Marko Marin

Melanicus

RDM didn't give him the chance, just like he did with Azpilicueta. Rafa, on the other hand, improved Azpi by selecting him most of the time but he favoured Benayoun to Marin. I've seen both Benayoun and Marin play before joining Chelsea and Marin by far is a better choice for multiple reasons: a- crosses b- dribble speed c- age Players need play time to improve and Marin was robbed because he didn't have enough play time to adapt (unlike Azpi).

Marin was played a fair bit in Rafa's first month before he lost patience after he was showing nothing,Rafa and Yossi didn't like each other at Liverpool so the fact that he picked a washed up 33 year old he didn't even like over Marin spoke volumes.

Marin may have been good pre Chelsea and injuries, but in a Chelsea shirt he's one of the worst players i have ever seen.

Marin was played a fair bit in Rafa's first month before he lost patience after he was showing nothing,Rafa and Yossi didn't like each other at Liverpool so the fact that he picked a washed up 33 year old he didn't even like over Marin spoke volumes.

Marin may have been good pre Chelsea and injuries, but in a Chelsea shirt he's one of the worst players i have ever seen.

Really? Made a debut in Fulham game for 10 minutes, and then a couple of times he came on after the 80th minute and you call that a fair bit?

He played 15 times overall, starting 3 or 4 games only. And then people say he's not Chelsea material. It's unfair because if Torres had the same amount of playing time in his first year, would he be "Chelsea material"? Give me a break! Hypothetically if we paid 50m for Marin I bet most fans would be singing a different tune by now.

It's a shame because pre-season 2012, he showed some real potential in his Chelsea career. Looked like a guy who was able to dribble down the flank and cross the ball. Unfortunately I think he just became disillusioned being behind the pecking order of Moses, Mata, Hazard and Oscar. Not to mention, the injury he picked up when he was on good form, it went downhill from there.

Seville can give him more time & trust if he fills the void Navas has left. It remains to be seen if he gets that.

i smell this loan is a part of Kondogbia deal!!! so Marin Loaned + maybe £10 million is a good bargain...

There are rumours from Marca that Kondogbia IS next player that will join Real. And few weeks ago, eal board said they are talking with young french player to join them. Media thought of Pogba and Niang, but it was actualy Kondogbia. He is probably off to RM, Zidane will have huge word in that. He isnt expensive, played in spain and Real needs powerful DM. Would love him here, but very very unlikely.

It's a shame because pre-season 2012, he showed some real potential in his Chelsea career. Looked like a guy who was able to dribble down the flank and cross the ball. Unfortunately I think he just became disillusioned being behind the pecking order of Moses, Mata, Hazard and Oscar. Not to mention, the injury he picked up when he was on good form, it went downhill from there.

Seville can give him more time & trust if he fills the void Navas has left. It remains to be seen if he gets that.

Yes for me he did show promise in preseason, i was excited about him being a bargain for his low price. But he didn't really get down the line and cross, he seemed to always cut in and shoot and cut in pass. I only remember a couple of times he actually crossed the ball. It's a shame he turned out to show zero reason to even think about keeping him.

I see him doing decent in spain, hopefully he takes navas' spot and gets regular time. Best of luck to him

Really? Made a debut in Fulham game for 10 minutes, and then a couple of times he came on after the 80th minute and you call that a fair bit?

He played 15 times overall, starting 3 or 4 games only. And then people say he's not Chelsea material. It's unfair because if Torres had the same amount of playing time in his first year, would he be "Chelsea material"? Give me a break! Hypothetically if we paid 50m for Marin I bet most fans would be singing a different tune by now.

And not to mention, when Marin did play (mostly under Benitez), he was never given a proper run of games to find his form and blend with others. He usually starts 1 game and then being dropped to the bench in the next one and this made worse when Benitez were under pressure to win every game and hence, he had to start players who can perform immediately. Moreover, when Marin did start a game, he usually finds himself playing in an under-strength team lacking Mata, Hazard and Oscar. He didn't even get a chance, like Moses, to be play with 2 of the trios mentioned. Marin usually finds himself playing with Oscar and then Benayoun/Moses (coupled with 2nd string team overall).

Can't speak for fellow cfc fans but i wouldn't, i still think Ba could be good for us (and he cost £7m) and i was one of the first to turn against Bosingwa (one of the most expensive full backs in history)

• 2 weeks later...