Neymar

the wes

Santos FC rejects proposal of Chelsea-ING by Neymar

20/07/2010 12h19

Santosfc.com.br

The Santos FC clarifies that received, at the end of the morning this Tuesday (20), official proposal of Chelsea FC, England, economic rights of attacker Neymar. President Luis Alvaro de Oliveira Ribeiro already sent response to English club thanks for your interest and reaffirming that the Santos FC has no interest in open negotiation.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To be fair if we offered 20 mil it doesn't matter how much they don't want to open negotiations because for 28.4 we'll activate his release clause and they'll have no choice in the matter.

To be fair if we offered 20 mil it doesn't matter how much they don't want to open negotiations because for 28.4 we'll activate his release clause and they'll have no choice in the matter.

I feel really good. Yes the bid was rejected but at least we know we are in the market for a striker and we are willing to spend big, not only that but we are looking at the right kind of players, young, fast with potential.

"Chelsea are reported to have made a bid worth €20million to bring Santos wonderkid Neymar to Stamford Bridge.Yesterday it was claimed that the Blues were close to producing an offer, and according to Brazilian sources today this plan was put into action.

Globoesporte claim that Carlo Ancelotti's team have acted after an earlier bid of €15million was turned down by the Peixe. Neymar, 18, has also been a target for English rivals Manchester City and West Ham. All bids for the forward however have so far been rejected by Santos President Luis Alvaro de Oliveira Ribeiro, who has stated in the past he would not accept a penny less than the player's buy out clause- a hefty €35million.Sources close to the teenager on the other hand have stated their willingness to talk with foreign suitors.

Neymar's father Neymar da Silva had declared at the time of West Ham's rejected bid that "it would be a great opportunity for my son, with the possibility of playing for a major European club in such a short time, fighting for the biggest championships and becoming one of the best players in the world".

Goal.com but fairly encouraging.

http://bit.ly/bOEOCp

well this is a big gamble on a player that is clearly underweight but a good talent none the less. I think with sturridge and borini we have 2 very good young striker's i would rather we sign a young target man !

well this is a big gamble on a player that is clearly underweight but a good talent none the less. I think with sturridge and borini we have 2 very good young striker's i would rather we sign a young target man !

..& let's not forget, Kalou's still only 24!

The good news is that we tried to sign a talent like Neymar.I was worried that our next transfer would be someone like Benayoun.

The bad news is that our bid got rejected.Surely the club can offer more,hope they will.

i think we switched our target from Aguero to Neymar bcoz of Atleti's demand of more than 40m... So i doubt if we will go again with a higher bid. But one good news is watever it is, it cant be more tham 28m as thats his release caluse..But still that wd be a sizeable fee for a future prospect !!! Dout if the board wud be ready to tk such a risk...

this would be a quality acquisition, imagine him becoming a ronaldo type figure.

..& let's not forget, Kalou's still only 24!

yes but kalou shouldnt be anywhere near a top 4 team, never mind the champions.

and besides he's not an attacker, he's whatever he can be to start a game. rolleyes.gif

this would be a quality acquisition, imagine him becoming a ronaldo type figure.

yes but kalou shouldnt be anywhere near a top 4 team, never mind the champions.

and besides he's not an attacker, he's whatever he can be to start a game. rolleyes.gif

as usual you know better than Carlo you could at least say its your opinion not state it as fact

Neymar is a great great talent. At only 18 its incredible how good he is, but..

He is a real lightweight and he would really need to bulk up for PL football. And most importantly he will probably get tired of getting kicked around all the time, like speedy ballwizards (Robben, Robinho and even Ronaldo said it).

They should rather go for Ganso, also a Santos player. Fantastic 'number 10'.

Neymar is a great great talent. At only 18 its incredible how good he is, but..

He is a real lightweight and he would really need to bulk up for PL football. And most importantly he will probably get tired of getting kicked around all the time, like speedy ballwizards (Robben, Robinho and even Ronaldo said it).

Isn't that what they said about Ronaldo? He was to weak for the PL, he did fine.

<br  />Isn't that what they said about Ronaldo? He was to weak for the PL, he did fine.<br  />
<br  /><br  /><br  /><br /><br />Yeah he ended up great. Why? Because he bulked up, thats what Neymar will have to do like i said third sentence. And he worked hard on his condition and stamina. Malouda did the same, remember he was a lot weaker when he first joined. Not all players have that will to work extremely to succeed. There are a lot more failure stories than success stories when it comes to those kind of players in the PL. Most would rather go to the Spanish League, where they would have to work a lot less on their physique. And I was more worried about ending up unhappy of being kicked around all time (Robben, Robinho, Ronaldo are a few examples).<br /><br />I'm not saying he wont succeed but for that amount of money you have to keep the big risk in mind.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You