Marko Marin

Melanicus

• 2 weeks later...

we bought him for 5mil right? so anything above 5 mil is fine with me, just please no more loan spells and definitely not keeping him as a squad player here and eating up a spot for players like piazon/traore.

just get him off the books.

we bought him for 5mil right? so anything above 5 mil is fine with me, just please no more loan spells and definitely not keeping him as a squad player here and eating up a spot for players like piazon/traore.

just get him off the books.

Never mind eating up a spot, more like occupying a seat on the bench, I read.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

He's been mostly injured for a few weeks. He did play a game a few weeks ago, IIRC.

was not in thw squad yesterday. And I think in none of sevilla's europa matches.

This guy is a mystery to me. What were we thinking while buying him.

Honestly dont see the logic in loaning a 25 year old player like him, just sell him if you think he is not good enough for the squad and use the funds to help improve the squad with players you actaully need or better use the space he takes to promoting youth, this business model of buying established players is not sustanaible in the long run rather we promote a player from the academy every year or 2 instead of purchasing and keeping average on huge wages.

Honestly dont see the logic in loaning a 25 year old player like him, just sell him if you think he is not good enough for the squad and use the funds to help improve the squad with players you actaully need or better use the space he takes to promoting youth, this business model of buying established players is not sustanaible in the long run rather we promote a player from the academy every year or 2 instead of purchasing and keeping average on huge wages.

Maybe nobody wanted Marin...and that's why we loaned him to Sevilla in order to attract bids at the end of the season?

Maybe nobody wanted Marin...and that's why we loaned him to Sevilla in order to attract bids at the end of the season?

Well I hope so, but I dont think we really wanted to sell, I am sure teams in Germany would have wanted him because he is still rated over there, we like hoarding talent unfortunately. I hope we find a buyer in the summer thgh or worst case scenario let him leave for half of what we paid for him because we all know he does not have a future here.

I imagine a lot of clubs would've been skeptical about our asking fee (Which I'm assuming will be quite high in an attempt to recoup the money we paid for him), because of his lacklustre performances, so a loan deal with an option to buy at the end makes more sense.