The English Football Thread

Steve

3 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

I just don't get what he says to them. They just come out changed! So many times it's crazy. 

I think it is just his breath

the cumulative nicotine eventually overwhelms their synapses and they go full retard

they all need to start smoking to build up immunity

• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

6 minutes ago, bakayokofan said:

Gw 36

United win (Chelsea)
Chelsea lose (United)
Arsenal lose (lei)

Gw37
Chelsea win (Watford)
Arsenal win (Brighton)
United win (Huddersfield)

Gw 38
United win (Cardiff)
Lei vs Chelsea (draw/lose)
Burnley vs arsenal (draw/lose)

United 73
Chelsea 70/71
Arsenal 69/70

Why would you write something like this? 

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

I think it is just his breath

the cumulative nicotine eventually overwhelms their synapses and they go full retard

they all need to start smoking to build up immunity

You drink tonight, haven't you? 😄

37 minutes ago, Vesper said:

if Mo is even remotely backed, he is still world class

the board fucked him and Conte after both won the league

I still say if Sarri was sacked (as he should have been after that Bournemouth 4 nil cunt-up) we would be third and would surely win the EL

sack him after, dun really care, but he is streets ahead of old smokey

I loved Conte. I liked that guy, thought he was the best replacement after Mourinho. But the board are a bunch of fools. 

9 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I loved Conte. I liked that guy, thought he was the best replacement after Mourinho. But the board are a bunch of fools. 

What annoys is we all knew even though we'd won the league the squad wasn't good enough. We needed the signings to take us forward.. Never got them and then suffered a result. Again 

2 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

They could very well make the top4. At least they will be giving their all in a fight for that spot unlike gutless teams like Arsenal, United and us

I disagree. They are not playing in Europe which will impact their league form especially when you don't have big squad. In UCL you have to face big teas whereas in europa you have to play on Thursday. 

4 hours ago, DDA said:

I'm not getting too cocky after tonight. United weren't that bad tbh. If they play like that against us, we will be in trouble. We can't handle Burnley ffs.

I agree they played better ... it was just the class and determination which was the difference. 

We're not winning at OT ... it is a fight between 2 distorted team and with home advantage feel United will come on top. Our only hope would be and has been Hazard. 

If you want to talk about agendas then look no further than Roy Keane talking about Uniteds players 'throwing Ole under the bus'.

Yet at Chelsea, it's always the managers fault for underperforming players.

You can't pick and chose when it suits you mate.

8 hours ago, Fernando said:

I agree that Conte could have been here for a while, he took an average team and transformed into champions (I mean who thought Moses will be an integral part of the team). Had he got his players... then who knows?  But I feel post winning the title he went too aggressive on the board when his demand was not met, not siding with the board they are equally to be blamed. But I feel he could have played it smart rather than going out all guns blazing. 

If & Buts ... :)

1 hour ago, DDA said:

If you want to talk about agendas then look no further than Roy Keane talking about Uniteds players 'throwing Ole under the bus'.

Yet at Chelsea, it's always the managers fault for underperforming players.

You can't pick and chose when it suits you mate.

I think it's the opposite, the managers get little blame when things go wrong here but United the manager gets the flak, that's why all our sacked manager's can walk into other high profile jobs and sacked United one's can't.

10 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I think it's the opposite, the managers get little blame when things go wrong here but United the manager gets the flak, that's why all our sacked manager's can walk into other high profile jobs and sacked United one's can't.

I'm sorry Tomo but I just do not agree with what you are saying here bro.

First of all, player power has been a huge focal point in our dressing room. Conte and even Jose were ousted through players either downing tools or expressing their disapproval of the current managing regime. 

Secondly, you can't say Uniteds sacked managers can't walk into high profile jobs in comparison to our sacked managers because it is as simple as that. You have to take into consideration the calibre of manager who was appointed in the first place and the time of which they they were appointed. For instance, you can't compare Moyes with Conte because there was a gulf in acheievments prior to their appointments, thus why life after Chels or United would probably take different courses. Also, look at Jose for instance, there was pretty much no where else for him to go after us... United was probably the last realistic 'big club' for him to manage bar PSG and Juve both of whom are not in need of a new manager.. So after United where can go? I could go on for a while explaining but I'm sure you catch my drift.

15 minutes ago, DDA said:

I'm sorry Tomo but I just do not agree with what you are saying here bro.

First of all, player power has been a huge focal point in our dressing room. Conte and even Jose were ousted through players either downing tools or expressing their disapproval of the current managing regime. 

Secondly, you can't say Uniteds sacked managers can't walk into high profile jobs in comparison to our sacked managers because it is as simple as that. You have to take into consideration the calibre of manager who was appointed in the first place and the time of which they they were appointed. For instance, you can't compare Moyes with Conte because there was a gulf in acheievments prior to their appointments, thus why life after Chels or United would probably take different courses. Also, look at Jose for instance, there was pretty much no where else for him to go after us... United was probably the last realistic 'big club' for him to manage bar PSG and Juve both of whom are not in need of a new manager.. So after United where can go? I could go on for a while explaining but I'm sure you catch my drift.

You can't compare Moyes with Conte but you definitely can AVB, the latter of whom got a job at Spurs months after leaving us.Also re Jose despite his history i highly doubt another top club would have appointed him if he pulled a 15/16 elsewhere, LVG had 7 titles and a CL ti his name but wasn't again touched with a bargepole post United.

The stigma about the players being the problem area (true to an extent but they certainly aren't the main cause like the media claim) has led to this job being a free hit in terms of reputation risk, for another example if us sacking Sarri coincides with Pochettino finally going to a club that matches his ambitions i could quite easily see Maurizio heading Spurs, but if Emery cocks up at Arsenal he'll never get a similar level job.

50 minutes ago, Tomo said:

You can't compare Moyes with Conte but you definitely can AVB,

Villas-Boas went on to immense success with Porto, leading them to an undefeated season in the Primeira Liga—only the second time this had ever been achieved—and winning the title by more than 20 points, having conceded only 13 goals all season. Villas-Boas went on to follow up this success by leading Porto to win both the Portuguese Cup and the UEFA Europa League, thus completing a treble in his first season in charge. By doing so, Villas-Boas became the third-youngest coach ever to win the Primeira Liga (behind Mihály Siska in 1939 and Juca in 1962) and the youngest manager ever to win a European competition, at the age of 33 years and 213 days.

DDA is right about "achievements prior to their appointments, thus why life after Chels or United would probably take different courses."