Stamford Bridge Thread

I don't think anyone wants a move from the bridge, its a part of us, its always been this clubs home and its hard to imagine not playibg there but the sad fact is with football now being a money business and restrictions on our spending coming into practice soon we are going to have to generate a greater revenue than at present if we want to be able to compete. I will be following this story with great interest.

We could literally rebuild Stamford Bridge, you know. That is always an option.

Personally, if we're going to move I'd like to see something like the Signal Iduna Park. Obviously not quite as big, but if you want an intimidating stadium, this is for you:

Signal-Iduna-Park-Stadium.jpg

We could literally rebuild Stamford Bridge, you know. That is always an option.

Personally, if we're going to move I'd like to see something like the Signal Iduna Park. Obviously not quite as big, but if you want an intimidating stadium, this is for you:

Signal-Iduna-Park-Stadium.jpg

yeah I like the idea of the fans being on top of the players, very intimidating

Its being reported (probably intentionally leaked) that the club have explored the option of starting again at our current location from scratch, and turning the pitch through 90 degrees , still doesnt sort out the egress problems which are the fundamental problem with where we are.

Nine elms seems the most likely to me, its an area that needs redevelopment, in a traditional chelsea stronghold for supporters, easiest place to buy and build a new ground, earls court is the obvious best choice location wise but id be happy to move to battersea, its better than old oak common.

I'm all for the move, whether in 2020 or before - if you support the ideal that we need financial stability in the future, you would be as well - but my only worry presently is whether we'd be able to fill a 60k seater every week.

As one report says having a capacity stadium of 60,000 instead of 42,000 will bring in an additional £50m approx per annum.

With a brand new stadium and expansive brand we will also be in a more powerful position with sponsorships, especially naming rights to a new stadium. This could well be anything between another £10-20m per annum. Suddenly we'll be in a position where we are pretty much in a break even position which is vital with the financial fair play rules. (particularly as debt and expenditure attributable to improving the club's infrastructure such as stadium, training ground, etc is not included in the financial fair play rules).

Not to mention the likelihood of being able to host events, in particular the Champions League final!

I can understand fan's wanting to keep with tradition, but it is necessary for the club to expand. I am positively certain that they will go ahead with such moves with a lot of dignity and consideration for the fans. Roman Abramovich has done so much for this football club and the final piece of the jigsaw is a state of the art new stadium. Let's look forward not think backwards.

In terms of a stadium look, I must say I love the outside design of the Allianz Arena - it just stands out so well within it's community which is what we should be aiming for, although I would also like the fans to be as close as possible to the pitch.

There is Wembley.

There isn't just one ground per country which can host Champions League and Europa League finals, otherwise you would miss out on a ton of good stadiums. If we build a state of the art, iconic stadium in the region of 60,000 capacity do you think we are going to get turned away?

Its being reported (probably intentionally leaked) that the club have explored the option of starting again at our current location from scratch, and turning the pitch through 90 degrees , still doesnt sort out the egress problems which are the fundamental problem with where we are.

I think that is very unlikely.

• Where would we play and fit a suitable number of supporters while the building work is taking place?
  • The railways behind the East and MH stands would still be there
  • There would still only be 1 exit onto Fulham Road
  • The Shed and MH would need to be completely rebuilt to contain player facilities, executive boxes etc. that you find on a length ways stand

chelsea_aerial.jpg

would the stadium really be much bigger for millions of pounds of rebuilding on the same site. The whole area in which we are located is not a square and however hard I try I cannot see how the stadium would be bigger if we turned it 90 degrees

I think that is very unlikely.

• Where would we play and fit a suitable number of supporters while the building work is taking place?
  • The railways behind the East and MH stands would still be there
  • There would still only be 1 exit onto Fulham Road
  • The Shed and MH would need to be completely rebuilt to contain player facilities, executive boxes etc. that you find on a length ways stand

chelsea_aerial.jpg

would the stadium really be much bigger for millions of pounds of rebuilding on the same site. The whole area in which we are located is not a square and however hard I try I cannot see how the stadium would be bigger if we turned it 90 degrees

I wasnt suggesting it merely saying that apparently the club have explored that option and it isnt viable as like you said for all those reasons and more.

If you knew about our beginnings as a football club you would realise that we were founded because of Stamford Bridge, not the other way around like every other club. Therefore we have a much stronger connection to our stadium than other teams

Spot on.

Gooner comments

''i hope for all your sakes you dont, unless your club gets half a dozen of you lot in on the planning for things..our club royally fucked everythng up, from the design,to moving ST holders, more lads in the pubs than ground these days. and we got less of the cheapER seats on sale match to match than when we was at Highbury..hate the place. i could type 100 reasons whats wrong with it...good luck ''

i put his comments because hes respectable, and theres a definite corrolation between them moving and slipping down the pecking order. You need more than TV money and a rich benefactor -without the fans and atmosphere a club becomes a soulless shadow of its former self.

if the move happens I just hope its given every consideration, and not just money

I don't actually care about any arguments for moving away from the Bridge. I will hold my single minded view...

We have been there from the start. 1905-forever, it will be disgraceful if we allow our home to be torn down as we move to some untraditional modern replica of the Emirates...

42,000 will do me fine and I'd rather miss out on a ticket through a sell out at the bridge than be guaranteed one at some concrete bowl stadium that is about as intimidating as arsenals back four...

SAVE THE BRIDGE. I will feel betrayed by the club if we move from the Bridge in my lifetime.

Get the point across in any way you can, only thing I can do online is try and make a point on social networks

I don't care about people pressing follow on my twitter..just RT my tweet posted earlier saying the bridge is where we belong say no to the move! Let's trend that and hope someone gets the point, then I hope others will protest in person if any advanced talks begin, let's keep our home safe. @Lumo_5

Chelsea without Stamford Bridge is like Fish without Chips...It's Wrong.

King Osgood will be looking down hoping for us to keep his throne at the Home of Chelsea Football Club.

Not sure if it is entirely related, but AFL architects (who have worked with us to refurbish the East Stand and West stand) and designed Cobham training ground have also designed a stadium for an un named client. It looks like this:

snowdrop_large_1.jpg

snowdrop_large_2.jpg

snowdrop_large_3.jpg

Not sure if the fact that they have worked so closely with us in the past could have anything to do with it. It could be our future stadium. They are fairly high profile as well, having worked with Manchester United, Rio 2016 Olympics and Liverpool