test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

Luka Modric

Started by DavidEU,

2,076 posts in this topic

He might as well just stay at Zagreb if we are not going to bring him over now and just sign him in the summer! It is different with players like Rajkovic who are young and will get valuable experience at PSV but Modric is an established international already.

yes but maybe in summer we will need to pay more for him:..!

I've heard he is going to snub us and sign for Barcelona.

Yup those are the roumers, lets just hope our interest wasn't that firm and we have other players in mind or it is another good player slipping through our hands.

tribalfooball.com - December 12, 2007 Posted Image Dinamo Zagreb midfield ace Luka Modric has warned Chelsea about their plans for him should he accept a move to Stamford Bridge. He said: "I've read in papers that Chelsea would sign me and then loan me to Dutch side PSV. That's nonsense. "I do not know anything about that. But the transfer period is a long one and we will see. My wish was always to move to Spain. I'd like to leave this winter."

You do worry sometimes with our club, you see these players who look real class and we get linked with them. They end up going to one of our rivals and doing really well, and you think - well the club must have someone better lined up - but they never do <_<

well the club must have someone better lined up - but they never do

yea haha we never really take full advantage of the young talent out there but when we lose the opertunity we dont seem to look anywhere else.

Chelsea are looking to sign Luka Modric and send him on loan to PSV Eindhoven, according to reports in Croatia. However, the Croatian playmaker has admitted he would rather move to Spain - although that is unlikely to deter Chelsea. Modric is one of the hottest prospects in European football and has been strongly linked with the likes of Arsenal and Ajax in recent weeks, but Chelsea have now emerged as one of the leading contenders to land the 22-year-old. Chelsea have a long-standing co-operation deal with PSV which has seen them send a number of players to the Philips Stadion, with the option of taking them to Stamford Bridge. Players such as Alex, Alcides and Slobodan Rajkovic have all been sent to PSV by Chelsea, whilst the likes of Arjen Robben and Mateja Kezman moved to West London from the Dutch club and this is the path Modric could take. No dealHowever, while the Dinamo Zagreb starlet admits he has heard about the interest, he insists he has not yet signed with any club. "I have read about the speculation with Chelsea, PSV and Ajax and all I can say is that nothing is true," said Modric. "I didn't sign anything for anyone to go Amsterdam or London." Indeed Modric, who has also been watched by Barcelona and Real Madrid, admitted La Liga was his main aim. "I always liked to play in Spain, but there is still enough time as nothing is decided yet," Modric said. It is also claimed in Croatia that Dinamo coach Branko Ivankovic made a slip-up in-front of a German journalist following their match against Hamburg, when he admitted Modric was heading to England in January. Source: Skum Sports

Croatia's Modric set for Premier League auction

The Guardian

Dinamo Zagreb's president arrived in London yesterday for negotiations with Premier League clubs to sell Luka Modric to the highest bidder. Modric was the playmaker at the heart of the Croatia team that knocked England out of the qualifiers for Euro 2008 at Wembley last month and Manchester City, Tottenham and Chelsea are all thought likely to be interested when the transfer window opens on Tuesday.Zdravko Mamic sold Eduardo da Silva from Dinamo to Arsenal last summer and says he wants up to £18m for Modric, who can play behind the forwards or on the left of midfield. The Chelsea manager, Avram Grant, watched Modric play for his country in their defeat by Macedonia last month and Arsenal have also been linked with the player - a club scout watched him play for Dinamo when they lost to Hamburg in the Uefa Cup at the start of this month.

The former Arsenal forward Arturo Lupoli has been linked with a return to another of his former clubs, Derby County, by his agent, Claudio Pasqualin. "We are in discussions with the club. Arturo is a wanted man and we are not short of offers," he said.The Brazilian club Flamengo are holding talks with Milan about buying Ronaldo. Flamengo's vice-president, Kleber Leite, said the Italians have given them permission to approach Ronaldo, who is in Brazil for treatment on an injury.

