Emenalo appointed as Technical director

ack17

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest justin_3d

That's good. Shows there will be no immediate problems with a DoF as long as, however takes the job, respects Boas' position.

Roman must really like this guy.

...Although the job title has not been decided...

Expect that to make a difference, can't say I'll be glad with him getting a promotion (for numerous reasons) but if he's announced as a technical director he'll have less power than Grant or Arnesen ever had.

Michael Emenalo is on the verge of being named as Chelsea's new sporting director, BBC Sport understands.

The 45-year-old former Nigeria international will fill the role vacated by Frank Arnesen, who has taken up a similar position at Hamburg.

Emenalo joined the club in 2007 as head opposition scout and was made assistant first-team coach after the departure of Ray Wilkins in November last year.

He represented his country at the 1994 World Cup, winning 14 caps.

He had a brief spell with Notts County in the mid-1990s and he also played in the USA, Spain, Germany and Israel.

Emenalo will work with new Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas.

Among Arnesen's responsibilities were transfer dealings and oversight of the academy.

Source: BBC Sports

Published: 6th July

Quotes: No

It's all but a sure deal if BBC are reporting it. I trust them very highly.. Announcement is imminent I suppose.

It's all but a sure deal if BBC are reporting it.

You're right about that.

I still anticipate some noise from Hiddink's camp once his contract with Turkey ends. Don't believe Emelano will be either permanent or all-powerful.

EMENALO IS NEW SPORTING DIRECTOR

Chelsea Football club is pleased to announce theappointment of Michael Emenalo as the club's new technical director.

While supporting the work of the first team manager, Michael will lead the club's international and domestic scouting network, and will assist in driving the technical programmes of our Academy and international youth network.

Michael takes on a vital role that will assist the overall long-term football strategy of the club.

At the same time we are also pleased to announce that after a successful spell managing the youth team, Dermot Drummy has been appointed reserve team manager, replacing Steve Holland who is now working with the first team.

Adrian Viveash succeeds Drummy as youth team coach while Joe Edwards moves up to coach the Under 16 squad and former Chelsea player Andy Myers takes on a full-time position coaching the Under 15s.

Chelseafc

Have to say i am not thrilled about the appointment. Gone down the road of some very good appointments on the coaching front and would have liked to have got someone with good experience as a Sporting Director in this role.....

Hello TalkChelsea wonderful people,

I am thanking you for your fantastic love of me as technical director. By the grace of God i am helping Chelsea to win lots of silver cups with my technical expertise. We have a saying in Nigeria -allthat gitterz is gold - and i will give my all for superchelsea.

yours sincerely

Mike Emanalo

PS please can you e mail you your PIN numbers to [email protected]

god go with you

'Without delving too deeply into it, the first thing is that I'm going to be supporting the manager and working with him in making sure that things run smoothly,' explained the 46-year-old former international. 'I have the responsibility to direct and manage our scouting structure internationally and domestically, and to keep an eye on and assist the progress of the Academy. That's the simple summation.

'Over the next weeks and months I will be getting the scouts in place, finding the people that will lead the scouts along with me, and integrating the agendas and ideas of the different areas from the first team to the Academy. After that it will hopefully be a question of reviewing our efforts and making sure it is bearing the fruits that we expect.

Things that suitable to him to do.