Youth Hit Out

Mancienne set for Hamburg.doh.gif

He is having a medical on tuesday and signing a 4-year contract.They will pay us 3.5 million Euros.

Source:

http://www.transferm...igen_64099.html

Can't find any English site.sad.gif

So,another young player out without being given a proper chance.rolleyes.gif

No, that's good decision.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So,another young player out without being given a proper chance.rolleyes.gif

He had his chance to prove his worth at Wolves, all he proved is he isn't good enough for Chelsea.

We over rate our youth so much. We expect managers to play youth, that we don't get to see train everyday etc and also expect results - It just can't work like that. If the player is good enough they will play à la Josh McEachran.

We over rate our youth so much. We expect managers to play youth, that we don't get to see train everyday etc and also expect results - It just can't work like that. If the player is good enough they will play à la Josh McEachran.

Very true.

But we need to see more progress though. Most definitely.

He had his chance to prove his worth at Wolves, all he proved is he isn't good enough for Chelsea.

Why does Arsenal play their youth when they are no better than ours ?

I didn't say a manager should play youth consistently and at the same time expect results.That is nonsense.chai.gif

But we could have used this bad season to try some of them,give them more playing time and see who is good enough.

I didn't say a manager should play youth consistently and at the same time expect results.That is nonsense.chai.gif

But we could have used this bad season to try some of them,give them more playing time and see who is good enough.

What an incredibly stupid answer. They play there youth, everyone respect them for that...Why? Cos I really have no idea. Where has playing there youth got them? I'd rather be a club that is winning, than a club that is producing youth.

More than philosophy, it's the moment we're in as a club. Taken over by a billionaire 7 years ago with huge pressures and expectancy to fill up the trophy cabinet ASAP i.e get us on par with the established order in the league and Europe. No manager will gamble too much with youth because of this pressure.

And like sam said, whoever is good enough, will make it. Doubt Cork (as much as I like him) would have ever progressed beyond a squad role here. Mancienne and Sinclair showed they're not good enough for a club that looks to be in the top 2 minimum every year. Really gutted about Borini though, the lad deserved a chance.

Very well said. Not everyone in the academy is meant to be our next star, they've got to earn it. Sure this system has its problems but it's the same for everyone. So in that sense it's fair. You need to take your chance or it's gone.

emo3.gif

What an incredibly stupid answer. They play there youth, everyone respect them for that...Why? Cos I really have no idea. Where has playing there youth got them? I'd rather be a club that is winning, than a club that is producing youth.

can't we have a happy productive medium ?

You would expect us to give a chance to young player to play in PL while we are battling for a CL place? Sorry, but with our youth policy that could've never happened.

Agree about the last part,but I'm not saying play McEachran over Lampard or Sturridge over Drogba.Play them instead of Mikel,Kalou,Ferreira...Just give them a chance they definitely deserve.

Arsenal has loads of youngsters and they don't have the necessary balance.We can have that mix of older,more experienced players with new faces from the academy.And this season was the right moment to introduce them.smile.gif

I'm suggesting this because if they are in the team we don't need to spend our money on squad players that are old and have big wages.For example,instead of signing Benayoun last summer we could of given Kakuta a chance.wink.gif

You didn't understand.If I wanted to see youth playing at all the time,I'd be Arse fan.biggrin.gif

I agree when people say we over rate our youth a bit, no doubt we have some incredible prospects and will have many more in the future but people need to remember we are one of the best clubs in the world, 95% of the youth wont be anywhere near good enough. I think we're going down the right route tho in terms of scouting talents, the likes of Sturridge, Kakuta and Piazon will (hopefully, if we get our heads straight) have a long and amazing future at Chelsea.

Having said that I do think that we've not given enough chances to the youth, Borini and Sturridge quickly spring to mind. Hopefully our next manager will change that.

In general, I think every team's supporters tend to overrate their youth. That being said, I honestly think we have some true talent in our side, namely Kakuta, Sturridge, and McEachran. The key is to mix them in with the experienced players a start here, a subsitution there, etc. Blood them in. As much as I hate to reference him, Sir Red Nose is pretty adept at this. Take a risk on them, or they will not come to fruition.

Sincliar was NEVER going to join the ranks of Chelsea with the jumping stages of managers. He is a good player, especially in Championship level, and i supported for him to succeed here or given an actual oppertunity but the role that he was playing with the age he was, it was never going to happen which is saddening. Mancienne, too weak for Chelsea, and i think he actually put some weight on since his injury? He can tackle, and his play is 'hoof-ball' otherwise. He wouldn't really add anything to the squad that, let's say, Mikel couldn't do plus better and more.

Cork and Borini - Cork should have been given the right chances, but it never occurred which was saddening as i would have loved him to be our versatile player. Imagine playing in the center of midfeild would have been ideal alongside the like of Lampard. But, yet again, the jumps of managers hasn't really done anything to add to this. Borini was a more hierarchy kind of thing, and in some ways, wanted too much from the club at his age (19?) especially since we have Drogba, Sturridge, Anleka, Kalou and then Torres infront of him in competitions. Should have been giving the time, but was defo bacl listed by the directors.

The worrying element for me now is that with Carlo gone, we are in a sense of an alien atmosphere. We have no indication of whom the next manager is, nor can we actually say they would rather play the youngsters then going out to by the next Benay. Until we have a new manager, and have assessed his plans over pre-season (which i doubt would include many of the youngsters) we can only speculate who and what the future holds for us and the youth.

I love it when I hear the youth is not good enough. Then we see Chelsea Academy grad Beckford make a 75 yard run & chip the Chelsea POY. Nope, I only hear/read that he is a championship player, but every time he against Chelsea he finds the net. Oh well I guess I should feel good to see Chelsea improving other teams w/ their youth program.

I love it when I hear the youth is not good enough. Then we see Chelsea Academy grad Beckford make a 75 yard run & chip the Chelsea POY. Nope, I only hear/read that he is a championship player, but every time he against Chelsea he finds the net. Oh well I guess I should feel good to see Chelsea improving other teams w/ their youth program.

And i hear Vidic is the best defender in the world, yet i watched as Pedro was let to be in the box in a 'free-zone', and i saw Man United's defense not even be able to come out and even TRY to press against Messi.

Alex was out of position and Cech was far out-stretched. We were caught on the counter attack, and we NEVER made ourselves a threat.