"This is not a marketing manoeuvre," Leite said. "It's a negotiation I've been conducting for the past three days. I've talked twice with [the Milan official and former Brazil international] Leonardo and Ronaldo." Leite said both parties appeared interested in a deal but nothing had been agreed yet. "These talks were conceptual only. We haven't talked about salaries or transfer fees. We just started to negotiate."

Would be a good purchase if it came off.......I hope this doesnt turn into another "Alves saga" where they keep increasing the money they're after before screwing us over <_<

Luka Modric is a fuckin piece of overrated shit.If we give 30 or 20 milion for him i will shave my head and donate it to my mate Tri - Blue so he can be as pretty as i am.First of all Dinamo Zagreb realized they can get money from idiots all round Europe and they are making the price bigger as time goes.I belive he would be a waste of money.We don't need a player on his position anyhow.But he is a good guy coming to personality doing charity and stuff.

Edited by TrueBlue

Luka Modric is a fuckin piece of overrated shit.If we give 30 or 20 milion for him i will shave my head and donate it to my mate Tri - Blue so he can be as pretty as i am.First of all Dinamo Zagreb realized they can get money from idiots all round Europe and they are making the price bigger as time goes.I belive he would be a waste of money.We don't need a player on his position anyhow.But he is a good guy coming to personality doing charity and stuff.

Maybe this is not a word for this but mate I think that you are saying stupid thing....Modric will be great belive me....we need him maybe 20 milions are big money but I think we can give thoose money for him..!!

Maybe this is not a word for this but mate I think that you are saying stupid thing....Modric will be great belive me....we need him maybe 20 milions are big money but I think we can give thoose money for him..!!

Stupid?

Stupid is to give more than 20 mill for a player that we don't need.

All we want is a player that wants to play for the team. If he wants to play in spain, he can piss off as far as i'm concerned. I don't want players who say that. And £20m? ok i admit he destroyed England at wembley but we dont need a central midfielder do we?

1. I feel sick when we go in for a playmaker worth 8 mill and we pay 24 - 30 million for him.

2. Lets face it essien is a fantastic player, but he is not worth 24 million no way 15 million i would say.

3. Man utd bought anderson for 17 million he is already one hell of a player every time i watch him i am amazed.

His touch his vision his pace, strength, agility, he went to anfield and out played gerrard even liverpool fans will tell you

WHY THE FUCK DIDNT WE GO IN FOR HIM ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

1. I feel sick when we go in for a playmaker worth 8 mill and we pay 24 - 30 million for him.

2. Lets face it essien is a fantastic player, but he is not worth 24 million no way 15 million i would say.

3. Man utd bought anderson for 17 million he is already one hell of a player every time i watch him i am amazed.

His touch his vision his pace, strength, agility, he went to anfield and out played gerrard even liverpool fans will tell you

WHY THE FUCK DIDNT WE GO IN FOR HIM ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Because we can't buy all the good players in the World

that anderson is a cheating cocky arogant wanker. i dont like him, he's good yeah but the way he is like how he moans, waves yellow cards, dives, gives cocky gestures, i just dont like him. hes like a cross between ronaldive and eboue. Not a bad player tho :P

that anderson is a cheating cocky arogant wanker. i dont like him, he's good yeah but the way he is like how he moans, waves yellow cards, dives, gives cocky gestures, i just dont like him. hes like a cross between ronaldive and eboue. Not a bad player tho :P

One of you fav players are jimmy hasselbaink he used to moan all the time. Any way mikel used to do

all them things now look at him. Opta stats says he is the most accurate passer of the ball in the league

93% of his passes find the target.

You can teach a player to be more disciplined, now i am going to have to watch anderson become a world

beater knowing Chelsea scouts knew about him but opted for sidwell and bollocks.

yeah but this anderson is cocky and arrogant beyond belief, hes a wanker. His ability is unquestionable, but i just dont like him.