Emenalo appointed as Technical director

ack17

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wish people would stop questioning Emenalo's knowledge of the game. Obviously he is doing something right otherwise he wouldn't have been employed by a club like Chelsea. Just because you don't hear him talkl about his role very often, does not mean he cannot do it effectively. That being said, it doesn't look like he will be staying as assistant coach for the coming season, maybe a role upstairs could be on the cards.

He is a KGB agent...

I really wish people would stop questioning Emenalo's knowledge of the game. Obviously he is doing something right otherwise he wouldn't have been employed by a club like Chelsea. Just because you don't hear him talkl about his role very often, does not mean he cannot do it effectively. That being said, it doesn't look like he will be staying as assistant coach for the coming season, maybe a role upstairs could be on the cards.

well the same argument could have been made when grant was made cfc manager "well he must be a good manager if chelsea appointed him" that has clearly been proved to not be the case.

in my eyes if chelsea are to appoint a director of football we should be apointing one of the best in his field as we would for a player or manager. emenalo for me would not be the right appointment as director of football..

well the same argument could have been made when grant was made cfc manager "well he must be a good manager if chelsea appointed him" that has clearly been proved to not be the case.

in my eyes if chelsea are to appoint a director of football we should be apointing one of the best in his field as we would for a player or manager. emenalo for me would not be the right appointment as director of football..

Exactly.

The people defending Emenalo here are delusional.

Im not defending him and i'm certainly not delusional. The fact that people are calling into question his knowledge of the game and his ability as an assistant coach or possible DoF without any knowledge of him/his abilities whatsoever is pathetic. He goes about his jobs behind the scenes, and we know nothing of it. He could be good or he could be terrible, the point i'm making is that we don't know enough to make an informed decision.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/8598944/Andre-Villas-Boas-makes-first-Chelsea-move-as-Paul-Clement-leaves.html

The club’s former opposition scout, awarded a £5 million-a-year contract at Stamford Bridge for the next three seasons, is expected to announce that his fitness coach, Jose Mario Rocha, and his scout, Daniel Sousa will both follow him from Portugal in the coming days. He will, though, retain Michael Emenalo on his staff, after Abramovich recommended the Nigerian coach’s services.

He survives again! :champions:

I think that Emenalo will not be Director of Sport/Football here in Chelsea FC! I think this is a fake information. There are roumors about Zola as DoF!

How nice would it Emenalo to leave and come Zola emo5.gif

Guest justin_3d

I still would like to know why Roman likes him so much.

Shoot if Roman just went for AVB, and still likes Emanolo then he must be saying something good to Roman....

Won't be slating him like much of the tide goes as not a lot of people outside the club actually know how good he is at what he is given to do . That said , would like to think an influential position such as 'director' of the club would be more suited for someone who has a certain clout and more importantly , relevance in the European and general football stage . This doesn't inspire confidence for the general supporter and probably in extension - with other clubs when player deals/events like the CL Draw or any UEFA/FA official meetups happen .

You judge a manager primarily based on result and Grant's record at Chelsea strongly suggests he's a very decent manager indeed. it's just absolutely silly to rubbish or dismiss someone's performance based on sentimental reasons (he's not charismatic, he has an over bloated jaw line and other sentimental bullshit). The same way some half witted pundits dismissed guardiola's exceptional performance at barca on having the benefit of a great team. get some perspective guys.