Luka Modric

DavidEU

He might as well just stay at Zagreb if we are not going to bring him over now and just sign him in the summer! It is different with players like Rajkovic who are young and will get valuable experience at PSV but Modric is an established international already.

Agreed, Why pay 16million on someone when you ownt be getting anything from them for at least 6 months. If we're gonna pay that get him into the team set up asap http://forum.talkchelsea.net/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif

He might as well just stay at Zagreb if we are not going to bring him over now and just sign him in the summer! It is different with players like Rajkovic who are young and will get valuable experience at PSV but Modric is an established international already.

He's 22 and far from being established in a club like Chelsea, hence he needs experience.

He's 22 and far from being established in a club like Chelsea, hence he needs experience.

He's 22 and thus far too old to send out on loan without that saying to him "we don't think you're good enough". Alex was an exception because it was only about gaining a work permit for him.

He's 22 and thus far too old to send out on loan without that saying to him "we don't think you're good enough". Alex was an exception because it was only about gaining a work permit for him.

That's true. So I don't see why we cannot prepare and train him ourselves but have to give everybody to PSV. So I think that this article is hipopotamushit.

Absolutely, which is why the article is probably nonsense, at 22 he is either good enough to join us or not.

yes but maybe in summer we will need to pay more for him:..!

tribalfooball.com - December 12, 2007 Posted Image Dinamo Zagreb midfield ace Luka Modric has warned Chelsea about their plans for him should he accept a move to Stamford Bridge. He said: "I've read in papers that Chelsea would sign me and then loan me to Dutch side PSV. That's nonsense. "I do not know anything about that. But the transfer period is a long one and we will see. My wish was always to move to Spain. I'd like to leave this winter."

You do worry sometimes with our club, you see these players who look real class and we get linked with them. They end up going to one of our rivals and doing really well, and you think - well the club must have someone better lined up - but they never do <_<

well the club must have someone better lined up - but they never do

yea haha we never really take full advantage of the young talent out there but when we lose the opertunity we dont seem to look anywhere else.

Chelsea are looking to sign Luka Modric and send him on loan to PSV Eindhoven, according to reports in Croatia. However, the Croatian playmaker has admitted he would rather move to Spain - although that is unlikely to deter Chelsea. Modric is one of the hottest prospects in European football and has been strongly linked with the likes of Arsenal and Ajax in recent weeks, but Chelsea have now emerged as one of the leading contenders to land the 22-year-old. Chelsea have a long-standing co-operation deal with PSV which has seen them send a number of players to the Philips Stadion, with the option of taking them to Stamford Bridge. Players such as Alex, Alcides and Slobodan Rajkovic have all been sent to PSV by Chelsea, whilst the likes of Arjen Robben and Mateja Kezman moved to West London from the Dutch club and this is the path Modric could take. No dealHowever, while the Dinamo Zagreb starlet admits he has heard about the interest, he insists he has not yet signed with any club. "I have read about the speculation with Chelsea, PSV and Ajax and all I can say is that nothing is true," said Modric. "I didn't sign anything for anyone to go Amsterdam or London." Indeed Modric, who has also been watched by Barcelona and Real Madrid, admitted La Liga was his main aim. "I always liked to play in Spain, but there is still enough time as nothing is decided yet," Modric said. It is also claimed in Croatia that Dinamo coach Branko Ivankovic made a slip-up in-front of a German journalist following their match against Hamburg, when he admitted Modric was heading to England in January. Source: Skum Sports

• 2 weeks later...

Croatia's Modric set for Premier League auction

The Guardian

Dinamo Zagreb's president arrived in London yesterday for negotiations with Premier League clubs to sell Luka Modric to the highest bidder. Modric was the playmaker at the heart of the Croatia team that knocked England out of the qualifiers for Euro 2008 at Wembley last month and Manchester City, Tottenham and Chelsea are all thought likely to be interested when the transfer window opens on Tuesday.Zdravko Mamic sold Eduardo da Silva from Dinamo to Arsenal last summer and says he wants up to £18m for Modric, who can play behind the forwards or on the left of midfield. The Chelsea manager, Avram Grant, watched Modric play for his country in their defeat by Macedonia last month and Arsenal have also been linked with the player - a club scout watched him play for Dinamo when they lost to Hamburg in the Uefa Cup at the start of this month.

The former Arsenal forward Arturo Lupoli has been linked with a return to another of his former clubs, Derby County, by his agent, Claudio Pasqualin. "We are in discussions with the club. Arturo is a wanted man and we are not short of offers," he said.The Brazilian club Flamengo are holding talks with Milan about buying Ronaldo. Flamengo's vice-president, Kleber Leite, said the Italians have given them permission to approach Ronaldo, who is in Brazil for treatment on an injury.

"This is not a marketing manoeuvre," Leite said. "It's a negotiation I've been conducting for the past three days. I've talked twice with [the Milan official and former Brazil international] Leonardo and Ronaldo." Leite said both parties appeared interested in a deal but nothing had been agreed yet. "These talks were conceptual only. We haven't talked about salaries or transfer fees. We just started to negotiate."

Luka Modric is a fuckin piece of overrated shit.If we give 30 or 20 milion for him i will shave my head and donate it to my mate Tri - Blue so he can be as pretty as i am.First of all Dinamo Zagreb realized they can get money from idiots all round Europe and they are making the price bigger as time goes.I belive he would be a waste of money.We don't need a player on his position anyhow.But he is a good guy coming to personality doing charity and stuff.

Edited by TrueBlue

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You