The English Football Thread

Steve

How would the Premier League table look if games ended at half-time?

ANSWER ; We would have a much bigger lead than we do already!

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/778211/Premier-League-table-games-end-half-time-sportgalleries

• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

14 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

ANSWER ; We would have a much bigger lead than we do already!

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/778211/Premier-League-table-games-end-half-time-sportgalleries

The top teams have significantly fewer points in the first half table.
The bottom teams somewhat more.
Chelsea surprisingly stays the same 56 in the 2nd half, 55 in the first half.

Boost for Everton with Premier League's seventh-place side likely to make Europa League

The Premier League's seventh-place side - currently Everton - is likely to qualify for the Europa League next season after the weekend's results in the FA Cup.

How seventh place qualifies for Europa League...

• If EFL Cup winner - Man Utd - finish in top six
  • If FA Cup winner finishes in the top six
  • If Leicester do not win the Champions League

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10800452/boost-for-everton-with-premier-leagues-seventh-place-side-likely-to-make-europa-league

The lads are having a great game showing us how to handle Spuds. 2-0 at half time.

What always suprises me is our lads have sorta dominated the youth leagues now for quite awhile yet none have reallly made a name for themselves in the big leagues.

On 14/03/2017 at 8:16 PM, Unionjack said:

The lads are having a great game showing us how to handle Spuds. 2-0 at half time.

What always suprises me is our lads have sorta dominated the youth leagues now for quite awhile yet none have reallly made a name for themselves in the big leagues.

Good observation. I was there. It was both pleasing and intensely frustrating. For anyone who missed it, the game finished 2-1; a ludicrous score line considering how utterly dominant we were for all but about 6 or 7 of the 90 minutes. We missed an injury time penalty, but even 3-1 to us would still have flattered Spurs.

Edit: City's kids look really talented. They destroyed Stoke in the first leg of their semi and people on blue moon seem pretty confident they'll win. Personally I think they're going to get a hell of a game from our lads if we go through.

2 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Good observation. I was there. It was both pleasing and intensely frustrating. For anyone who missed it, the game finished 2-1; a ludicrous score line considering how utterly dominant we were for all but about 6 or 7 of the 90 minutes. We missed an injury time penalty, but even 3-1 to us would still have flattered Spurs.

Edit: City's kids look really talented. They destroyed Stoke in the first leg of their semi and people on blue moon seem pretty confident they'll win. Personally I think they're going to get a hell of a game from our lads if we go through.

I'm in no doubt tjay we jave 1 hellova accademy and the TEAMs prove they are at the best at their levels.

So you would assume that theres at least a couple of outstanding lads with potential of playing in the top clubs.

While we cant just bring anyone from the youths into the 1st it doesn't stop other clubs wanting to buy them does it?

Even the ones we put om loan yes they end up with playing careers, fine, but why dont they attract interest from the big teams. This isn't just a Chelsea thing it seems its British clubs in general.

I'm normally a believer in people finding their own level in life amd not hust players. So is it because our youth do find their playing levels or is there a problem in UK academy coaching?

28 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Lack of winter break or not good enough: why are English clubs failing in Europe?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/mar/16/why-english-clubs-failing-europe-champions-league

Crap defending mainly. And lack of any quality, but it'll be OK 2017-18 because The Chels will be gracing Europe.

Meanwhile good luck to Leicester...

19 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Crap defending mainly. And lack of any quality, but it'll be OK 2017-18 because The Chels will be gracing Europe.

Meanwhile good luck to Leicester...

There would be total Anarchy amd class revolutions if Leicester managed to pull off the cup win.

I would love to see it happen.

Then we followed it up next year as we followed them this season. (make wood - no no sorry touch wood)

13 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Lack of winter break or not good enough: why are English clubs failing in Europe?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/mar/16/why-english-clubs-failing-europe-champions-league

There has not been a really good English team for a while. United has never been the same after saf, we all know about arsenal and we are currently trying to build a new team. 

C'mon West Brom! Would be good to keep the north Londoners 3 points behind.
Its got to be the closest run season for years for 2nd place.
With Mounure and North London red 2 games behind, IF they both win their 2 games it would leave 5 clubs within a point of each other - and 10 points behind us! Chelsea%201_zpslxgfqido.gif
One game at a time. Cant fuck this up now.