Youth Hit Out

“You're not breaking into Chelsea as a 20, 21-year-old, you have to be an established player to be playing at that level. The pressures are that you`ve got to win trophies and win games, you haven`t got time to make a mistake in the game as a Chelsea player. So the development at Chelsea is much more different. As a player you need to make mistakes to learn from it.”
“I just want to play football really. If someone comes in from above and says you’re going to sit on the bench and maybe play here and there, it’s hard because it’s Premier League football but playing every game is what I want to be doing. At Burnley I’ve been doing that and I’ve really enjoyed it so if I can come back here and help to try to push again for promotion I’m happy to do that,”

“I need to go away from Chelsea to play regular football, even if it’s with a smaller team in a smaller league. Most of the young players at Chelsea have had to do the same thing.

Scott Sinclair, who plays at Swansea now, Jack Cork, Jeffrey Bruma, Patrick van Aanholt and Michael Mancienne all went through the same thing. I would not say we share the same frustration, but we all need the same honesty.

Although I am still young, I have been at Chelsea for four years now and I feel I have wasted the last six months of my career.”

“I've got to go back to Chelsea, but beyond that, I can't say what's going to happen because I don't know myself.”

This isn't good. All these quotes have been collected in the last month. We're becoming less and less attractive for young prospects now.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We really should use the Josh McEachran model for all youth talent.

Let them get some time as substitutes at least. Start with last 5 minutes, and gradually keep building. It gives them confidence and hope, while giving the management a chance to see what they're made of.

Exactly!

Not stupid policies like Homegrown. Which is encouraging foreign poaching more than anything!

I was thinking about Spanish and German model, where your B team/reserves play in lower leagues.

We saw our youth policy against Sunderland when a 30 year old right back Paulo Fereirra got a chance rather then a 19 year old central back Bruma.

This is really bad and I hope to see it changed it the near future. Our reserves won the league and imo some of them are ready to be given chances in the first team. We'll see after a preseason where do we stand with young players.

I was thinking about Spanish and German model, where your B team/reserves play in lower leagues.

Yep, I honestly don't know why the FA don't do that.

But there's a big emphasis on the lower leagues in this country, and they'd all say it's unfair (even though B teams wouldn't be allowed Premier League promotion). The FA is so up its own arse, they've become inferior to other national footballing bodies.

Yep, I honestly don't know why the FA don't do that.

But there's a big emphasis on the lower leagues in this country, and they'd all say it's unfair (even though B teams wouldn't be allowed Premier League promotion). The FA is so up its own arse, they've become inferior to other national footballing bodies.

I don't know why it would be unfair. Winner of reserve league north division gets promoted to conference north and winner of south division to conference south. Or something similar.

To be honest none of the players (with the exception of Borini) that were quoted would have been good enough for Chelsea, Sinclair couldn't even get a first team place at Wigan, Jack Cork would always be used as a squad player at best and nothing more (and he wants to be a first team starter), and Mancinenne is average and weak for a defender.

To be honest none of the players (with the exception of Borini) that were quoted would have been good enough for Chelsea, Sinclair couldn't even get a first team place at Wigan, Jack Cork would always be used as a squad player at best and nothing more (and he wants to be a first team starter), and Mancinenne is average and weak for a defender.

Wouldn't have hurt to give any of them a legitimate chance in our squad though.

We cry for a winger, how effective would Sinclair have been now. Look at his form this season for Swansea. Shows he's far from a finished product.

If they're good enough they'll make it.

Sturridge & Josh are the one's we should be worrying about.

Josh will be fine. Since the whole club's hopes are on him :lol:

Sturridge is the worry though. With all our links to attackers like Neymar & Lukaku, I do worry.

Josh will be fine. Since the whole club's hopes are on him :lol:

Sturridge is the worry though. With all our links to attackers like Neymar & Lukaku, I do worry.

Exactly this is my worry as well. He's proven he's good enough in the premiership so give him next season and go from there.

Wouldn't have hurt to give any of them a legitimate chance in our squad though.

We cry for a winger, how effective would Sinclair have been now. Look at his form this season for Swansea. Shows he's far from a finished product.

It shows that he can do well in the fizzy pop leagues, but is useless in the Premier league.

It shows that he can do well in the fizzy pop leagues, but is useless in the Premier league.

Fair enough.

I hope we do see him in the Premier League next season, I hope he proves you wrong too :lol:

Mancienne set for Hamburg.doh.gif

He is having a medical on tuesday and signing a 4-year contract.They will pay us 3.5 million Euros.

Source:

http://www.transfermarkt.de/de/chelseas-mancienne-offenbar-vor-wechsel-zum-hsv-/news/anzeigen_64099.html

Can't find any English site.sad.gif

So,another young player out without being given a proper chance.rolleyes.gif