Chelsea Sack Andre Villas-Boas

The good news from that article is that at least Roman realises that the players are at fault and the quote of

'massive changes' in the Summer is also promising. It doesn't matter who the manager is at the moment because the squad simply isn't good enough, too much deadweight, too many players past their prime, the squad has stagnated and hopefully now Roman will finally perform the big squad clear out that has been long overdue.

We need to hope that it's true...

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my last word on AVB.

Yes he might be a lovely bloke like Blue Lion says, and he is probably nice to his mum and puppies.

Fact is he wasnt given the autonomy he needed and he was angling for the sack. Anyone whos been to recent games would pick up on how he has fallen out of grace with the paying fans for weeks now, and his record is the worst for decades.

Mancini would have felt the full wrath of Sharia law from Citehs arab owners, as would all managers with that record, the only possible exception would have been Ferguson, but even he could have faced the chop for winning three in twelve matches.

So lets stop the sentiment and move on with Putin/Abramovich

LMA on our case yet again. Somethings never change lol.

Yep. We really are embarrassing.

Roman Abramovich was on Monday searching for his eighth manager since taking control of the club after opting to dispense with the services of the Portuguese.

"What's for sure is the club, despite unlimited wealth, haven't yet worked out how to build a successful football club," Bevan told Radio Five Live.

"Looking for what is an eighth manager in nine years is a serious embarrassment to the owner, the club, the fans and the league."

Assistant manager Roberto Di Matteo has been put in charge until the end of the season.

Bevan added: "He (Villas-Boas) was very disappointed, frustrated, saddened, but his thoughts were for the club, the fans and indeed Roberto Di Matteo, wishing him well for the rest of the season. He's obviously a man who played six years or so for the club and has got good managerial experience with West Brom in the Premier League."

Bevan claimed the frequent managerial changes at Stamford Bridge did not help Villas-Boas develop a relationship with his players.

"Players need to know that the manager's strategy and his job is not in question, there's a clear remit," he said. "You get success if you get time, and stability will come from that. Otherwise it's very difficult for a manager like Andre to impose his philosophy and build a team."

Villas-Boas's side had won just three times in 12 league games and he had the lowest win percentage of any Chelsea manager since

Glenn Hoddle.

Bevan added: "That might be the case. After only eight months you can't build that sort of success. The club's still competing in the latter stages of the Champions League, the FA Cup and fighting for a top-four position. If you want success you must look at the longer term."

He's right tbf. There's absolutely no reason why we could have not been patient with Carlo or AVB, and give them another season.

But no, every failure results in an almost instantaneous sack at Chelsea.

I have agreed with basically everyone of your angry posts today :D . I do foresee you coming out and apologising for being in such a huff (I think you done similar before) but until then keep it up. Every post thus far as been filled with some truth that needs to be heard.

I've apologised in the past because emotions have been high. I've read back what I wrote yesterday and I fully concur with everything I wrote. This club is a shambles from top to bottom, and sacking this promising young manager is the cherry on top of it all. I'm embarrassed to call myself a Chelsea fan today.

I'm not ashamed for feeling anger towards this players, this staff and this club... I sincereley hope we get relegated and don't get to the championsleague, then let it all go back for AVB being the problem and diMatteo couldn't safe us it was soooo bad for us. Getting Guardiola in and picking up millions of yellows and red for cheating (because we're not barca we wont get the decisions for obvious divings), and then we get relegated, whilst AVB wins a quadrouple as the first manager in history of England and all this with Tottenham...

thats what I RIGHT NOW whish from the deepest of my heart...

I'm absolutly baffled and let down by this club... no not the club, but the board, and the players... I will always keep my crest with honour but this ist one of the darkest times I've ever known... not because of AVB and how handsome he is. He was the manager we all whished for, direct, fighting with the media, try'n to pull all in one direction and whom wasnt ready to follow this new path... this new era... this new club... whould have been handled as AVB has done it. I'm just disappointed thas we're the same ol Chelsea... kicking out the manager, when the players and they're ego where the problems (remember Jose and JT Issue when José left? there you have it)...

I'm not ashamed for feeling anger towards this players, this staff and this club... I sincereley hope we get relegated and don't get to the championsleague, then let it all go back for AVB being the problem and diMatteo couldn't safe us it was soooo bad for us. Getting Guardiola in and picking up millions of yellows and red for cheating (because we're not barca we wont get the decisions for obvious divings), and then we get relegated, whilst AVB wins a quadrouple as the first manager in history of England and all this with Tottenham...

thats what I RIGHT NOW whish from the deepest of my heart...

I'm absolutly baffled and let down by this club... no not the club, but the board, and the players... I will always keep my crest with honour but this ist one of the darkest times I've ever known... not because of AVB and how handsome he is. He was the manager we all whished for, direct, fighting with the media, try'n to pull all in one direction and whom wasnt ready to follow this new path... this new era... this new club... whould have been handled as AVB has done it. I'm just disappointed thas we're the same ol Chelsea... kicking out the manager, when the players and they're ego where the problems (remember Jose and JT Issue when José left? there you have it)...

I totally agree mate. Especially with the highlighted points.

As DD11 once said..

drogba.gif

Where to start ?

i for one did not think we would be loosing AVB yesterday. though im a bit flat on how i feel the main thing i think we all feel is let down. i dont see how RDM is going to get more out of these players for the remainder of the season ? alot of them know there most likely going at the end of the season , so what do they have to play for.

I feel sorry for AVB he wasnt given the reasorces he needed to make a good go at Chelsea. he will no doubt go on to inter , get the players he wants and win everything most likely knocking us down a peg or two in the process.

I just dont know how we can be taken seriously anymore , why would a top manager want to come here ??

For me this is absolutely disgusting and vile, I feel very sick after reading this again.

Some started a game among themselves, flying into the car park as the seconds counted down to the scheduled arrival time. They would jump out of their cars with moments to spare, winding up the manager by acknowledging him with a sarcastic wave as they headed in to change.

For me this is absolutely disgusting and vile, I feel very sick after reading this again.

Some started a game among themselves, flying into the car park as the seconds counted down to the scheduled arrival time. They would jump out of their cars with moments to spare, winding up the manager by acknowledging him with a sarcastic wave as they headed in to change.

The term "professional footballer" should be used lightly here. Sunday league teams have more discipline.

http://www.mirrorfoo...icle874525.html

"Those players may have succeeded in getting rid of Villas-Boas, as some of them had brought about the downfall of Luiz Felipe Scolari, briefed against Avram Grant.

But this time round they are also expendable, responsible, set to pay the price. This time round there will be no second chance.

Indeed, however Chelsea respond to the latest bout managerial instability, the die has been cast.

Should the players continue to lose, it will only prove they deserve to go. Should they start winning, now that Villas-Boas has left, it will demonstrate they do not deserve to stay"

too right

Its so sad that the press justified AVB's exit with the players not paying respect to the manager. wheres the professional ethics from the players?

i felt we lost a real gem in AVB. I think its wonderful he managed to get 5th spot. if he was truly bullshit, we could have been at the bottom of the table.

Vialli:

‘Personally, I don’t like it at all when the manager gets sacked and his assistant stays in charge. I thought they were a partnership. Having said that, good luck to RDM. Hope he can steady the ship’.

http://www.adifferentleague.co.uk/p6_1_13812_vialli-questions-di-matteo-decision.html

Excellent point.