even debatable right now. Drogba all day. Torres looks dogshit to me. If we are going off right now, Drogba everyday.

The guy last year had 5 times the quality Torres showed. Had more pace, more power, Torres had one finish in half a season.

Awful

Until Torres proves everyone wrong it's an easy decision.

Didier Drogba is 34 this season, i love Didier as much as the next Chelsea fan but at times last season our reliance on him was becoming beyond a joke, we cannot rely on him forever its time for a lesser role, how much longer can we say one last season?

Fernando Torres i think will give us a big season this season, he won't repeat what happened the last 6 months because Andre quite simply will not let it happen, even that i don't think his performances and effort were as bad as some make out, ironically i think it was after his goal he started producing some real stinkers in my opinion.

Guest justin_3d

Torres because we have AVB.

If it was under our old coach Carlo, Torres would still be a big flop.

AVB will bring out the best of Torres.

And I have been hating on Torres for such a long time, but i HOPE that AVB will bring out the best.

Cause if not.....

emo3.gif

Roman hosted Drogba's wedding.

I meant on the pitch. Drogba led the team in goals on multiple occasions, yet Roman still felt the need to throw piles of cash at supposedly superior forwards. Anelka is the only forward that truly worked with Drogba and he was a bargain by comparison.

A 33 year old player who has reached the twilight of his career vs a £50m flop who has failed to meet expectations since his injury 2 years ago.

lol

Same here.

I meant on the pitch. Drogba led the team in goals on multiple occasions, yet Roman still felt the need to throw piles of cash at supposedly superior forwards. Anelka is the only forward that truly worked with Drogba and he was a bargain by comparison.

Shevchenko was the only player that was really bought to become the main striker, others like Pizzaro and Kezman were only baught for extra cover, while Anelka was bought becuase of the ACON

Torres because we have AVB.

If it was under our old coach Carlo, Torres would still be a big flop.

AVB will bring out the best of Torres.

And I have been hating on Torres for such a long time, but i HOPE that AVB will bring out the best.

Cause if not.....

This is not about who's coach or not imo, with Carlo last season Torres could still have gotten around 7+ goals (the miss against wigan, the sitter against utd, the miss against Spurs, 3 good chances squandered against Copenhagen, miss against Fulham) and that is just the ones i can remember.

Torres just has to take his chances - easier said than done i know :D - and hopefully he does have more supply this season.

Shevchenko was the only player that was really baught to become the main striker, others like Pizzaro and Kezman were only baught for extra cover, while Anelka was bought becuase of the ACON

Didn't Jose try to wedge Pizzaro into his lineups? He and Shevchenko were not compatible with Drogba in any way. Anelka was a highly-rated journeyman that produced. Torres may prove to be worth every penny paid for him, but he simply hasn't done it yet. I'd still take Drogba because flashier names have come in and withered. As for Roman, I doubt Carlo co-signed to picking up Torres and the Shevchenko signing was mainly the work of Roman and Peter Kenyon. I just think they should have worked on getting a forward that could compliment Drogba's skills, not a big name for flash and bang. It's a little late now...

A 33 year old player who has reached the twilight of his career vs a £50m flop who has failed to meet expectations since his injury 2 years ago.

Boy aren't you the cheerful one..

Did you want Terry thrown out after his Inter game or Cole after last year's Community Shield?

Edit: On a second thought that might sound offensive, I assure you it's an honest question.

Edited by Kostas

Fernando is our future whether people want to accept it or not. He is going to be the one the coach has confidence in over the next few years at least. He will most likely try and build the squad around him and if we sign another young striker. We have Daniel but i honestly can't see him getting a look in up front. Hopefully i am proven wrong but right now i just cannot see it happening.

Drogba might continue to play this coming season like he has the last few but after that he is going to have to accept a position on the bench and come on when needed or i think he will look to finish his career else where. I am not saying he is not appreciated he is a class act still at his age but Roman did not sign Fernando for him to sit on the bench.

Didn't Jose try to wedge Pizzaro into his lineups? He and Shevchenko were not compatible with Drogba in any way. Anelka was a highly-rated journeyman that produced. Torres may prove to be worth every penny paid for him, but he simply hasn't done it yet. I'd still take Drogba because flashier names have come in and withered. As for Roman, I doubt Carlo co-signed to picking up Torres and the Shevchenko signing was mainly the work of Roman and Peter Kenyon. I just think they should have worked on getting a forward that could compliment Drogba's skills, not a big name for flash and bang. It's a little late now...

IMO the type to play alongside Drog would have been a David Speedie clone ...great second striker ,,small fast and extremely feisty.