test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Steve

The English Football Thread

Started by Steve,

One just has to admire what is happening there - 16 games played, 15 wins, 48 goals scored already, 11 points gap, consistent performances with some late winners. All that while playing attacking minded football. No contest whatsoever this season. It would need a massive, massive blip to let other teams racing for the title again.

Watching Mourinho fail again is a wonderful thing, that must be said.

City winning the PL is hollow and meaningless to me personally, so more power to them. If it's not us they're the most palatable club.

Really, really don't want them to win the CL, though.

xPetrCechx likes this

I only watched the second half, but City weren't that impressive and the game seemed to be up for the taking. Granted, Manchester United actually had to play football to do so.

It is not them winning the league that I hate. It's that they'll probably break all kind of records, maybe even be new invincibles, and even more important - they have a team which can dominate in England and Europe for a lot of years to come..

They could win most of the leagues in upcoming years, maybe even UCL. And then, they will be about leveled with us in the number of important trophies. Their project just screams 'longevity' and ours actually never did. And they will have this really good football, people will always admire that.

11Drogba likes this

It's a bit alarming for Mourinho that it seems to be quite to easy to look good against his teams nowadays. Back in the days he was known for making the opposition look mediocre in big games.

41 minutes ago, El P. said:

It is not them winning the league that I hate. It's that they'll probably break all kind of records, maybe even be new invincibles, and even more important - they have a team which can dominate in England and Europe for a lot of years to come..

They could win most of the leagues in upcoming years, maybe even UCL. And then, they will be about leveled with us in the number of important trophies. Their project just screams 'longevity' and ours actually never did. And they will have this really good football, people will always admire that.

You're overrating them way too much. The competitive nature of modern football would stand in the way of such dominance.

7 minutes ago, Azpinator said:

You're overrating them way too much. The competitive nature of modern football would stand in the way of such dominance.

Yes, I might be. Hope you are right.

The Chels and Azpinator like this

The moment they put Begiristain in charge they started building this team. We and other clubs have accountants in charge. They will dominate, rest of us will compete.

Johnnyeye likes this

De Bruyne will win PFA player of the season, its just bound to happen. City break the winning run record with 14 straight wins, and probably going to break even more records come the end of the season. This was on the cards really, congrats to Guardiola and Ciy, they have been nothing short of brilliant and deserve all the praise they get, sometimes you just have to acknowledge and admire the opposition and only a meltdown will stop them from winning the title, wich wont happen. City's playing style, players performing and results are the mark of champions, our board should take a good look at themselves and admit they fucked up big time with transfers this summer, we are miles away from competing with this City side, unless Conte gets a proper backing in transfers or else he will leave for sure, i have to be honest. Cheers

BlueSunshine and silviupastean like this

The moment they put Begiristain in charge they started building this team. We and other clubs have accountants in charge. They will dominate, rest of us will compete.
Having a Sheikh helps quite a bit
communicate and Johnnyeye like this

48 minutes ago, Jason said:

Klopp totally lost it after the derby. :lol:

Klopp deserves much better than Liverpool in my opinion, and the media in UK is just a disgrace along with many pundits, Klopp should be at a club like Bayern or Barcelona.

Looks like we got lucky United, Arsenal, Liverpool all lost points. Hope we win everything until January no excuses anymore.

1 hour ago, El P. said:

Pretty much this. We fucked up when we sold De Bruyne, Salah, Luis and the rest of the players. We would be set for years right now with them. Once Hazard leaves we can forget about PL titles in the next 4-5 years easily. I don't believe in this board nor the project, luckily I'm a blind fan who loves Chelsea and will continue to love this club but it's obvious we won't be winning much in the years to come.

13 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
24 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

Having a Sheikh helps quite a bit

Huge resources and he is also smarter in the market now. It is and will be very hard to compete with them.

Huge resources and he is also smarter in the market now. It is and will be very hard to compete with them.

Will be whilst FFP is nothing more than an idea.

5 hours ago, Jason said:

Klopp totally lost it after the derby. :lol:

I'm happy to know that Liverpool supporters are irate about the result, but I have no love for these types of interviews from Sky (or whoever).  They try to stir up some shit then act all innocent when confronted in return.  They are actively trying to goad some sort of talking point for their next headline.  Wish more managers would respond like Klopp.

8 hours ago, Georgy said:

Looks like we got lucky United, Arsenal, Liverpool all lost points. Hope we win everything until January no excuses anymore.

Our rivals for 6th place Burnley & Leicester won though, hopefully we can hold them off.