Wingers

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@BlueLion - Sturridge is wasted as a winger.. We all saw Carlo trying that in a few games and he looked completely clueless there.. He is a 2nd striker and if we plan to use him, it should be as a striker.

@BlueLion - Sturridge is wasted as a winger.. We all saw Carlo trying that in a few games and he looked completely clueless there.. He is a 2nd striker and if we plan to use him, it should be as a striker.

Agreed.

He played as a striker for Bolton as well, and look how many he scored.

Agreed.

He played as a striker for Bolton as well, and look how many he scored.

I reckon Juan Mata should be a top priority name to go for! I think the likes of Alexis Sanchez is out of our reach now that Barcelona have a firm grip on him, and as I said earlier, Hulk has a monsterous buy out clause.

Mata is young, is hugely quick, and he will be match-fit going into pre-season following the European Under 21 tournament. He would slot in perfectly. I just hope he can play on the right!

Hulk - Torres - Sturridge

emo3.gif

Sturridge can play on the right, watch the games he played for England U-21. I think he would've been even more effective if England actually had a Midfield.

Here is what Frank Arnesen had to say about Sturridge:

"We also told him he has the talent and capacity to play out wide because he is very quick, explosive and can dribble and take a man on. But he is a goalscorer and that is why I said probably it would be good for him to play on the right side because he can come in and shoot.

'Playing wide gives him more chance to play at the highest level. He will probably say he is a number nine and will play central in the future but if we need him for some reason playing wide he already knows how to play there."

I reckon Juan Mata should be a top priority name to go for! I think the likes of Alexis Sanchez is out of our reach now that Barcelona have a firm grip on him, and as I said earlier, Hulk has a monsterous buy out clause.

Mata is young, is hugely quick, and he will be match-fit going into pre-season following the European Under 21 tournament. He would slot in perfectly. I just hope he can play on the right!

I like Mata too but dont know if we are looking at him and as for Hulks buy out clause ........91 MILLION QUID!fainthv9.gif

Whats that about