Marko Marin

Melanicus

Just believe in the lad, won't hurt you.

But he didn't cost over £25 million and isn't incredibly over rated. He has no choice to be only a squad player I'm afraid...

When you're shit, your place will be the bench no matter how much you cost. Just ask Torres or Shevchenko.

I don't think so. Selfish players like him are usually not very consistent.

As i mentioned before, a player such as marin who have a distinctive assist record in bundesliga is not what you call a selfish footballer.

As i mentioned before, a player such as marin who have a distinctive assist record in bundesliga is not what you call a selfish footballer.

Robben has 23 assists in 62 Bundesliga games. Better assist to game ratio than Marin's. Don't tell me Robben isn't selfish.

Robben has 23 assists in 62 Bundesliga games. Better assist to game ratio than Marin's. Don't tell me Robben isn't selfish.

Statistics only prove so much. I can bet half of those assists were shots that the keeper parried into the way of another Bayern player.

Statistics only prove so much. I can bet half of those assists were shots that the keeper parried into the way of another Bayern player.

Yeah. There are so many different ways in which a player can make an assist in football without intending to assist a teammate to score: taking a corner or a free kick, earning a penalty, having your shot parried away to your teammate, causing an own goal to be scored, etc. General stats like goals and assists are absolutely useless for analysis in football.

EDIT: taking corners or free kicks IS usually done to help a teammate score, but you don't need to be a good team player to make assists that way.

Valid point mate, i could also say mata has 26 assists in all competition and i dont think he is selfish. If you say marin is selfish because you consistently watched him all through out his career then there is no argument but if you are judging him based on assumption then lets give him the benefit of the doubt.

People watch him play for an hour against Seattle and label him as selfish? Or, has he been selfish all his career? Really hope it's not just cause of one match lol.

He's been the best player so far. My biggest doubt with him was his defense, but he's a pretty feisty guy. Got a goal off tackle against Seattle and initiated a clear cut chance against PSG off a similar tackle. Of course, it's only been two games, let's see how he does all preseason.

If he can be half the player Iniesta is we would have some player on our hands. Looks good so far and might turn into the buy of the season.

I just like how he moves, he makes it look so effortless. I am tad worried about his finishing, he does share that weakness with Iniesta.