Marko Marin

Melanicus

And who, do you think, is our main winger if it is not Marin?

In order of preference:

1. Hazard

2. Mata

3. Marin

4. Malouda

5. Sturridge

6. Ramires

7. Kakuta

8. Oscar

9. Torres

10. Bertrand

I couldn't care less that they are playing "out of position"- they have all played as wingers before and they've all excelled/at least looked competent. And that is the order that it will stay. 4-2-3-1= 2 wingers only; therefore Marin is a backup. A like-for-like replacement for Kalou. I couldn't care less that everyone thinks Mata and Hazard and Ramires are not wingers, in my book that is exactly what they are and exactly where they shall play; and my book is based on the one Roberto Di Matteo chooses his team out of. He would sooner play someone out of position than sign 5 "wingers" that can only play in that 1 position.

The winger died years ago anyway, now all they do is wank about, cut inside and shoot. Any idiot can do that, he doesn't have to be labelled a winger to do so.

Well then Marin is a starter since Mata and Hazard take the LW and CAM positions.

No they don't.

Mata-Oscar-Hazard

Mata-Lampard-Hazard

Mata-Hazard-Ramires (likely against Wigan, with Oscar looking like he's going to miss it).

3 possible starters. Marin will be on the bench. He was signed to replace Kalou and unless Hazard bombs out, that's what he'll be, depth.

No they don't.

Mata-Oscar-Hazard

Mata-Lampard-Hazard

Mata-Hazard-Ramires (likely against Wigan, with Oscar looking like he's going to miss it).

3 possible starters. Marin will be on the bench. He was signed to replace Kalou and unless Hazard bombs out, that's what he'll be, depth.

Mata will play in the middle as we saw in the CS. RDM changed our whole system just to play him there and even denied Eden hazard's, the man we paid 32m for and signed his younger brother just to keep him happy, quite public requests to play there. I don't think he's going to change his mind now, certainly not for Oscar who is miles away from our starting XI.

Assuming Mata takes the CAM position, and Hazard one of the two wingers position, I think Marin put in the best application for the second winger position in the preseason tour. Although RDM does like wingers who defend so he could still go for Rambo, not that the starting XI is rigid and will remain the same for the whole season.

Mata will play in the middle as we saw in the CS. RDM changed our whole system just to play him there and even denied Eden hazard's, the man we paid 32m for and signed his younger brother just to keep him happy, quite public requests to play there. I don't think he's going to change his mind now, certainly not for Oscar who is miles away from our starting XI.

Assuming Mata takes the CAM position, and Hazard one of the two wingers position, I think Marin put in the best application for the second winger position in the preseason tour. Although RDM does like wingers who defend so he could still go for Rambo, not that the starting XI is rigid and will remain the same for the whole season.

And there you have it.

Ryan Bertrand is a winger in the eyes of Di Matteo, the only eyes that really matter. We do have 7-8 wingers, therefore Hulk, Moses et al can take their wares elsewhere.

Wasn't he just wearing a flannel shirt? What's wrong with that?

Both his shirt and his jeans had a ridiculous amount of zippers on it. Maybe it's just cause I'm not European but it looked silly.

Lol, we're gonna look like bunch of pussies but he did look bad. But let me tell you from experience that eastern Europeans don't really care about fashion which is quite a shame. Can't wait to see him back as he looked very promising.